• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bod and TBod Gathering Question

S

SyKo of GL

I have recently become addicted to my mule characters. With this addiction came the realization i dont have enough bods or tbods to fill. So I am now creating mules on other shards to collect bods then will x fer them home. I am going to have 6 mules, then leave one slot open as an x fer char. With this in mind is there an advantage to having like one char 120tailor/120 smith, one at 110/110 100/100 90/90 80/80 70/70 so that i get different level bods to fill and such>? or just all of them 120/120 or as close as i can get hehe.

all and any input is greatly appreciated! =) thx

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Smiths need to be 120 for the best BODs, under 50 if you want lots of small iron normals to turn in for new BODs with your 120 Smith(s)

Tailors can be just 100 for BOD runners (as they have no real bonus for over 100), and there's something really off with the Tailor BOD distribution currently (see the sticky at the top of the forum)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be far easier for you to simply put 0.1 smithing and tailoring on every of your (other) chars and get an additionally bod (or better 6 of them) every hour.
Besides that .... Have you recognized, that you (now) can get a new bod everytime you just filled another?

S

SyKo of GL

It would be far easier for you to simply put 0.1 smithing and tailoring on every of your (other) chars and get an additionally bod (or better 6 of them) every hour.
Besides that .... Have you recognized, that you (now) can get a new bod everytime you just filled another?
yes i know that, but i dont want to fill all of those bad bods from the untrained chars for the rest of my UO life, just to trade in on my legendary smith. Instead i would rather train 6 legendary smiths once and have them useful for a long long time.

i just dont know if there are bods that are needed that you have a better chance of getting at a lower level =)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know that feeling, which is why I'm settling for 5 120 smiths & 4 120 Tailors (plus a carpenter with 70s in each). I ALREADY have too many low-level BODs to fill, to do the 0.1 route and expect to play any amount of time on my non-crafters.