Boarding groups

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

Little Sadie

Test has boarding groups now. You can click on other toons in an HQ and makes yourselves into a group. Only your group will be allowed to board together. No other toon can sneak in unless invited. Now I see good and bad in this. It will certainly eliminate the shuffling going on. All friends can stay in river and guarantee only their group boards together. The bad news is for the little toons that no one wants to go with. Now all the HWs, RBs, BWs, and BCs can click on each other to form a group leaving out the small suits. I think this is going to be the way it goes and I really feel bad for those small toons being left out over and over again.

Today while trying to do a CFO, all the RBs tried their best to boot out a little suit so only they could board. After 5 minutes of manuevering, they mananged to do just that. The little suit just stood there deprived of having a first and most likely easy first peek at the CFO. I felt bad for him. This isn't just about the small toons out there now but also about our own future small toons we will most likely once again build.

I think it would be great to have this for mints, DAs, and factories though. It would end the neverending shuffle of gagless wonders trying to sneak in with toons that actually carry gags. Sounds like the boarding groups will be able to be used for these too.

What does everyone else think?

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 30, 2008
Missouri
I believe that is unfair. I can understand them doing that. I have 86 laff Super Jellyroll. She not even close to maxing her gags. Some people wont go with that toon. Early this morning I vp with that toon. I saw them big laff people kill that 56 laff toon. I was very mad about it. But then again that toon said You stink to me. So maybe he got what he deserved but then again i dont like killing other people toons.

S

soupandquackers

I love this idea! The ceo is starting to get bad with people with only two or three tracks trying to gag camp in the ceo. Not to mention I have never been in an empty vp lobby in river.

G

Granjell

So how does it work? Does one person act as group leader and pick the rest? Is that what the star indicates? It sounds like a very cool idea to me. While it may be abused by some (as is everything) I think it is a great advance on the elevator shuffling that just annoys everyone. There are some very cool randoms who will include small toons in their group if those small toons are on the ball, and they will offset the jerks who tell all small toons they stink.

Great Idea!!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 12, 2003
Pennsylvania
Yes! I may actually get back into Boss if this comes to main. Unless you are constantly pestered by noobs to join a group. It may come in handy on Stratics runs also. I can see the downside though for small toons going with randoms, that's why they just come with Stratics! Sounds really cool though.

K

Kippy

Like everything on Toontown, some will abuse but when you get ppl like me, let's say we are a group of 4, I start a group (yes the star stands for the group leader) I invite my 3 friends, then I will add 4 random toons, I don't care about laffs or gags, as long as you have gags (usualy i will invite smaller suit who are being shuffled off) Once the group is complete, the ''leader'' clicks on ''group completed'' then your toon and all the members of your group will automaticly board the elevator (no one can get on or off the elevator at this point) the doors will close and the group you have chosen will enter battle.
Pretty easy :) let's just hope that the little ones will be given a chance :D

G

Granjell

Sounds like a cool way to do it - I'm looking forward to it

R

ROSIE T

What happens if someone clicks on you to be in their group but you don't want to? Not just because they are little toons, but if there are toons without gags, or need major tune ups? Do you have the choice to accept or not? I know that when I've been in VP and just because I'm a HW I get asked to be friends a million times and they don't know me, or know anything about how I play, it's the suit that they want to be friends with and I can see this happening with forming groups. Other than that I think it will cut down on the shuffling, although speed chat has helped that also, groups will form and go to another district and go right in the elevator without the shuffling.

K

Kippy

What happens if someone clicks on you to be in their group but you don't want to? Not just because they are little toons, but if there are toons without gags, or need major tune ups? Do you have the choice to accept or not? I know that when I've been in VP and just because I'm a HW I get asked to be friends a million times and they don't know me, or know anything about how I play, it's the suit that they want to be friends with and I can see this happening with forming groups. Other than that I think it will cut down on the shuffling, although speed chat has helped that also, groups will form and go to another district and go right in the elevator without the shuffling.
A square does pop up saying: (name of toon) would like you to join their group. you have the option of saying OK or NO, kinda like a friend's request, if you say OK the box like in the pic will appear on your screen, even after joining a group, you always have the option to ''leave group'' until you board the elevator.

A

alisagrace86

i think this could be beneficial. although as a low laff myself i have been having a ton of problems with other toons letting me live. i was in ttc with a high toon who's task was to help a new toon and he let me go sad. so as long as you have good friends it should work out just fine :)

C

Crazy Fireball

I agree, it will be good with NR Groups, but the small suits will be left out.

A

andy1796

This is just going to make little suits feel sad because they can't get into a V.P. Run or anything like that. I think it is a stupid idea. They can do it on factories and mints, but I don't believe it would be the best idea.

S

Squeaker

I agree with the small suit problem but Wolfie gave me a good idea for that. Just get a few friends together and grab the rest as small toon randoms and have a ball.

It will be great on our runs. Maxing groups can stay together and if we need to take smaller groups - we can make that happen too. Instead of the first elevator filling up no matter how many times someone says "Groups of sticks!"

So, it will be both good and bad. Just like everything in life but there are always ways to make it better. Am I getting too soft?

K

Kippy

I agree with the small suit problem but Wolfie gave me a good idea for that. Just get a few friends together and grab the rest as small toon randoms and have a ball.
answer:
let's say we are a group of 4, I start a group (yes the star stands for the group leader) I invite my 3 friends, then I will add 4 random toons, I don't care about laffs or gags, as long as you have gags (usualy i will invite smaller suit who are being shuffled off)

Am I getting too soft?
I think so :p

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 12, 2003
I will really like this in the CGC, sometimes I get so sick of the small toons shuffeling I just logout.

I do feel for the smaller toons, but I would be likely to help someone out too. I think overall this is a good add.

S

Squeaker

Well, I had to go back and see where I lost my mind on that one. It seems that Wolfie and I had talked about it when it first came out but I didn't post then. Bothered me a bit longer and so I posted, by which time Chanty's reply was back on page one. Phew, thought I was losing it! I probably am but not so much here. Sorry Chanty!

I don't think I will like the groups in CGC much. The small suit shuffle is how I get friends to help me with middle 6's all the time! rolleyes: I will enjoy it immensely everywhere else though, so long as we always leave room for a few littles.

C

Crazy Fireball

So you can do groups, wherever you want, excluding whoever you want.

I Think if the toon community wasnt so stupid, and didnt know when a group of toons stood together, that was a group.

How does this 100% work? I am not understanding the posts above.

S

Stubby

I am not sure if I like that idea. When I take my kitty to CHQ, I am usually able to get on an elevator for the mint, and I have gotten on the elelvator to the big guy, too. When I thank to other players for puttling up with my lack of gags and laff, (compared to thiers), they have always been gracious. Besides, I would rather not play with selfish toons anyways. I would much rather wait or hop districts to play with nicer toons.

By the way, havent made it through a boss round yet in cash!! LOL I will have to bring Melody on Sundays so she can progress! :D