• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BNN]Blackrock Detector To Be Unveiled!

G

After initially losing funding from the Mage's Council in Moonglow, progress on the "blackrock detection machine" resumed late last month with government intervention, and is finally nearing completion. Despite fears of the dangers involved in working with the still-mysterious substance, officials agree on the necessity of knowing where it is. Captain Avery, of the militia, made the following statement:

"After the destruction of Haven, we are taking any activity involving blackrock extremely seriously. After thorough and careful review, the Royal Council has agreed to authorize the completion and use of the blackrock detector to ensure the continued safety of Britannia."

The mage Kronos, Director of Alchemical Studies and the chief mage on the project, was unavailable for comment. His apprentice Dexter assured the BNN that, despite the delays, work on the project is going smoothly and they do not expect any snags.

BNN Link UOHerald Link

Event occurs over two days
Day One: Do not be concerned if you show up and it all goes up in smoke. Just being there sets the stage for your interactions in Day Two.
Bring blackrock
Don't kick Kronos when he's down
Day Two: The experiment is unleashed in full form.
Bring blackrock.
Be prepared to be trapped for a little while
Be prepared to fight
Be prepared to choose your loyalties
Collectable items that seem to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.

More information, including times for the event on each shard, will be announced tomorrow. Stay tuned!

They have been announced!!!

Japan and Oceania

Saturday, 3/29/08, 9PM JST (GMT +9)

Sunday, 3/30/08, 9PM JST (GMT +9)
Yamato
Izumo
Wakoku
Hokuto
Asuka
Mizuho
Sakura
Oceania

* This event is optimized for the 2D experience, please enable your sound option as well

I think this works out to be around 11pm!!! how utterly nuts!!!

F

five oclock

hehehe told you so told you so
hehehehehe

Man Im starting to sound Like Inu now UGH.

Come on Friday and Saturday.

BTW thanks for the heads up! WOOOT this is going to be fun

G

but i wont be here!!! Waaaaaaaaaaa
Someone better take pics and details so i can mope about it while sticking up a story

C

Chameleon

Ermm.. is this US Dates 28th & 29th March?
so it will be saturday and sunday?

G

Would assume so =) I think they are going to post local times later on?

Says to bring blackrock for both days - I only own one piece =P Dunno if I WANT to wreck it, and if I do, whether to wreck it on day 1 or day 2?

Decisions, decisions!

Oh heck, and WHERE have I stashed my ophid rations?

G

Just amended the first post to include something that i missed!!

Also fingers crossed if its still going sun evening our time i might be able to sneak in and hand in some rations! woop!!

G

The Mad Mage: March 28th - March 29th (Dates slightly wrong on Herald)

Blackrock - the world's most valuable ore. Nearly impervious to the fires of forging and magics alike, yet a violent reagent in spells best forgotten - the bane of the Britannian government and its great hope. Entire cities have been wiped off the face of the map, and every rumor, every whisper points to this mysterious substance. It's been known to drive men mad and beasts wild. More than one infirmary houses raving lunatics, with their imaginary voices, and victims of vicious blackrock infected monsters.

At last, one mage believes he's found a way to locate blackrock en masse, with a cunning artifice of machinery and arcane power. Even when his own fellows abandoned him and his work, Kronos found unexpected support in the government, eager to fund his work. He's worked his entire life just for a moment like this, and Moonglow will be forever remembered as the place where his legacy was born. His machine, aided by an ancient artifact and a sample of blackrock, will at last prove his theories... he knows it will.

But more eyes are on this project than even the government knows. Beyond the benign alchemical research lies a darker power. Friendships will be tested, loyalties questioned, and a future forged by the actions of those who come and bear witness to this "Mad Mage."

G

<blockquote><hr>

Collectable items that seem to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two for two. I'm getting good at this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The event schedule is posted!

[/ QUOTE ]

*edits out big long redundant info*

Ah, well, for me personally early morning events were better than late night ones =( Looks like I'll miss at least tonights, dunno about tomorrow nights - 10:30 is just too late for me =)

S

siyeng0

<blockquote><hr>

Ah, well, for me personally early morning events were better than late night ones =( Looks like I'll miss at least tonights, dunno about tomorrow nights - 10:30 is just too late for me =)

[/ QUOTE ]

D: *air hugs* It's okay, if there'll be fighting, I'll send you my character's severed limbs as a keepsake! And you might be able to take part tomorrow, or they're saying stuff will happen over the next few weeks... you still have a chance! Don't give up! *heroic music plays*

On that note, you're saying it's 10:30pm, but the schedule is saying it's 9:00pm... is South Australia shifted an hour and a half from Sydney by the timezone? I've never been able to remember all the time-zones. Or is it 10:30 for all of us?

G

=D *air hugs* Thankyou! Severed limbs can always help decorate my dungeon when I make it

It's 9PM JST which I think is Japan time? When I went to timezone website, I put in Tokyo and Adelaide, and it told me 10:30PM Adelaide time =) So I'm assuming that's 10PM AEST? Dunno, I get confused too =P

Oh, and sorry Katlene, didn't mean to post info you were going to - I thought you were away for the weekend! =D I'll edit my post now, so it doesnt take up so much room

*edits* I actually thought Adelaide was GMT +9:30 so would only be a half hour later here than there, but it doesn't seem to have worked out that way :/

I just checked another site, and it says that right now in Tokyo it's 8:12AM, and for me right now in Adelaide is 9:42AM - must be daylight savings differences?

F

five oclock

ROFL...

Good song LoL!

I was thinking more on the looking for brains :p but still LoL!

G

I went and "nosied" a little on a couple other shards, just cos I'm not sure yet if I'll be there tonight, and I'd suggest making sure you have plenty of insurnace money, and come all equiipped for fighting =)

Heh - I stupidly went to Atlantic, cos I wanted to see what a really REALLY busy event was like - STOOOPID! LOL! 28k dialup and over 500 people on screen? Bad idea!
LOL!

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK guys, I'm confused... has phase two happened for us yet? If not, what time is it goin down?

G

Oh, I just replied on your thread in Uhall - in about 7.5 hours =)

F

five oclock

I do hope everyone has ALOT of insurance money and room in the closet for robes. If you group up and have a couple people rezing that would be great.

G

Wow that was nuts when it started! I could move *literally* only 5 steps in the first 15 minutes. I said something and it didn't show up on screen for 6 minutes! But seemed like after that, everyone musta killed enough nasties, and I could move finally! =D

Thanks to everyone for the many, many resses! And Katlene, thanks for the shield =D

Is there any theories as to what we *should* be killing? I was avoiding hitting the fallen warriors at all, cos they weren't instigating any attacks against me at all, they would just float on by me - but I don't know if they were "good guys" or "bad guys"

How are we supposed to choose sides? "Be prepared to choose your loyalties" Loyalties to what? Whom?

Ah, 'twas fun! =D Itching to go back today and see what's going on =D

G

Ooh, just seen this post from Draconi:

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As this whole thing just started, I'm sure eveyone has questions. Here are a few of mine. Thanks in advance for any answers anyone can provide. Also big problem with the insurance bug. A freshly insured Berserker Scythe stayed on my corpse after I was killed. I had plenty of gold in the bank in non-check form, along with another mil in checks, yet it stayed on the corpse.

Questions:

1. What is up with the "you suddenly feel you have the strength of 2 men"?

2. Has anyone gotten any arties aside from Planesword &amp; Planeshield?

3. Has anyone seen any Mystic weapons drop on any corpses?

4. What's up with the totally insane lag? I didn't lag this much even at the beginning of Magincia.

5. I notice that the area we're fighting in has the dynamic objects. Is there going to be rubble?

6. Why is there no area where we can rez without being rezkilled over and over? The creatures spawn everywhere, including right at the entrance gate.

7. What happens if you lose the piece of blackrock you had with you on the first day? Is it the blackrock that's marked or it the character that's marked, or even possibly the account?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there will be more.

Again, thanks for any answers anyone can provide.

[/ QUOTE ]
Some quick answers:
1. Those who were there on day one receive a heal buff while remaining inside the timerift. This is not the only effect, and your continued presence in the rift will no doubt bring you even more benefits...

2. Good question!

3. Hmm, maybe Berserkers?

4. Hundreds of people on the same screen at once

5. Nope

6. I'm sure a solution will present itself in due course

7. Character. More things will reveal themselves in the timerift over the coming weeks. Think Magincia.

8. Q: Loyalties? A: Some have already chosen, more will be given a choice directly, and most can simply align themselves to the cause they feel is their own.

9. Q: Blackrock usefulness in the timerift? A: Try casting armageddon, spellcaster or no, in front of a Shadowlord.

10. Q: Are the Shadowlords really back? A: Astaroth, Nosfentor, Faulinei: Yes.

11. Q: Wait, aren't we killing them in the timerift? A: Not the true forms of the ones that have been freed in Britannia. These are echoes lost in the ethereal void.

12. Q: What happened to Kronos? A: Murdered by Astaroth.

13. Q: What happened to Melissa, why did they fail to protect the gate? A: ...

14. Q: Can we join the Shadowlords faction? A: ... your choice.

Oh, and the ethereal forms of the shadowlords have now reigned in the berserkers - they'll now fight together, and slowly the forces of darkness in the timerift will grow immune to the attacks of the berserkers until they all work as one.

[/ QUOTE ]

S

StarlaUO

It was great fun last night. Oceania was never so crowded. Just want to thank everyone for the nice team work and all the ressing and healing. Was real funny when I got myself killed when I activate my trapped box to break para.

G

It was really great, and i didnt see any of the bugger off this is my kill crap everyone was working together.
One thing i have to stress, mostly to someone called goldie... If you are dead DONT RUN AWAY FROM PEOPLE TRYING TO RES YOU, if you want a res stay still near the person trying to do it!!! I got sick of risking myself chasing this said goldie person last night so i let someone else worry.
I cant wait to get back in there tomorrow (reached our quota on the net so am capped today hence so story yet plus i gotta get some info of everyone about saturday!)
I got very lucky last night, i got a black &amp; white dark wisp chest, 3x shields 2 which i gave to a couple of spesh gals :p 1 sword and a cloak of corruption just need to get a few of these threads now n ill be happy hehe. Although im still utterly lost in what we are meant to be doing etc, ive read heaps but im still unsure...maybe ill just blame this killer flu i have hehe

Good luck everyone and keep up the awesome teamwork!

G

More Q&amp;A from Draconi (for anyone that doesn't read Uhall =))

<blockquote><hr>

15. Why no Bersekrers on LS? Are we doing something wrong? Did you all forget to flip the switch? Does it matter?

16. You say the Shadowlords are "loose?" That doesn't sound good. Have we known this since the Candle of Love event? Or is this a new revelation, perhaps the result of that idiot Kronos blowing a hole in the fabric of reality?

17. How's the whole marriage thing so far? (That was you, wasn't it? I forget things sometimes.)

18. People are speculating that attacking the fallen warriors is an "evil" act and that in doing so we have chosen a loyalty. Is this right? If so, why are they attacking us first and why do we not lose Karma?

19. How about providing us soon with a sage NPC that puts things in some context or explains things at least partly? Someone we can like and trust (so not anyone involved with the Blackrock detector project).

15. They should be spawning now

16. New revelation. They're physically *here* now, thank you Kronos
17. Pwned!
18. They're fallen, they serve the Shadowlords
19. Ah, yes, let's do that soon
20. Cloaks: They should be a lot calmer now in the real world.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Hole in the ground ! moonglow what next
remembering Magincia still looks like a rubbish tip!

L

LordGoldie

Sorry Katlene I was lagged some of the time, the rest was because I play a lone pally and am not used to generous acts by others so rush off to find a wandering healer. Dumb I know but thats me. I have been in-game for over 10 years but dont have the time to commit to a guild so generally play on my own.
Thanks for your healing attempts and I will try to stay still next time.

Goldie (no longer Lord, died numerous times in the Rift)

G

Oh, if you're the Goldie that chased after me and ressed me as I was runing tot he healers yesterday - thanks a real lot! =D

I've actually been really loving how we don't have a lack of healers in alternate Moonglow - everyone seems more than happy to chase down and res others =) I think I've been doing almost as much of that as fighting - whcih suits me well, am actually thinking of making myself a "cleric" type character, to use just for events like these =D

Being able to actually help out is nice (cos my "1337" fighting skillz really aren't =P)

G

ive been loving gift of life at this event. good fun!!
btw can anyone and everyone that went to saturday nights event please pm or icq me with a story or details with what happened.

G

Saturday night? That was the first night?

We all went, Kronos started machine, it fizzled, he said come back tomorrow. Honestly that was it, it was like 4 minutes. Pretty much just happened to set up for the following night =)

G

Yes and i need all the crappy minute details so i can lead it into the story for sundays