• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blue Beetle.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anybody tell me how much Taming and Lore i'd need to control a fully trained lvl 5 Blue beetle?
Thanks.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So reading that i'm thinking its saying 108 Taming............and GM Lore?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd take lore up to at least 108 as well. One of my tamers has 112 taming and 116 lore, and still has occasional control issues - significantly more than my 116 taming/120 lore tamer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So reading that i'm thinking its saying 108 Taming............and GM Lore?
Get both to 110 and feed them when they need it. Everybody here thinks you need to be 120. You just need to pay attention and Lore the pet while fighting.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id go minimum 110/110 real... and eat 120, and put +10 on jewelery...is what I do on my tamers...
My base setup is 120 vet, 110 tame / lore (scrolled and jeweled up to 120), 100 mage and eval (scrolled to 110 + jeweled up) 100 sw 80 resist (scrolled to 110 and jeweled up + 10 resist on scrapper) On jewelry I can fit in 2/6 with scrapper and some extra str.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With my jewelry, talisman, armor and spellbook I ended up with (real in parentheses)

116 working toward 120 Taming (originally was 102 real, now 111 real working toward 115, having swapped out taming jewelry for vet after finding a nice legendary piece)
120 Lore (100 real)
120 vet (105 real - was originally 120 real)
106 Magery (61 real)
120 Music (110 real plus song woven mantle)
120 Disco (105 real)
120 Provo (all real)
And, 15 wrestling that was unfortunately taking up a slot on the legendary jewelry (makes difficult tames more difficult)