• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Blood Moons..

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ate one evening, there was a knock at the door of the Veritian Apothecary. Alas, Queen Arya had arrived with the vine samples she had collected in Jhelom. Verity greeted the Governor at the door and quickly welcomed her in, as time was surely running out..

Verity inspected the vines, and took vivid notes..

" the vines appearing in a glowing nature, feel somewhat slimy to the touch.. thick thorns
spiral up each stalk getting sharper towards the tip of the new growth... "

" small creatures around the vines, seem to have unusual behavior.. not harmed in anyway.. they seem to be stuck in some sort of a trance.. a hypnosis.. a spell..!"

Queen Arya bolted into town, alerting Verity immediately, since Daphnie had been out to sea..

" Verity! You must come at once! The growth has spread! Quickly! " , she shouted towards her as she opened a portal to another side of the island..

They arrived at the telescope, just one of Moonglow's oddities around the island.

" A book! " gasped Queen Arya, as they both took a moment to read its fragile pages..

Just as they finished reading, the moon rose and the sun set, and the message Selcius had been trying to get across came fiercly to light..

Daphnie sailed out to sea in search of Strychnos, the dread captain of the isle. Verity, and the other girls of the Apothecary had gotten it set into her head, that maybe the vines were growing inland because there was something wrong with the sea.

One of Verity's sisters who also tended to the Apothecary was Elizabeth, and though she was mute, her passion was reading- and she had studied every ancient book she could at the Lyceum trying to find out more information for Verity about the rare occurrences and why the Time Lord has wove his way into this mess.. Ver'LeSaul was her mentor at the Lyceum as he had ties with the ancient monks and scholars that had established the libraries.

Just as Daphnie came across a pristine vessel, she could faintly make out Strychnos' figure on deck.

" Ahoy! ", she shouted from a distance, but he could not make out her words as he seemed preoccupied. She sailed closer, a smell started
to pollute the air around her.. A familiar smell, she had smelled this before- but where?

" Gross! Ayuck! ", she shreiked as she boarded Strychnos' ship.

" Governor! Come see at once! ", he alarmingly responded.

" I was just coming in search of you with more word from Queen Arya, Governor of Jhelom. I had feared this would happen..", Daphnie said, as she sighed..

Last edited:

Strychn0s

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Earlier this mornin' I were off the east coast o' the island fishin' up yellowtails for a stew me lads've been on about. As I were pullin' me nets up I noticed a bubblin' from the deep. From below A sea serpent came up thrashing like I have ne'r seen before!!

After me and me lads put down the beast, I got to guttin 'im, all the while mutterin' to meself about what a fight the beast put up. I got to the intestines and I realized this monster were full of the vines that have been a blight on me island as of late. I be no expert on plants and their like but this vine as they been callin' it looked to be a lot like seaweed. If 'er be one thing I am, it be an expert on seaweed. Woven into this weed there also were a key.

I noticed on the side of the key were etched coordinates, I knew I be needin' to scribble down me findins' and get 'em to the Governor as quick as me sails would allow. There were a storm brewin' in the west after all, and I couldn't afford to be blown futher out to sea as it were..

After handin' over me journal to Daphnie I gathered me men and got to dry docking The Zephyr for the storm. The anxiety will be high I'm sure in the days to come, but as soon as the skies clear and we get a favorable wind, me and the lads will set sail to unravel this mystery, as to set right what be wrong with our dear Verity Isle..

Lady Tabitha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's been a long time since traveling through the streets of Moonglow, Tabitha looked about, remembering the times shared her so many moons ago. At one time, it has been bustling with people running from the stables to the bank to the shoreline. All different calibers of people called Moonglow their town, politicians, tradesmen, miners, fisherman, and of course, what the town was known for.. Mages. She was proud to call herself a mage, as well as claiming Moonglow her home once more. As she walked around the bank, she met two old friends, Strych and Daphnie, the newly elected Governor.

As she approached them, she could see they were in deep conversation. Both wore a look of grave concern, masking it quickly upon seeing her, hugging and exchanging the pleasantries one does when much time has passed. Tabitha glanced from Strych to Daphnie, noting something was quite off. “Daphnie, How are things here in Moonglow? Daphnie looked at Strych and he nods as if to coax her to continue. “Come with us, Tabitha, we’ll show you first hand.” She opened her runebook and recited the words “Kal Ort Por” hurrying into the blue orb. She found herself standing in front of a tavern bearing the name “Boneshakers”. As they approached the water’s bank, she smelled an awful stench. It smelled of a mix of fish and gardenia on a summer’s day, though from the looks of the water, there was a storm brewing. The waves tossed the seaweed about and the stench became more repulsive as it neared the shore. Daphnie repeated the “spell” opening a portal to another location.

As Tabitha crossed through the blue portal, she found herself standing in front of Strych’s own Fish Shack. With her hand shielding her face, she looked out past the shoreline, a shadow appeared just below the surface then quickly disappeared. Gasping, she cried out to Daphnie and Strych, pointing to where it has disappeared. “I saw something there! It was not like anything I’ve seen before! It was…. “ She searched for the words that would truly describe the form it took, but there were none. The wind strengthened and the waves over lapped the shore, spilling the seaweed onto the banks. Strych cautioned them to move into the fishing shack and they quickly exited into the blue portal in hopes of finding some answers at the Veretian Apothecary.

As we stepped out of the portal, a scene we were unprepared for was set in motion. The Apothecary loomed behind us, beckoning us to its safe haven, as the waters swirled and opened to create whirlpools. Seaweed, dead fish, parts of ships whirled in a circular motion. It only took a few seconds to take in the scenario and realize that it best to get the Governor out of harm’s way. Strych and Tabitha took Daphnie by each arm and guided her into safety, in hopes Verity might shed some light on today’s happenings.

Last edited:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ohhhs noes bad ting ina waters. meee guuna go look seeds

PROLLY ORK PHISH OR ZOMBIE EEL.

Last edited: