• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

blizzard allison has struck the midwest

• Thread starter kalzaketh
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
K

kalzaketh

:danceb: to myself, tis ajoke allround, being physically impaired I get to sit inside out of galeforce winds and driven snow guess I'll just get fat while others freeze and sweat out working to move snow.:p

S

Salya Sin

I would have LOVED to have gotten the snow we were supposed to. Some of Kansas got hit... but the south didn't. We got a little rain... two snow flakes... and umm... it's sunshine now.

Prop your feet up and enjoy the warmth. I wish I could just stay inside for the rest of winter!

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have LOVED to have gotten the snow we were supposed to. Some of Kansas got hit... but the south didn't. We got a little rain... two snow flakes... and umm... it's sunshine now.

Prop your feet up and enjoy the warmth. I wish I could just stay inside for the rest of winter!
We haven't received much snow from this storm either. Most of it stayed up in the mountains (where it belongs!).

However, it was -7 when I came into work this morning, high today is supposed to be a balmy +8 .
:danceb::danceb:

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just dug 3 foot of solid snow off my huge driveway here in western Iowa. We have 6 foot snow drifts in my yard...... took 3 hours to dig out geesh....now off to do my mothers driveway, good thing she has a snow blower.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hawaii forecast:
"Clear skies with unlimited ceiling call for dropped temperatures overnight - ranging from the high 50s to mid 60s - so bring out those thick quilts and space heaters. Expect the surf on the north shores of Oahu, Maui and Kauai to keep pumping those 30+ walls of water, making it excellent but dangerous for surfers. Those living on the northern shores better make sure they have sandbags handy as some areas are being evacuated as we speak."

F

five oclock

Hawaii forecast:
"Clear skies with unlimited ceiling call for dropped temperatures overnight - ranging from the high 50s to mid 60s - so bring out those thick quilts and space heaters. Expect the surf on the north shores of Oahu, Maui and Kauai to keep pumping those 30+ walls of water, making it excellent but dangerous for surfers. Those living on the northern shores better make sure they have sandbags handy as some areas are being evacuated as we speak."
hrm...are there any good jobs there? :D and homes?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Kelek - nerrrp! Lived in the Poconos for far too long to trade up my home for that cold. :p
@ five - what is "good"? My home (2BR frame on just about 3ksqft) is abot 485K... resulting in steeeeep mortgage payments. My job... is "okey" - I love my career.. just not the circumstance with which I work. :-\

Just come here and spend your vacation money on us, then leave... :p

F

five oclock

Just come here and spend your vacation money on us, then leave... :p[/QUOTE]

LoL..U sound like me. I live in Vegas. I feel the same way. LoL. Come here, spend money, have a good time, then go home :D

btw I meant the weather :p Im hopping it don't snow here like it did last year. burr UGH.

K

kalzaketh

kirth, my dear no disrespect, I hope you get back to ny one winter, I think your hawaian hide would freeze and break, btw while passing over midwest,I hope you have to layover ingreenbay decent town just not my cup of tea it's only ahalfhour north of us here but now that the blizzard hit might be 2 hours away. :)

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just come here and spend your vacation money on us, then leave... :p

LoL..U sound like me. I live in Vegas. I feel the same way. LoL. Come here, spend money, have a good time, then go home :D

btw I meant the weather :p Im hopping it don't snow here like it did last year. burr UGH.
LoL

I've spent plenty of time and money in your city ;) We usually go to Vegas at least twice a year. Every year for Superbowl Weekend (the last 16 years now) and at least once in the summer. Friends always want to know why we'd go to Vegas in the Summer, this year we were there in September for a milestone Birthday for my wife.

I keep telling my wife that we need to do other things on our vacation, but she prefers Vegas. Haven't been to Hawaii in a looong time, I think it was before my wife discovered slot machines ;)

F

five oclock

slot machines...all you can eat buffets...and all you can drink as long as you are playing a table/machine... Whats not to love? :D I can say more, but that would probally get me banned from stratics..

Ya know..what goes on in Vegas..stays in Vegas...Unless U are famous.... :D

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
kirth, my dear no disrespect, I hope you get back to ny one winter, I think your hawaian hide would freeze and break, btw while passing over midwest,I hope you have to layover ingreenbay decent town just not my cup of tea it's only ahalfhour north of us here but now that the blizzard hit might be 2 hours away. :)
Not offended at all. :p

Live in CT and Massachusetts (sp?) for a few years, then 9-11 happened and that is what sent me home. Had enuf of the winters.. the snow... and the crazies wanting to bomb everything.

My sis in in Idaho (Idunno Why) and I know she's freezing her tail off. She keeps telling me to go visit... HAHAHAHAHHA!!! Dun think so!

My eldest sons is @ Ft. Gordon, GA... he told me they got flurries.
My younger son is in Allentown, PA - he's begging to come home after digging out his neighbor's car...

@ five - did you know that we (meaning people in Hawaii) consider Vegas to be the long lost 9th Hawaiian Island? More of my classmates live there than here! How silly is that? :p Is where a lot of people from Hawaii go to vacation.

Weather for Hawaii today...
Chilly morning at 59 went to the lower 80's in the mid afternoon. B-E-Utiful skies with surf still pounding our northern shores. Surf's up brah! I going!

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we almost got snow two years in a row down here in south louisiana. at least im speaking for myself. about 10 miles up the road they got about 4 inches and all i got was teased with a few flurries!

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My very good friend lives in Mamou LA, he sent me pics of the 2 inches or so they got there week or so ago hehe.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, just got a package from him, with cajun foods. One item being a bag of boiled crawfish flavored beef jerkey hehe.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe supposed to be real good, very hot and spicey LOL. I will try it tomorrow maybe

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmmm if you like the cajun food i may be able to sell some to you for a few mil hehe wont even have to purchase a cross shard token. mamou is probably only about 30 - 45 minutes from me

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love cajun foods lol, just kinda wondering about this cajun boiled crawfish flavored jerkey..