• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

blackrock??

B

bmccoy102

Ok so I am new to uo. I have a GM miner and noticed yesterday that I mined a small piece of blackrock. Can anyone please fill me in on what blackrock is used for and mined from. Thx

T

T_Amon_from_work

Ok so I am new to uo. I have a GM miner and noticed yesterday that I mined a small piece of blackrock. Can anyone please fill me in on what blackrock is used for and mined from. Thx
Don't carry it around on you .. it can cause infection making some animals attack you.

It's use is for the Armageddon spell and is very effective for those fighting the Shadowlords. Put it in the bankbox or a secure in your house. One of those gift boxes is bes as then you can see them easily.

On Lake Austin, I can sell them for 40-50K per small piece, so check your shard forum for going prices. And I know I low-ball on my prices!

BTW, my miner was attacked by a BR-infected cow one day ... that sort of made me VERY aware of counting my pack each time I finish a run. He's a super-mule, no weapon skills whatever.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Or do carry blackrock around with you and hinds will drop gold along with the leather :)
<swivels head around like an owl>

What's that? Carry BR and gold drops from hinds? You jerking my leg on this? never heard that one.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, anything you infect will drop more than what it usually does. Hinds, dogs,cats, bulls, cows, rabbits. You name it that doesn't normally drop gold and the blackrock version will along with it's normal hides. Paragons are the same way.

Ori

H

Hunters Moon

<swivels head around like an owl>

What's that? Carry BR and gold drops from hinds? You jerking my leg on this? never heard that one.
Same gold drop as you would expect from a lizardman of 40-60 gold.

Edit: carry a piece with you and go to the Farms in Jhelom. You'll see. The animals have to get infected 1st though

H

Hunters Moon

Aye, anything you infect will drop more than what it usually does. Hinds, dogs,cats, bulls, cows, rabbits. You name it that doesn't normally drop gold and the blackrock version will along with it's normal hides. Paragons are the same way.

Ori
Haha could you imagine a blackrock infected paragon greater dragon? :eek: "Run a-OOoOooOOOoo"

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be interesting to provoke such a beast onto a paragon blackrock elemental. :D

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blackrock is Good Stuff to carry :thumbup1: it has a small chance of infection on all monsters and animals in tram and fel It will not infect things in illishar or malas i am not positive about the makuto-jima lands since i rarely play in them not to my likeing but i think it wont work there also so sorry but infected paragons not gona happen anytime soon. The blackrock has many uses my personal favorite is the infection of monsters but theres also the ability to cast armageddon spell which unless you are fighting shadow lords in the rift, is not going to be of much benifit unless like me you want to infect yourself!!!:drool:
In order to infect oneself you must have either Ledgendary (120) necromancy or magery first the skills can be jeweled to 120 don't need actual skill to do it. Then you must place a piece of blackrock on the ground does not work if its in bag or pack sorry but i have cast it 100+ times now and it only works when its put on ground and you are standing on it or walk onto it when you say the words of power (Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym) this will attempt to cast arrmageddon if you lack the skill required it will tell you that you feel uneasy. Many affects can happen when you try to cast armagedon my fav is getting infected but theres a few other neet things that can happen so give it a shot have fun with it and expect to get blown up now and then.!! i suggest haveing a few chunks of rock to play arround with it took my mage 30+ try's to infect herself yet my tamer got infected in first 5 try's so its random. If you wish to infect yourself and are successful you will then be able to infect things with your presense alone no need to carry rock now but if you want to infect more often then carry a rock also doubles chance's. Infection is irreversible so once you become infected its permanent!!! BTW i know my spelling is bad but i don't much care so try and deal with it!!

A

Azureal

Is an infected creature changed in anyway apart from the name? Are the infected creatures skills increased at all? If theres an increase in skill which is also associated with an increase in what they drop, I'll start carrying pieces on my bard :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The most important use currently is that you can damage Dark Wisps with weapons through their force fields, if you have blackrock in your pack.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Lake Austin, I can sell them for 40-50K per small piece, so check your shard forum for going prices. And I know I low-ball on my prices!

On the overinflated shard of Napa Valley ive seen blackrock selling for 125k to 200k a piece. Its a necessity when needed and its all about supply and demand. The more people know of its usefulness the more important it is. With the shadowlords loose in Britania it may be usefull against them!?!?