• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackrock Infected Fire Beetle

• Thread starter NguoiBaoChe
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

NguoiBaoChe

I was mining near Luna (Pacific) with my trusty bonded fire beetle. I "spawned" a blackrock elemental and so ran like crazy, leaving my fire beetle to fend for himself. Soooo . . . my fire beetle caught up to me, only instead of the usual orange color, he was a dark grey. I figured it would attack me (as do most infected animals) but he did not. He remains bonded to me, I can use him to smelt ore, but I can no longer ride him. I tried a few cure spells but am told that I can't cure something that is already dead. His health bar is red, but his name comes up yellow. I can still give him some commands, like stay, follow and such, but not protect or kill. Maybe this is old news to most of you , but its new to me and I haven't found any threads that mention a similar occurence. Any thoughts, ideas? Will it eventually die? ???

N

nimzo

About once a week I get my fire bug killed by Mr Blackrock Ele. I just rez my per once I get away from him, and the pet is back to normal. Have you tried having him rezed?

N

NguoiBaoChe

No I havent tried that yet, but was thinking of it . . .thx for the info!!!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, that really made me laugh. The little things you don't know when you are new.

Welcome to UO. Stay awhile. It's a great game.

R

Redrum1

Just a side note, if you don't want to take the time at the moment to get your pet rezed, you can still smelt ore on him when he is dead. Just thought it might come in handy!