• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bigger damage fonts

• Thread starter PowerFullPete
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

PowerFullPete

Is there a mod for making the damage numbers bigger? I thought there is one once in KR but can't seem to find one for EC. Thnx.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find them good how they are, but to my taste the chat and character name font is way too big. Anyway, I think this should be customizable.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too could use bigger bolder damage ticks. i could also use them appearing above what im hitting.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I too could use bigger bolder damage ticks. i could also use them appearing above what im hitting.
bigger and also be able to color code them I can never tell between me and my pets who is doing what!

P

PowerFullPete

A way to change the colour would be cool too! and the numbers seem to fade out too fast for me to see the damage in all the fighting.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find them good how they are, but to my taste the chat and character name font is way too big. Anyway, I think this should be customizable.
There are mods for changing the font of the overhead chat and character name fonts.

"Font Selection - Name Window" and "Font Selection - Overhead Chat"
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging

I could make one for damage fonts too (once I have time), but your font selections will be limited to fonts already available in the client.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would like this to especially when testing things it can be very hard to read!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm fine with the way things are, but I know that at least one of my guildmates will love you for that.

On a marginally related note: Can someone explain me, why damage font is sometimes red and sometimes blue? It seems to turn blue as soon as you get over a certain number (40?) but why? On is it always the same number? And if not, what does it depend on?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmm you know I have never thought much about that ! I wonder if its when a crit happens?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Seems to be based on either a crit, OR the amount of damage (lower amounts in red, higher in blue)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright - finally got a few minutes to code and test the mod.

http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging
Font Selection - Damage Numbers

Like I said before, your font selections are limited to fonts already available in the client.

edit::
You'll need version 1.2 of the CustomSettingsWindow mod to get all the fonts available in the client (Skin authors should update their skins to include the latest version).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Awesome Gildar I will try this out later (kinda running low on time with the new forum, test center,playing and of course rl)