1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

BIG THANKS TO MESANNA, SHE SAVED MY HOUSE

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Finley Grant, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finley Grant

Finley Grant Babbling Loonie
    Campaign Supporter

Hello folks,

i would like to thank Mesanna very much that she gave me back my Keep which obviousely got into the "Clops" things by accident and was counted as one of his houses. therefore she took it away from me for investigation.

some guys and i had a very nice and friendly talk with Mesanna after i explained what happend and she gave it back to me.

so:

@Mesanna
    (and bc i know you dont read here much) @Kyronix @Bleak

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

greetings from Bavaria

Finley Grant

2. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I am pleased you were able to get your place back, that black hole of Clops is strong stuff.

Thanks @Mesanna for taking the time to sort this out for Finley.

Lord Nabin and Finley Grant like this.
  3. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

You're thanking Mesanna for her mistake?

:coco:

4. Restroom Cowboy

Stratics Veteran

Well, I can only discuss carebears, rainbows, and the likes...you know, happy happy stuff.

So again, congrats Finley!

5. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I am going to have to agree with OREOGL here, you shouldn't be thanking them for making a mistake and then fixing it. Did anyone at least apologize for the mix up?

6. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah Mesanna, thanks for correcting a mistake that you made in the job that you're paid to do. o_O

Regardless Im glad the OP got back what was rightfully his.

7. Finley Grant

Campaign Supporter

I don't thank for a misstake. I thank for apologizing and giving me Back.

Could have ended worse. Obviousely the misstake happend when Clops told her which Houses He own or so.

In the end at least Clops is admitting what He did and trying to help the Investigation and I also got refunded my lost auction safes. Nevertheless He nearly costet me 10-20 plat... in the end it His actions costet me 2 plat in the now illegal glacial items.

8. ShriNayne

ShriNayne Seasoned Veteran

Well its good you got the apology and your property returned before everything was deleted...all's well that ends well I guess! :eek:

9. Ancient Sosarian

Ancient Sosarian Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Acting during an Investigation & reversing action following Investigation is No Mistake. Mesanna has a Huge Plate Full of UO Stuff on it. She deserves the Thanks of everyone who Plays UO.

10. Restroom Cowboy

Stratics Veteran

I don't think Mesanna deserves any crap. She made some good ass lemonade out of all these sour grapes lemons.

@The Craftsman, if it weren't for Mesanna, I don't believe we would be here having this conversation because the game would no longer be in existence.

Dizzy, Fridgster, Lord Nabin and 3 others like this.
  11. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Pure supposition

12. Finley Grant

Campaign Supporter

Guys can you bash each other somewhere Else?

cdavbar likes this.
  13. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Pipe down. We are having a discussion. This is a discussion forum and this thread hasnt particularly gone off topic. Theres no bashing going on, we are quite capable of having a debate without your refereeing..

14. Restroom Cowboy

Stratics Veteran

All I see here is a healthy discussion with opposing viewpoints, no infighting here. *hugs craftsman* ...see? Move along...there is nothing to see here.

15. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Woah cowboy! :blushing:

Restroom Cowboy likes this.
  16. Restroom Cowboy

Stratics Veteran

I didn't cup your waist and I am only slightly excited. All good there sir! *moves away so finley doesn't get any ideas*

17. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

I hope that was your sidearm I could feel.

18. Restroom Cowboy

Stratics Veteran

*casts invisibility and goes silent*

19. Finley Grant

Campaign Supporter

Well then make a new Post for your discussion

20. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can only speak for me, but I would have sent her an email thanking her, instead of creating a big tub of drama to sit in.

Pawain and The Craftsman like this.
  21. Restroom Cowboy

Stratics Veteran

it looks better to others when a person does things publicly in front of a crowd, but I do agree with you here (regarding it being dramatic)...

#21 Restroom Cowboy, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
  22. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Governor Supporter Campaign Patron UWF

In light of recent events and drama elsewhere, there is nothing wrong with thanking one of the developers and spreading a little good will on these forums.

23. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Mesanna deserves credit where it's due... this would be one of those places.

So would her seizing those houses from a former trusted employee and removing content that was a slap in the face to the one good thing left in this game.

I hope she continues to do these things.

There are few in this game as devoted as she is and while I do not agree with her all the time... (And I seriously hope she reconsiders the powerscroll non-sense bad enough that I even have to bother with fel in the first place)... I admire her loyalty and caring... how she helps people with the disaster that she was left with ...... especially the Account MisManagement site and stuck forced to deal with the morons who run the Origin store who apparently know NOTHING about UO I applaud her. Personally assisting players with the I'm sure hundreds of requests she gets all the time... Without her I highly doubt we'd have UO anymore.

Love of UO is something both of us have in common... Though of late I've become increasingly frustrated with it. I've loved this game from the day I first started which I can say was Early 2001... I bought UO:R off a shelf in Walmart.

24. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Glad to know you got an apology. cheers

OREOGL likes this.
  25. UNKNOWN of Atlantic

UNKNOWN of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well I'm sure Mesanna Was in a hurry to lock down all possible owned houses So Friends of clops could not raid his houses they may have had accesses to! And Jeez She is Only human Is she not entitled to make a few mistakes ... I mean if you make a mistake & mess something up in your house, Who is the one you email to get it fixed? Mesanna is basically a one woman Customer support system! I'm amazed she hasn't pulled her hair out yet with the thousands of kids she has to baby sit everyday!

Cymidei likes this.
  26. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

Mesanna should be thanking us regularly for keeping her employed, not the other way around.

grimiz, petemage and The Craftsman like this.
  27. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie

You don't go in for an oil change and then thank them when they forgot to put the oil back in.

For the mistake she should have given him a free month of playtime.

The Craftsman likes this.
  28. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

If I make mistakes at my job ..... people can die. I try not to ever do that.

Lord Nabin likes this.
  29. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

Is there a thread about this employee Clops and his illegal activity? Been playing wow and only paying to keep my houses from falling here so I suppose I don't deserve to know, but I saw the May newsletter and I like the raffle stone to give away Clops? houses? I don't feel sorry for people who try to cash in selling items they know are not legit, so op you should feel very lucky. I wouldn't have listened to your excuses.

30. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, it's called using the search feature of the forums.

You should really read up on the happenings before passing judgement on the OP and know what you are talking about. OP is not Clop's. Many people were tricked by Clop's and bought illegal items from him (believing they were real items), not just the OP. The OP didn't have any "excuses" to listen to. His house was inadvertently caught up in the crap storm that followed Clop's illicit activities. Now, is the OP shady? We all "could be". But through all my dealings with OP everything has been extremely professional and he has always been a stand-up guy.

If OP was in any way involved in Clop's schemes and scams, the OP would NOT have gotten his house back. He has no reason to feel "lucky". Instead he is probably very happy to be vindicated in this mess that he was a victim of and have his name cleared of any wrong doing.

31. petemage

petemage Lore Keeper

She asked for it by telling players at each opportunity to flood her with emails. And if it wasn't her, someone else would be keeping the lights on.

Pretty naive to think she is the Phalanx of UO while she can't even sort out the issues with Origin or account management. For every player she helps, there is likely 3 who don't see any help.

32. Finley Grant

Campaign Supporter

Well it Looks my simple thank you for "Not screweing with my items ang giving it back" started another discussion.

Furthermore I also got accused in game a few Times being part in some shady stuff to get @Clops from @Mesanna.

Well here again once and for all.

THE KEEP BELONGS TO ME ! NOT TO CLOPS

I owned it before @Mesanna took it away by accident. I don't blame her!

It's true that it in the past belonged to Clops but I bought it EMPTY a few Months Back to make a musuem. ALL ITEMS inside are MINE. Everyone is welcome to get a Tour from me. You wIll NOT find any of those shady items.

If this persons still dont believe ne I suggest to send @Mesanna an e-mail to get this verified!

@Merlin
    Please Lock the Post before it get's more derailed! Thanks

UNKNOWN of Atlantic and cdavbar like this.
  33. The Craftsman

Stratics Veteran

Maybe a PM to Mesanna would have been more appropriate to convey your thanks.

Once you post in a public forum, the public are quite within their rights to voice an opinion.

OREOGL likes this.
  34. petemage

petemage Lore Keeper

Q.E.D. :lol:

The Craftsman likes this.
  35. Archnight

Archnight Legendary Crusader
    Moderator Professional Supporter Kingdom Reborn [2.0]

The purpose of this thread was to thank @Mesanna for getting his Keep back... not to discredit her for doing the right thing or complain about her leadership. Agree or disagree I truly believe in this statement "if it weren't for Mesanna, I don't believe we would be here having this conversation because the game would no longer be in existence" and she shouldn't be to blame for all of the executive decisions especially since she doesn't have the final say on everything

Thanks @Mesanna for resolving this issue in a timely manner, locking thread as per OP request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.