• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Big News this week: The Sims tops 100 million units in sale

• Thread starter imported_Dali Dalinza
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Dali Dalinza

From April 16 news:

"The Maxis-created lifestyle simulator series The Sims has sold over 100 million units since its debut in 2000, publisher Electronic Arts claimed today.

That figure encompasses the whole of The Sims franchise, including The Sims (PC), The Sims 2 (PC), and countless expansion packs along with console and mobile phone versions. The next entry in the series, The Sims 3 on PC, is due out in 2009.

According to the company, 100 million boxes of The Sims were lined up end-to-end would stretch from New York City to Moscow. "

So, maybe the entire Maxis staff is busy celebrating.

I

imported_Shirl1211

Wow, this is good news really. I was a bit worried since we haven't heard from the Dev's lately. I think you may be right on them celebrating lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wow, this is good news really. I was a bit worried since we haven't heard from the Dev's lately. I think you may be right on them celebrating lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, this is definitely good news! People are obviously still hugely interested in The Sims (even if we are forced to call them Avatars LOL), so it would be a shame for the devs to give up on us now!

G

there, thats another reason for the mild lack of communication from the devs ... EA might be celebrating somewhere hehe

G

<blockquote><hr>

there, thats another reason for the mild lack of communication from the devs ... EA might be celebrating somewhere hehe

[/ QUOTE ]
As another poster pointed out - they are all on YouTube doing the parapara dance. Lee is the guy (in the middle) and Pari is one of the girls. I don't know which of the other three are Luc, Igor and the rest, but hey, GREAT MAKEUP!!!

P.S. I dint know we had a dev named "Igor" - but, what the heck.

Unless..... they really *are* down in Tijuana playing Tournament Pong and....

I'm getting a headache.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, this is definitely good news! People are obviously still hugely interested in The Sims (even if we are forced to call them Avatars LOL), so it would be a shame for the devs to give up on us now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait..I PROTEST! If we have to call our little people in Ea Land "avatars" then they have to change the names of all of the other games to "The Avatars" "The Avatars 2" and of course now "The Avatars 3" because its the same thing! Only one is online and the others aren't. Hmmph. I'm a SIM dang it! Who else wants to protest with me?

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

Who else wants to protest with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

For one, Avatar just doesn't flow well.

S

Shyanne1

Of course 100 million units have been sold. It's a great stand-alone game. Have you seen the graphics for Sims 3? It's AWESOME. That's why I can't for the life of me figure out why this game is so stagnant.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait..I PROTEST! If we have to call our little people in Ea Land "avatars" then they have to change the names of all of the other games to "The Avatars" "The Avatars 2" and of course now "The Avatars 3" because its the same thing! Only one is online and the others aren't. Hmmph. I'm a SIM dang it! Who else wants to protest with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you!! I'll only use "avatar" if I'm forced to, heh. We are Sims for life, baby!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Who else wants to protest with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

For one, Avatar just doesn't flow well.

[/ QUOTE ]If I have to be an avatar, then I want to be an earth-bender.

G

Are they only speaking of copies that were registered to all the Sims sites or actual sales of the copies?