• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bewildered!!! Please respond!

S

Sir Stain

Tonight when I logged on with my main character Lord Czar Khan, there was a book in his back pack. It said quote! you have no truth. In you and your behavior it is hard to trust you and worst of all you have hurt the reputations of those close to you. Lies and deceit are for losers. It was signed> someone who examines Now come on. I am not in a guild. I play alone. I am not close to anyone. I do have a very good vendor house. I play on origin, a server with low population. How did the book get in my pack and why????? If it is because of my input on these boards then tell me, I will gladly leave. I have the book for evidence. The is most unwarranted on my behalf. sincerely Sir Stain

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should change your password just to be safe. I've never had a book appear in my backpack so I can't help you with that. It would scare me tho.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tonight when I logged on with my main character Lord Czar Khan, there was a book in his back pack. It said quote! you have no truth. In you and your behavior it is hard to trust you and worst of all you have hurt the reputations of those close to you. Lies and deceit are for losers. It was signed> someone who examines Now come on. I am not in a guild. I play alone. I am not close to anyone. I do have a very good vendor house. I play on origin, a server with low population. How did the book get in my pack and why????? If it is because of my input on these boards then tell me, I will gladly leave. I have the book for evidence. The is most unwarranted on my behalf. sincerely Sir Stain
Err, you may want to scan your PC for viruses and change your account info, things just don't appear in your pack unless someone with access to your account put them there. :confused:

T

Tazar

It certainly has nothing to do with your posting here on Stratics. There is no link between your Stratics account and your UO account.

The above advice is good info, but most of the account hacks lately have actually been e-mail hacks. You might want to look into changing your uo-account information to use a different e-mail address.

Good luck and Safe Journeys!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps when you made a trade recently somone slipped it in the box? Otherwise id be changing passwords pretty quick if you havnt already. This is just another of the many reasons why we need to be able to change account names, not just passwords.

C

Conrad

I have my suspicions.

Did you die, in Felluca, recently?

Someone could have dropped the book onto your corpse while you were busy having a chat with the local member of the Healers Union.

More specifically, did you die at the hands of someone you had possibly wronged in the past?

I haven't tested it, but the auto-self-loot function may just assume EVERYTHING on your corpse is yours.

Now that I think about it, it is a wonderful way of assuring a victim understands the point of their death. :sword:

S

Sir Stain

It certainly has nothing to do with your posting here on Stratics. There is no link between your Stratics account and your UO account.

The above advice is good info, but most of the account hacks lately have actually been e-mail hacks. You might want to look into changing your uo-account information to use a different e-mail address.

Good luck and Safe Journeys!
Thanks for the fast reply. I have already made the changes. I will see what transpires from here.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...things just don't appear in your pack...
Arrr, but they can! Me be thinkin' o' the holiday gift boxes that be doin' that very thing! Can ye post a screenshot o' this book? And are ye able ta change the writin' in it? What has been yer participation in the recent events?

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrr, but they can! Me be thinkin' o' the holiday gift boxes that be doin' that very thing! Can ye post a screenshot o' this book? And are ye able ta change the writin' in it? What has been yer participation in the recent events?
*chuckles*

You got me there, the holiday gifts do appear in your pack. Though I must admit having a book calling one a liar and a cheat would be the oddest holiday gift yet.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, it be better than a ban!! ;)

But an'way, the very first line be what a-makin' me think 'tmight be event-related. And if it really be signed "someone who examines" - well now, that sounds like a mystery needin' a lil footwork!

S

Sir Stain

Ok I am thinking I have a hack. Today at 4:22 pm another attempt. I isolated it and vaulted it. If any of the UO people are interested the hack code is in my vault. You would have to tutor me from there?????? Listening!!!

M

Mayadevi

Yeechie ! That's horrid Sir Stain :( Those who know you, know know better than that, so keep that in mind ok? In the meantime, it sounds like you might have been hacked. But maybe some monster looted it from someone else and you got it accidentally ? Think about contacting Jeremy with all your infomation, she's pretty good about sorting out things if you do get hacked ! Send her your Ip address to, I think it's different if you get hacked when the hacker logs on to your account isn't it?

Anyone who hasn't run into Sir Stain, Lord Czar Khan is an honorable man and a very nice person to run into, especially if you are a clueless newbie trying to get yourself sorted !

Mayadevi