• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beware the PS fel script scam Tamers / everyone

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all.. As 120 power scrolls are becoming harder to find.. some of us have taken to shoping in fel to get them.. Well this has give birth to a new scam.. they will place many tasty 120 PS required for pets just alittle under market value to pulled the would be buyer to their shop... well They have 1-3 char with stealing botting all stacked near or on the vendor ...the moment you buy the PS boom.. they now have your gold and their PS back... also if you don't notice its a fel shop and teleport to that shop ..once ya get close to the vendor any 120s you may have on you will be taken within sec..some of these places can have as many as 5-6 stealing bots... It seems to be mostly on atl..so if you are shoping their... please watch for these shops.. use tracking to see if any bots are around before buying anything... just wanted to give ya guys a heads up as one person lost 6 ps in less then 2 sec when they came close to one of these hot spots... and more and more reports are coming in of this happening.. so becareful my friends... and shop well.. =^-^=

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good evening all.. As 120 power scrolls are becoming harder to find.. some of us have taken to shoping in fel to get them.. Well this has give birth to a new scam.. they will place many tasty 120 PS required for pets just alittle under market value to pulled the would be buyer to their shop... well They have 1-3 char with stealing botting all stacked near or on the vendor ...the moment you buy the PS boom.. they now have your gold and their PS back... also if you don't notice its a fel shop and teleport to that shop ..once ya get close to the vendor any 120s you may have on you will be taken within sec..some of these places can have as many as 5-6 stealing bots... It seems to be mostly on atl..so if you are shoping their... please watch for these shops.. use tracking to see if any bots are around before buying anything... just wanted to give ya guys a heads up as one person lost 6 ps in less then 2 sec when they came close to one of these hot spots... and more and more reports are coming in of this happening.. so becareful my friends... and shop well.. =^-^=
I wondered if/when that would happen. I always empty my backpack before, and hide as soon as I recall in to a fel vendor. But then again, I have never bought PS's from a fel vendor. GOOD POST! This should be in Uhall where more people would see it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Luckily when you do a vendor search, it says what facet the scroll is on. A buyer can avoid felucca all together.

Street smarts anytime traveling to felucca and you won't have a problem.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They shouldn't. Any time you enter fel you should be prepared. I've brought plenty of scrolls before on Atl in fel though, even at the Yew moongate. I did see fishy behavor at one vendor one time, and I left.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I often buy mine in fel too.. these bot houses are starting to become more of a thing.. there are many up and up vendors in fel.. just have to watch for these.. and if you happen to come across one report it.. its true its ok to steal in fel.. but its not ok to bot 3-4 stealing toons hidden inside a vendor..some of the bots you can trick with a book written to mimic a PS and it will steal it.. I carry one on me just in case.. it will pop up, you will see the bot, and know its a bot house..sadly this tactics doesn't always work.. so just becareful out there.. sometimes it really is a good deal.. sometimes its a scam.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bought a few things at Fel vendors on Atl. Always go with no items and buy and recall fast.

Once I hung around because I sent the item with a BoS and someone else walked up and ran from me. lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't shop in Fel outside GZ on principle, but....

If they are bots, do they home in on you?

Since the vendor search thing tells you the identifier of the vendor NPC, there should be other points around the house, other than the sign, that you can click on the vendor and still make the purchase.

It might also be possible to set up a key-activated macro to cast recall or SJ, to a specific rune, and time activating it to where it resolves right after you confirm the purchase. (start purchase, hit key right before/as you confirm (may need to practice in tram on a vendor to get your timing down), recall out a split second later).

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Most are stack on top of each other hidden under the vendor( which is normally placed by the sign post so you are in range of the bots that instant snoop your pack..) If you suspect its a bot house don't try to beat the speed of a bot.. because the moment it hits your pack its gone.. If it fishy to you..I would avoid it..

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
has anyone of you ever tried to use stealth to buy stuff in fel safely? buying won't reveal you and you can stealth out until you feel you're far enough from the house to safely recall or simply stealth home all the way...

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
has anyone of you ever tried to use stealth to buy stuff in fel safely? buying won't reveal you and you can stealth out until you feel you're far enough from the house to safely recall or simply stealth home all the way...
This is what I do when the item I want is in Fel, if I get revealed while browsing then I go abit further from the vendor in stealth mode and buy the item I want hidden :D. Sorry to hear this happened to your friend though @Donavon, I hate how these cheaters keep finding ways to scam people :(

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember shopping at a fel vender while hidden/stealth, a guy recalled in and bought something. 5 reds instantly attacked and killed said char. they looted him and put item back on vender lol. the good old days. I bought the item and stealth off. the stealing scripts have been around for long time. good to use stealthier to buy stuff in fel

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if u see an item on VS and its in Fel with a 50% reduction.... mmm alarm bells...ive alwas found fel like candy land on every sahrd except ATL...but hey if someones offeing a crimmy for 15m... its only right they will wait for there prey... its a bloody game kids ..not real life...u dont really get ganked and beaten up.. ur pixel char does... ...kinda part of our beloved game... take the bait... take the fate

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
if u see an item on VS and its in Fel with a 50% reduction.... mmm alarm bells...ive alwas found fel like candy land on every sahrd except ATL...but hey if someones offeing a crimmy for 15m... its only right they will wait for there prey... its a bloody game kids ..not real life...u dont really get ganked and beaten up.. ur pixel char does... ...kinda part of our beloved game... take the bait... take the fate
Like some other posters have said here..Some people are still early teen-age deep down, have no semblance of any sense sense of honor or honesty, or respect for someone else's labors, or any compassion and likely get some perverse gratification and a sense of accomplishment by ruining other players gameplay and by stealing other players efforts that may have taken them months to compile..Just because it is allowed in fel, and the Devs are not able to control these bots..Aw well right its just a game, I agree and I feel sorry also the the people that commit these actions. They have a very sad life likely..

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of my favorite things to do is to look through VS for Fel vendors carrying cheap items that are most likely a setup, get the map, look up the coords, and then stealth there on my thief and buy all of the stuff. Good deals that way.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Id still like to know where these alleged bots are. I think this thread is based on lies.
Don't you think that you can find them yourself? Just look in vendor search..? Maybe not see this on your shard but maybe in another shard? Also putting the identity of the house/person that commits this joke is a violation of the Stratics TOS/rules of conduct. So the previous poster cannot legally put the name/location here on Stratics. The information provided here is to help you not get scammed. Why would anyone put lies here? This is just a public warning the OP wants us to be aware. Please stop accusing people of lying without at least investigating the issues.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People post pictures of the offenders houses and the shard they are on all the time here without saying/showing the name of the person.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
People post pictures of the offenders houses and the shard they are on all the time here without saying/showing the name of the person.
Right, but I doubt that we can post the ID of the house or name of the house etc.
What bothers me is that he claims he thinks this thread is based on lies..The OP that started the the thread is one of the most highly trusted people in Stratics and UO. Please think before accusing anyone of lying. This is an insult not only to the OP but to common sense. What I am saying also is : We can check this ourselves? People here are just trying to make us aware of the scam..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All I'm saying is I have a feeling the op is exaggerating the facts greatly. It's peaked my curiosity greatly and I'd like to confirm this or debunk this for myself.
Go to Atl and find some scrolls in VS that are in Fel and go to those houses and inspect for yourself. You may find nothing. Absence of evidence is not proof tho. I really do not care if it is an exageration. Something happened to a player and told the OP about it and they put a warning here.

I am there doing VS just to goof off right now. At the moment VS is giving too Vague a lot. I did find a 1 meditation pink for 100k in Fel. Why would someone pay >5 gold for that?

We have returning players that should heed this warning whether there are bots or no bots, thieves or no thieves.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After a long time of too vague. Theres a Parry 120 in Fel for 50M. Theres one for 48M in Tram tho.

There are also some overpriced animal taming and Lore 120s in Fel.

Thats all of the fel 120 scrolls on Atl right now. Have fun debunking.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right, but I doubt that we can post the ID of the house or name of the house etc.
What bothers me is that he claims he thinks this thread is based on lies..The OP that started the the thread is one of the most highly trusted people in Stratics and UO. Please think before accusing anyone of lying. This is an insult not only to the OP but to common sense. What I am saying also is : We can check this ourselves? People here are just trying to make us aware of the scam..
I just said that

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
at least they didn't ban people from house after u bid on an item on a auction safe. nothing lower than this kind of action.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I call that shenanigans. It's fel. The item in question is cursed. The stealing skill is exactly doing what it is intended for. I can barely hate people who outsmart me in a video game. I call "GG" and try to learn not to fall for it again ;)

I've bought used +5 stat scrolls for millions and all that, but I never blamed anyone but me..

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I call that shenanigans. It's fel. The item in question is cursed. The stealing skill is exactly doing what it is intended for. I can barely hate people who outsmart me in a video game. I call "GG" and try to learn not to fall for it again ;)

I've bought used +5 stat scrolls for millions and all that, but I never blamed anyone but me..
I fell for this right when the new taming patch was out. A power scroll was a few MIL cheaper, so not stupidly cheap - just looked like someone wanted to undercut the competition. It was in Felucca. So I went there and bought the scroll. *Poof* ... scroll gone. Lesson learned. I was a bit angry, but also amused. They set a trap, and I fell for it. Well played. :)