• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beware afk killer

• Thread starter Desolation87
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Desolation87

A person was caught today attempting to kill an afk player. The culprit was using incognito, and wore a mage suit with alot of dci. Pointing towards a PVPer. The name began with a B and ended with a D. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post thier name, and I'm almost very sure this guy will prob stone off skills and delete the char anyways.

But just a polite warning to fellow Lake Austians. :)

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was this in fel? then the player should know better to afk in fel, cause well sh** happens. If it was a guildmate vs guildmate thing it should be kept and delt with in house.

B

Blade_Thugluv

No it was a guilded Char. He has been AFK killing Members for awhile and we have been trying to fig out who it was doing it. Today we got the break we needed and I Booted him from Guild. He then tryed to join Other guilds. Also came back on Alts trying to get back into KOL. Asked everyone who could guild to guild him. Just a warning is all. Becareful of who you guild in your guilds. This person has mad off with Millions in Items and such.

~Blade

B

Blade_Thugluv

Tek I never knew you were an Angel Fan LOL Nice Sig. That was one of the best ep when he got turned into a muppet.

~Blade

D

Desolation87

was this in fel? then the player should know better to afk in fel, cause well sh** happens. If it was a guildmate vs guildmate thing it should be kept and delt with in house.
Jeez a polite warning and this is what I get? Well don't take heed (sp?) of my warning and I hope he ends up in your guild screwing your members over.

*sulks in corner*

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KOL has alot of players in it... seems the only requisite to get in is just to ask... things like this are bound to happen cuz there's alot of shady people that play UO

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn’t mean it as an insult, your original post was vague to what you meant by afk killer- you didn’t say it was a guild thing and I tend to think that if it is a guild member issue that you should deal with it in house first. I’ve been a member of large guilds before and this usually happens at least twice a year, that’s the problem with large guilds they tend to let a lot of players in that they don’t fully know or have guild alliances with questionable players and these things or other griefing occurs, it’s the unfortunate nature of the game.

Don’t worry about them ending up in any of ‘my’ guilds- we don’t recruit, only invite friends.

V

Vahne

Yup that's the advantage of being in a small guild with rigorous recruiting standards like mine. It makes it harder to get groups together which is bad, but then it teaches you to duo or solo peerless, so then it's good! :)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will add to this .....

I train up my pets, in the Yamato(sp) Mines on the Shadow Ore Elemental. I go lure the near one to the entrance and then start the training. I rarely to never do this unattended as I will use the other computer to do mining, Lumberjacking etc.

Anywho, along comes a player and has in tow, 6+ Warriors, 2 Priest, 2+ Earth Elementals and at least 1 Dull Copper Elemental and dumps them off at the entrance.

Ok, I got the characters name etc and it was in the Journal as well. I exit the Dungeon and person is Recalling out.

I went to Luna and talked to an individual that should know or at least be able to have some information on the individual. They had just loged off. We talked about the situation and agreed to let it go as probably some mistake. I go back to the Mines Area peace the place and start killing things with the Primary GD.

The next day, the same scenario by the same individual. To the best of my knowledge the Guild did what they had to do and I sent a report in.

Some how it would not surprise me if it were the same person.

Any how I have not had any recurrence of the problem since then.

A

Andore

It is a problem that plauges guilds from time to time.About a year ago my R/L fiancee' had a guildie kill her.the indavidual made off with a 1200 luck suit that had max resists.Everyone should be careful at all times,even around guildies.You never know when you will end up getting PKilled.Tis a sad thing but it happens.

G

greatpumpkinator

...while the warning might be helpful...the most helpful thing would be to...yup...you guessed it:

Insure Your Stuff!

If a guildie kills you, he can't loot insured items. You should ALWAYS be weary of EVERYONE. It's sad, I know...but there is a mechanism in the game to help prevent this.

You should be pushing for ALL of your guild members to be sure to insure everything. Hand out gold if you need to in order help people out from time to time. One of the guilds I used to be in did this...and if you got whacked and your stuff stolen, it was pretty much your fault for not insuring items (though, they did try and get the stuff back).

Sorry for the "harsh" words...but this is something anyone can do to prevent this...and it seems no matter how many people "inform" about insurance...plenty of people still don't use it.

...on a softer note...I do feel sorry for anyone that loses stuff this way.

A

Azazel of LA

And it it this reason why I dont invite people into my guild until I know them VERY well. TLB had a problem with someone stealing from guild members back before Tram was around , and we killed the kid so many times he was ready to quit the game. We eventually even let him stay in the guild but he sure did learn his lesson.

P

Parsifal

A few years ago when the LOST auction was just starting up, I was behind the counter with Der Hollandar placing items on the table for auction. It was a slow night and in the spirit of the moment I decided to attack our auctioneer, Shadow Kitty....:stretcher: Bill was soon dead....lol:mf_prop:

This was at a time in the game when it was fashionable to Kill Bill:thumbup: and I must say it got everybodys attention, the auction went on to have one of its biggest nights.

Just my 2 cents worth but all member to member in guild kills are not bad....lol