• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Template to farm UEVs

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
My whole goal here is to kill these things as quickly as possible... I've been pondering this for a while. I made a luck suit specifc to killing UEVs that I only made sure that it maxxes energy resist, and so I am swinging my slayer longsword @1.25, dropping AIs nearly every hit.

The thing is, this leaves me a whole skill or two unused. Normally:
120 swords
120 tact
120 anat
120 chiv
100 necro
100 parry
90 resist

but since UEVs don't cast anything, the resist is unused.

SO I decided to drop the resist and add in some bushido, so now I'll have cheaper specials, PLus the perfection bonus on Luck can be nice, I'm sure. But I already can drop an AI nearly every swing...

I haven't tried this out yet, so we shall see.

But, I've also been thinking of moving back down from longswords to broadswords, which will do 10 less damage per hit.

My Longsword
100 HML, Air Slayer, 50 HLD, 15 SSI, 40 DI

I am thinking I could go with a broadsword of:
100 HML, Max (92%?) HLL, Air Slayer, 40DI, HLD

This should be enough HLL against UEVs I think. This would allow me to stone Necro off, but then what to add instead? Also what would my best tactics be?

I've been thinking either Mysticism or Spellweaving, but have no real thoughts as to which would be better, and what, really, my tactics would be...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just hack them down on my normal sampire. I don't change any skills around.

120 sword
120 tactics
120 bush
115 anatomy
100 necro
85 chiv
60 parry

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Possible that you'd be better off with a double axe using double strike vs AI, I haven't tried it to be sure.

Keep Counter Attack up as much as you can too, even at I think 80 parry with jewelry, it goes off all the time for me.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Unless you have a bard with you, AI works better than double strike at UEVs.
Their lowest resist, poison, is much too high for DS to deal more damage than AI.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Problem with going with the Axe DS vs longsword AI is that I rely on my shield for SSI, HCI, DCI and DI ...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless you have a bard with you, AI works better than double strike at UEVs.
Their lowest resist, poison, is much too high for DS to deal more damage than AI.
Oh my bad, I do have them discorded most of the time.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem with going with the Axe DS vs longsword AI is that I rely on my shield for SSI, HCI, DCI and DI ...
Then Bushido is really only going to hurt you, you'll get hit a lot more.

I guess something like

120 swords
120 parry
120 chivalry
120 tactics
120 anatomy

And yeah, I'm at a loss on the last skill with that, that would help with UEVs. Bushido obviously is great but you'll lose the ability to parry if you don't drop the shield. Could use lumberjacking if you chose to use an axe, but you'll have to drop the shield (War Axe doesn't work with LJ does it? Would be best option if it did). Maybe could pick up archery and use a composite bow to pull UEVs towards you while popping them with an armor ignore, and get the extra mana reduction.

I don't know that there really is a skill that could help you, if you wanted maybe you could put on poisoning and hit them with some lethal poison, that's the only thing I can think of that would really add extra damage for you.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
...(War Axe doesn't work with LJ does it? Would be best option if it did)....
War axes are mace weapons. When used on a tree, they will yield wood instead of kindling, but Lumberjacking skill will not add any damage output.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Then Bushido is really only going to hurt you, you'll get hit a lot more.
Actually, I am not concerned about this. They don't hit hard, or often. So, ok, they'll do about 35% more damage to me, but 1.35*not-very-much = still not much.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well it also won't add all that much aside from the ability to honor. Which I guess with the 1000 luck bonus from max perfection would be nice for UEVs.

What's your luck suit look like, by the way? I'm thinking about burning 5 forged tool charges to put one together.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
120 Sword
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Lumberjacking
120 Discordance
120 Music
80 Bushido

I believe it is the fastest way to kill UEV.

Disco gives you 10-20% to your damage over time by lowering UEV's wrestling.
DS does more damage than AI just because a Double Axe has more base damage than a Bladed Staff.
And if you will be able to keep on a mastery you do even more damage.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would boost your Bushido to 120 so you are more apt to be at perfection. Then you get the 1000 luck bonus when the UEV dies and thus more powerful loot.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could drop Resist for SS, and Corpse Skin them to lower their Poison Resist down to 40-50. At that point, Double Strike will do more damage than AI. You could also summon a Death Adder familiar so he can DP them. You'd also be able to use Curse Weapon to increase your Life Drain by 50%, so you'd go from 20% Life Drain just in Vamp Form, to 70% Life Drain with Vamp Form+Curse Weapon. You'd lose Karma each time you cast Corpse Skin or Curse Wep though.

120 Sword
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
100 Lumberjacking
120 Discordance
120 Music
80 Bushido

I believe it is the fastest way to kill UEV.

Disco gives you 10-20% to your damage over time by lowering UEV's wrestling.
DS does more damage than AI just because a Double Axe has more base damage than a Bladed Staff.
And if you will be able to keep on a mastery you do even more damage.
No self healing with that template though. Can't deal much damage if you're dead.

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could drop Resist for SS, and Corpse Skin them to lower their Poison Resist down to 40-50. At that point, Double Strike will do more damage than AI. You could also summon a Death Adder familiar so he can DP them. You'd also be able to use Curse Weapon to increase your Life Drain by 50%, so you'd go from 20% Life Drain just in Vamp Form, to 70% Life Drain with Vamp Form+Curse Weapon. You'd lose Karma each time you cast Corpse Skin or Curse Wep though.

No self healing with that template though. Can't deal much damage if you're dead.
Life leech weapon mostly likely

Or just confidence, you don't get hit much with discorded UEVs and high DCI

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
@PlayerSkillFTW
As I said 2 posts above, they don't hit hard, or particularly often, so Curse Weapon is a non-starter.

I plan to try CorwinXX's idea.

I will go with maces though so I can use DS with the maul.
So my template will be:
mace
tact
anat
disco
music
chiv
and enough bush/parry to get the reduction of mana.

This is a ways off though, because I need to bring the music/disco/mace up and blah... blah...

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UEV do just a little damage and die fast... so it is even possible to kill it without using any healing spell - you are getting healed by honor when it dies.
I can leave my bard near an UEV and go AFK. For sure my bard hasn't HLL, HLA, HFat on his weapon. I have just written a video where my bard stands few minutes in AFK mode against two UEV.