• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Template for Void Pool

mihali

Sage
Going to C1 to see what they put in there. Guess will depend a lot on that, then the Paragons quantity or spawn rate likely. Chances are the melee types of some sort or another, but could also other types, depending on the spawn. There is a repond slayer taly in the rewards, so it is possible that chunks of the spawn may be reponds? No idea yet. Other point of interest will be the pirate hat drop rates there and anywhere pertinent they mentioned places.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually use my Disco/Tamer with a FWW+PB Najasaurus there. If the mobs deal mostly Physical Damage, then they basically can't kill the Naja as it's under Consume Damage, and it'll dish out tons of AoE damage. I usually set up in a chokepoint, and let my Naja pick everything up and AoE it down.

I'm still at #2 on Atlantic's Best Single Battle Scoreboard, and #4 on Overall Total Scores, even though i've only done Void Pool once in the past 2-3 years, and only a handful of times before then. So apparently my FWW+PB Najasaurus works incredibly well there, considering it took years for other people to catch up to me on the scoreboards.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Mobs are all pirates. We just did the TC record of 54. Mostly Melee players.

mihali

Sage
Are dread pirates repond slayer susceptible? Did not find difference between orc slayer book and repond slayer book on the pirate itself when pirate hunting, and there is no info on the uo guide.

mihali

Sage
I usually use my Disco/Tamer with a FWW+PB Najasaurus there. If the mobs deal mostly Physical Damage, then they basically can't kill the Naja as it's under Consume Damage, and it'll dish out tons of AoE damage. I usually set up in a chokepoint, and let my Naja pick everything up and AoE it down.

I'm still at #2 on Atlantic's Best Single Battle Scoreboard, and #4 on Overall Total Scores, even though i've only done Void Pool once in the past 2-3 years, and only a handful of times before then. So apparently my FWW+PB Najasaurus works incredibly well there, considering it took years for other people to catch up to me on the scoreboards.
Wonder if the PB/FWW Triton would work well there also, not much different except for the 128 wres and healing 120?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonder if the PB/FWW Triton would work well there also, not much different except for the 128 wres and healing 120?
Yeah, they work too. The advantage that the Najasaurus has, is it's completely Poison status immune, so you can always heal it up unless it's under a Mortal Strike effect, which is very rare in PvM.

Sampire or Dragoon. /thread
Melee chars will actually start to have trouble at higher wave lvls, due to each successive wave getting higher skills and resists. At 150-160 Wrest skill on the mobs, Sampires die because they can't reliably land hits often enough to leech back their health.

mihali

Sage
Wonder why they offered Repond tali and spellbook as rewards if the pirates aren't vulnerable to Repond...
Because their heart was in the right direction, and their brain was not. They forgot that pirates are NOT repond. They should make the Tali/Spellbook Pirate slayer or something that acts like a slayer to pirates. That's an OOPS! moment. I think.
It is not too late, they can FIX this, as well as the poor drop rates on Void Pool.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Because their heart was in the right direction, and their brain was not. They forgot that pirates are NOT repond. They should make the Tali/Spellbook Pirate slayer or something that acts like a slayer to pirates. That's an OOPS! moment. I think.
It is not too late, they can FIX this, as well as the poor drop rates on Void Pool.
Agreed here. Personally I think making a new slayer for the talisman and spellbook would make those rewards more usable for the event (and pirate hunting down the road). The only thing is that "Pirate" slayer would be a new slayer which might be asking for too much.

I've had pretty bad luck getting drops on the Void pool... admittedly I haven't been able to do it while others have been there (more than 1 other person) so that's probably part of the reason but I'm moving on to TMaps / SoS.

Has anyone noticed if Luck on your suit (or statue) has impacted drops? I was using a luck suit + statue hit on my last attempt on the void pool; I only was able to get to wave 19 with my luck suit bc I ran out of mana (pet died) and that was pretty much it.... 4K luck (in Tram) and didn't get a single hat. At this point I think there is something up with either number of people in the dungeon OR no drops if less than wave X (maybe 30?).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really hope they listen to the feedback
Which parts? Some say everything is great, some don't like a few things. There has been very little feedback for this event.

Just did Void Pool with 2 tamers, one with a Chiv/AI Cu the other with a FWW/Chiv Triton. Both pets did fine.
(at least 6 to 8 other players also there) (None would give any drop info)

If I could do a round like this and get 34 drops on two toons, I would be fine.

1712628208757.png

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Which parts? Some say everything is great, some don't like a few things. There has been very little feedback for this event.

Just did Void Pool with 2 tamers, one with a Chiv/AI Cu the other with a FWW/Chiv Triton. Both pets did fine.

The tamer I controlled more had the Cu and 250 Luck. The one that followed had 2580 Luck.

The Tamer with more Luck got 19 drops (281 reward points) the other got 15 drops (292 reward points). So, Luck made a big difference. That tamer gave very few commands and did no spells.

If I could do a round like this and get 34 drops on two toons, I would be fine.

View attachment 153322
Regarding the luck helm

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Regarding the luck helm
My feeling is that it stays as is. Its the easy button swords sampire culture. They only know how to make the easiest template in UO, so they never have to struggle to get max speed on a weapon because they never make any template that requires stat placement.

The 190 Luck helms I have built could not be replaced by that thing.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My feeling is that it stays as is. Its the easy button swords sampire culture. They only know how to make the easiest template in UO, so they never have to struggle to get max speed on a weapon because they never make any template that requires stat placement.

The 190 Luck helms I have built could not be replaced by that thing.
Nor mine

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Find one with high wrestling and over 200str and make this:

1712631202906.png

In the higher waves they need one on one damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This perfectly illustrates how flawed pet AI as this pet will fww single target and not when surrounded
Control the pet, send it into the crowd and it will use FWW. Once it is surrounded it just spins because it tries to attack whatever attacks it last. Learn the mechanics and use them. Use your area spells to kill the ones that come to the pet. Complaining about how something has always worked or wishing it works the way you want it to, yields 0 Hats.

Eventually the mobs overwhelm both of you.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Control the pet, send it into the crowd and it will use FWW. Once it is surrounded it just spins because it tries to attack whatever attacks it last. Learn the mechanics and use them. Use your area spells to kill the ones that come to the pet. Complaining about how something has always worked or wishing it works the way you want it to, yields 0 Hats.

Eventually the mobs overwhelm both of you.
I'm very proficient with my pets that doesn't mean pet AI works

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

(at least 6 to 8 other players also there) (None would give any drop info)
The tamer I controlled more had the Cu and 250 Luck. The one that followed had 2580 Luck.

The Tamer with more Luck got 19 drops (281 reward points) the other got 15 drops (292 reward points). So, Luck made a big difference. That tamer gave very few commands and did no spells.
I was thinking the same thing, about lack of feedback, when I was reading the UO Forums (TC1 thread) this morning. I'm hoping that a few more people will provide some feedback since sample size is key. My experience in the void pool has been terrible but yours looks to be ok. I'll have to try to hop on at night before bed to attempt void pool with others there so that I can see what happens during the higher waves.

Did you notice if any of your drops were given during the lower waves or was it primarily during those higher waves (looks like you got to wave 55 from your screenshot)?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought Poison Breath needs poison as skill? After applying FWW i cannot choose it anymore.
Have to put it on while the oet has poisoning.

Add in this order.
Poisoning.
Poison breath
FWW
Chivalry

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you notice if any of your drops were given during the lower waves or was it primarily during those higher waves (looks like you got to wave 55 from your screenshot)?
That particular time very little on low waves. Id say if you are in a small group, you will not get many drops until level 26 or so.
4 - 8 for those lower levels. There is not enough to kill in a fast time. After level 35 or so you are just standing in place killing as fast as you can. So, you get drops at a good pace. They also drop at odd times. I've got them when doing nothing, after healing my pet, got 2 and 3 at once.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to try break my Atl record of 150 during the event with the help of my guild. I am worried the pirate archers might make it impossible when they get to 159.? skill levels.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am going to try break my Atl record of 150 during the event with the help of my guild. I am worried the pirate archers might make it impossible when they get to 159.? skill levels.
Can you disarm the pirates? If so, does that make it worse like disarming a dread pirate?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Slayers are tied to the graphic model of the mob. Pirates and most other human NPCs (asides from Evil Mages) share the same graphic/model as player characters do. Repond used to work on both human NPCs and players back in the day, but they changed that for PvP reasons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am fine with pirates having no slayer.

Repond slayers fit the event.
Orcs are Repond.
Corgul is Repond.

The Void Pool is fun if you like to kill stuff. Having all the mobs the same and no slayer evens it out for all templates and skill levels.

This can be very fun with a group. Everyone can participate, eventually we all die.

Maybe @PlayerSkillFTW can figure out what the pirates resists are.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix said:
Luck provided by equipment & other items will not have any effect on the drop rate for Plunderin' Pirate Hats.

The Potion of Glorious Fortune will increase the drop rate of Plunderin' Pirate Hats in all collection methods.

Plunderin' Pirate Hats collected via the Void Pool will be awarded based on the number of waves participated in, with higher drop chances in waves 30+

Plunderin' Pirate Hats do not take the place of any items in chests or SoS. The number of hats delivered is dependent on the level of the chest.

Yay I hate Luck suits. I just got 3 toons suited with luck. Now I can put them back to killing mode.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am fine with pirates having no slayer.

Repond slayers fit the event.
Orcs are Repond.
Corgul is Repond.

The Void Pool is fun if you like to kill stuff. Having all the mobs the same and no slayer evens it out for all templates and skill levels.

This can be very fun with a group. Everyone can participate, eventually we all die.

Maybe @PlayerSkillFTW can figure out what the pirates resists are.
What would be the preferred Hit Area on a bow for the Void Pool Pirates?

Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would be the preferred Hit Area on a bow for the Void Pool Pirates?

Thanks!
Until we know their resists, it is speculation. Also you should do it with a group a few times to see if you get a group of them together, and by that wave, would an area spell damage them much. Lightning would be my guess.

I am not good at determining damages on Mobs, but we may have all weekend to try to find out their lowest resist.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Until we know their resists, it is speculation. Also you should do it with a group a few times to see if you get a group of them together, and by that wave, would an area spell damage them much. Lightning would be my guess.

I am not good at determining damages on Mobs, but we may have all weekend to try to find out their lowest resist.

Their resists in the void pool starts at 0% all resist wave 1 up to all 99% , Resists seems to increase pretty quick each wave ( haven't bother to test more because I know it ends up at 99% anyway ) , but that's the mechanic in void pool, in cov3 when there was pirates couple days ago one pirate at the entrance had 40/ 60 / 75 / 60 / 73

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Their resists in the void pool starts at 0% all resist wave 1 up to all 99% , Resists seems to increase pretty quick each wave ( haven't bother to test more because I know it ends up at 99% anyway ) , but that's the mechanic in void pool, in cov3 when there was pirates couple days ago one pirate at the entrance had 40/ 60 / 75 / 60 / 73
Thanks. I figured they were raising stats as we progress. That's why I wondered if a hit area spell would do much damage.

And that resist Lore is why I could not tell what their resists were. My plain weapon was doing the "same" damage as my elementals were.

I'm going to use weapons I have and see what levels we get to regularly and maybe see if a hit lower defense weapon is a good idea as the waves progress.

Keep the info coming!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried a sampire. Lots of dismounting going on in there. I guess I'll stick with my tamer.
I'm not taking a live mount. With a group, there will be 10 20 mounts walking around. They dismount from the beginning.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yay I hate Luck suits. I just got 3 toons suited with luck. Now I can put them back to killing mode.
Well, if you think about it, luck mechanic is a nerf. Once a luck suit becomes a baseline for everyone, that means some combat quality had to be sacrificed. I am not sure how I feel about them replacing luck with the paid potion though. I suppose it could be worse. They could leave luck and add the potion.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the potion give an invisible amount of luck thats boosts the drop rate.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
ive found archer or thrower in wraith form with SS is very good

you are able to hit hard enough to leech some mana back. it is also far easier to hit targets since there is a lot of lag on atlantic from the huge crowds

in the rounds that ive done ive stayed near the top 5 score in rounds of about 100 on atlantic

I generally get about 40 hats per void pool round, and most rounds make it to 80-100

ive tried to ask how many hats other people get in void pool and very few people answer

If i have a bad round is 30ish, a good round is closer to 50. i'll generally stay the whole 80-100 rounds but the first 20-30 rounds is super slow by way of hat drops. there is definitely a sweet spot around round 30-70