• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best PLace to hunt feathers? (yes, feathers!)

S

sayler04

I know its an incredibly stupid question, but feather prices being what they are, anyone have any suggestions on where to hunt feathers? I've been doing covetous for the harpies, but the spawn rate is way too slow.

THANKS!

rage

L

Lady Vivian

Swoops is where I gather feathers. Do it with a pet since they buffed them up so much.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

Dungeon Covetous Level 1

there are many harphy´s

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ilshenar, harpy nest North of Spirituality gate. Head North through the pixie spawn till you hit the moutain, look for a passage into the mountain. Many harpies and 2 stone harpies. If the paragons are a problem let them chase you to the pixies. They'll take care of them for you.

5% Luck

My favorite place is in the HOT dungeon. I hunt phoenix in fel! 136 feathers per kill not bad!

The other nice spot is the harpys nest in ishtar. Its east of spirituality and north up the mountain side. 50 each kill but decent enough spawn rate. Phoenix in fel is faster though.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basicly you could try and lead a paragon ki-rin/unicorn into the harpys lair. Your only problem after that would be to cut up the corpses fast enough. (And maybe you need to work on the oaks champion to bring out a fitting paragon or hunt/tame long enough the unicorns near the champ area.)

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to say Level 1 Covetous as well. Unending supply of Harpies.

B

Boogieman

Hunt in Felucca - just bring regular gear if you are worried about getting PK'ed. The birds have double mount of feathers - so that's 50 feather for small birds, 100 feathers for regular harpies. If you go for small birds you can even go naked (or with a robe on if you're shy) - then you can carry more!
And there's another benefit - in Felucca the trees don't have foliage, so the small birds are much easier to see. A problem to target? Use shift+ctrl and they will show up as bars that you can target.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Until Nov 17, you can just BUY feathers. Every town that gets invaded has its NPC vendors reset to base prices. Just recall around to the bowyers and provisioners and SHOP TILL YOU DROP. It's good preparation for Christmas.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shhhh its a secret!!

ok so i need feathers hmm how best to procure them... ahh herding
yes herding

step one go to spirituality mg in illsh then go advance the oaks spawn killing dark wisps (good to farm some bones if you are not in a rush) once spawn advances to ki-rin wisps i jump on my herder come back with my trusty crook and doubble click the crook then the animal then when it asks where you want it to go you target yourself to have it follow you arround. get about 30 ki-rin following you and lead the herd to the harpy nest not to far away then sit back and start plucking till you have that bug full of feathers then bank and come back for more if your not yet bored of looting. its very safe i have taken some noobies with me to do the work for the gold the harpy's have. paragons no sweat the herd is strong very strong i have had the nest invaded with ki-rin for many hours without them weakening (though good plan to take some spare ki-rin to the entrance to the nest incase you need some more to help with the killing they do wander off now and then.

About 10 ki-rin will keep the nest at bay but more will let it stay that way alot longer

A

Ashlen

Ilshenar harpy nest north of Spirituality gate
drag into the nest around 3-4 paragon pixies
They kill the harpy's faster than I can cut them up
and harvest the feathers.
You make a bank run and come back you have a
whole stack of dead harpies to start cutting up again
The pixies are small and dont get in your way.

E

El Phantasmo

Fel Prism of Light killing/skinning the Crystal Lattace Seekers nets you 200 feathers each one. True, it will cost you the 10k to get in but you will make that $$$ back in 6-7 of them alone.

B

Boogieman

Fel Prism of Light killing/skinning the Crystal Lattace Seekers nets you 200 feathers each one. True, it will cost you the 10k to get in but you will make that $$$ back in 6-7 of them alone.
Heh - that sounds very ambitious for hunting feathers. How about saving the 10K. Kill 4 chickens in Felucca (=200 feathers) and recall on to the next spawn area?