• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best monster for loot for a SOLO dexxer?

M

Mercurio2234

I was wondering what are the best monsters loot for a SINGLE dexxer?

I usually go to Minotauro Land and fight off Miasma. I get arties somewhat, but they are usually very bad: Brightside lenses, Raed's Glory and etc... The biggest issue however is that it gets very crowded there.

Does anybody know any good monsters/bosses to solo for good items (brace, rings, swords, armor, arties)?

I sometimes solo Red Death, but it's 50% success rate, as sometimes he throws fireball and instantly attack you (OooOOooo).

I am fairly decent, 120 Bush/Parry/Swords, 115 Anat, 110 Tacts, 105 Healing, 70 Chivarly...Yes, lots of skills on ring and brace.

Can't solo Greater Dragons (fireball + ebolt = OOOooOO)...and Balrons loot is ok...havent gotten anything special.

I've been to Doom many times and I am not interested in the arties there as they are not as high value when I sell them.

Basically I am trying to gather up good items so I can sell them and scrape some money.

Many thanks!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For starters, you need as much luck as you can cram on your suit. Without alot of luck no creatures are going to give you good non-gold loot.

That being said, my favorite creature for loot are Succubi. If you can find one that spawns in a relatively safe location (second floor of the Fan Dancer's Dojo, for instance) you can kill them all day (EoO and a Demon slayer of course). They die in 4 or 5 hits if you have enough DI stuff.

Their loot is Tier 2 (Tier 1 being Balrons, Ancient Wyrms, and probably Greater Dragons), but you can kill them much faster than Tier 1 creatures, so you have more chances at top end loot.

Some folks love to harvest Blood Elementals, but I haven't spent alot of time with them in a few years.

Btw, I don't see much of a market for looted items, but maybe you'll have better luck at it than I ever did.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvM should be done for jewelry. If you're looking for weapons low end hammers are your best bet (bronze/copper give 3 mods (ssi, spell, hld, DI if except).

I personally prefer Dreadhorn to all other PvM. It's semi challenging to get the keys. All of the named bosses that you get keys from give good loot and gold.

DH gives you a shot at a crimmy, and gives a lot of good loot if you hit perfection.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvM should be done for jewelry.
I disagree with that in that strongbox quests rather than standard monster farming is better for jewelry.

For jewelry, your best bet is the minotaur quest (as a warrior, you should have a ton of honor, makes getting minotaur artifacts VERY easy).

The rest of what Lynk says is 100% true.

For the OP:

Since you're obviously not interested in the gold, we'll ignore that.

For honor/marties, your best bets are miasma and thrasher. Thrasher dies more quickly and thus gives you more chances to win a minor artifact.

I also have much success getting minor artifacts in the Oaks spawn in Ilshenar, having also received a couple of extremely valuable artifacts in the process. But to survive there, you really need to learn to work in teams of at least two. (unless you're a really good sampire, then alone is ok) Oaks himself is a bit hard for a warrior alone.

Then you have peerless, where killing and keying dread horn is at the top of the list. Since you have healing, Travesty would be hard (but not impossible) and Paroxy takes a long time to kill.

C

Connor_Graham

For jewelry, your best bet is the minotaur quest (as a warrior, you should have a ton of honor, makes getting minotaur artifacts VERY easy).
The only problem with doing this is that you can only get 16 artifacts in one run, otherwise there's a 3-4 minute wait until they respawn again. Stealthers are much more handy in this particular situation if you have one as they can pick up the initial 16, hang out in a corner so they don't get revealed, then pick up the next batch and head on out. This allows you to get enough to do 10 quests at one time, and you don't have to worry about having to work 2 dots of Honor back up (that's what it would take to get the equivalent number of artifacts on a warrior).

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use honor to get back, when honor runs out, I'm standing in a hoard of minotaur with my soul seeker and bovine slayer talisman. The minotaur don't last long and i can stand there forever.

I do use my bag of sending for the heavier artifacts (so i don't get overloaded) and simply run out. It doesn't matter if I die on the way out, I only lose a few bandages. If I bring Rend out with me, I just come back with my tamer and kill it to make it easier for other Miasma farmers.

But yes, stealthers are handier. I just don't have any, so I prefer to do the New Leadership quest on my warrior, which not only gives me a strongbox, but I get to key Travesty at the same time. It's slower, but for me, more fun.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get a Totem of the Void talisman from Miasma too, which I never knew till we got one off it. Talon Bite was a surprise too.

I love killing Succabus. Great way to hit knight of honor, Glorious Lord, and, as stated, nice jewlery. Although I wish they'd fix the luck table cause I never seem to get ONE really really nice jewlery. They're all great jewels, mind you, but not up to my *ahem* taste. This is with Perfection, 260 luck items, then add on luck statue for another 400ish? = ~1660ish luck.
Oh and Sacrifice fame on her too to hit Knight of Sacrifice.

I have to read up on the minotaur stuff. I'm confused about that.

C

Connor_Graham

I have to read up on the minotaur stuff. I'm confused about that.
The quest is rather easy to complete, it just takes some time. Here are the basics-

Quest requirements-

Map Fragment - Obtained from red healers. The best spot to get these is at the Healer Grove in Ilshenar.

20 Gaman Horns - Obtained from, obviously, gamans. The best spot for these is the area around the Homare-Jima moongate and NE until you hit the forested area.

3 Minotaur Artifacts- These spawn on the ground at the very back of the Labyrinth near the champ spawn area. There are an initial amount that are there by default, but as you pick the first few up more will spawn, for a total of 16 that will spawn in each "batch". There is then a 3-4 minute wait for another 16.

Quest start with Lorekeeper Broolol in Heartwood and ends with Braen the Thaumaturgist (or Naturalist, I can't remember, but it is Braen. He's easily found as he's the only naked Elf in Heartwood). Basically run past the bowyer quest area until you can't run any more without having to head up or down and he's in the tent that's just below the SW quest area.

T

Turdnugget

You get a strongbox with any assortment of items. Talismans/jewels/armor/weapons etc...

A

Asahina Yajinden

I mainly hit oni's, 1500 1900 gp a pop and occassionally a decent weapon or jewelry.
the respawn is pretty quick in fan daner dojo, and one spawns on hotaka plains as well, but i usually go the secluded spot thru the cave...

the occassional bake, or rev lion will come and join the fun, which can get a lil hairy at times but makes it interesting.

depending on what kind of jewelry your looking for.. the i've had some good luck making turq ring's ssi and hci, and di above 25 -35.

as far as weapons save your gold and buy some lower end runics , i play on a low pop shard and sometimes i can find bronze hammers prety cheap.. and with that many chg's on a hammer u can make a decent weapon here or there.

as for armor i mainly use b kit runic stuff i make... i havent seen a monster drop anything i'd ever use as far as armor.

M

Mercurio2234

Thanks for all the responses...I am thinking of soloing DH as I am trying to get the final piece for my suit (Crimson Cincture).

Is there a faster way to collect the keys? Or is it just better to try and solo other monster and scrape up the money that way instead?

Many thanks

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why dont you all do the strongbox quest in Sanctuary? Maugg Err Must die...or somthing along those lines. Once you get the initial spawn out of the way, two mages can chain one quest out in under 7 minutes. Once the spawn is clear you can chain them out for hours. Great loot, little chance in dieing and very very fast quest.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why dont you all do the strongbox quest in Sanctuary? Maugg Err Must die...or somthing along those lines. Once you get the initial spawn out of the way, two mages can chain one quest out in under 7 minutes. Once the spawn is clear you can chain them out for hours. Great loot, little chance in dieing and very very fast quest.
Because the question was "I was wondering what are the best monsters loot for a SINGLE dexxer?" And not an in-general question.

Because a single dexxer doesn't stand a chance in Szavetra's room.

Because this is the warrior forum, and not the mage forum.

But if you have a mage, the Moug Guur must die quest chain is just as good as the Labyrinth quest chain, but for a different type of character.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because the question was "I was wondering what are the best monsters loot for a SINGLE dexxer?" And not an in-general question.

Because a single dexxer doesn't stand a chance in Szavetra's room.

Because this is the warrior forum, and not the mage forum.

But if you have a mage, the Moug Guur must die quest chain is just as good as the Labyrinth quest chain, but for a different type of character.

Ahh yeah, true that....i left this thread open and didnt realize which room i was in. fail on my part lol. Way to be an **** though :) +3

A

Arch Magus

Ahh yeah, true that....i left this thread open and didnt realize which room i was in. fail on my part lol. Way to be an **** though :) +3
I don't think he was being a **** at all.

It would have been in good taste for you, on the other hand, to just admit your fault and bow out gracefully.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farsight <> ****, Farsight = Insightful and correct.

S

sirrojen

Why can't we all just get along? BTW does any one recommend any repeatable melee doable quests that give strongboxes?

Kahn
120 tactics macing and anatomy, deal with it.

C

Credinus

As has been pointed out by others in this thread, the minotaur quest is -the- repeatable strongbox quest to do with a melee character. It is extremely easy and the strongbox loot is often very good. I only get boxes that have no worthwhile loot in them about 1 in 3 times, while the other two times have 1-2 VERY nice items in the box. For instance, just going with crafting talismans, I found a 25/25 inscription talisman, a 25 exceptional/0 regular bonus inscription (VERY nice for training with spellbooks 90-GM), and a 20/22 tinkering all within 5 quests. In addition, I picked up some great weapons and jewelry, including a bracelet that I instantly started using with my sampire:

+14 swordsmanship
+7 dex
+11% DCI
+10% SDI
+6% LMC

The most tedious and boring part of this quest is getting the map fragments. I recommend, as others have said, going in ahead of time and getting enough minotaur artifacts to last quite a few quests; remember, it's 3 artifacts per quest, so pick up 30 artifacts at least. Next, be prepared to spend a while at the healer's grove in Ilshenar. Not only does it seem to be only about a 25% drop rate of the map fragments from the red healers, but there's also only 2 that spawn at a time, and some times their respawn timers can cause you to wait a couple minutes in between. This is the crappy part of this quest, but luckily you only need one map fragment per quest. Lastly, pick yourself up a butcher's war cleaver and head to Homare. Gaman drop 1-2 horns, although about 1 in 5 will drop none; 20 horns per quest, so if you're stockpiling the horns, this part could take a little while. However, since you've got your war cleaver (or any other skinning item) on hand, you can stock up a nice supply of leather while you're at it as an added bonus.

Seriously, the loot from the strongboxes is fantastic and this quest, while a bit tedious in collecting the items, is very easy and offers very low risk. Plus, you can bring all the items with you to Heartwood and complete the quest many times over without having to leave.

S

sirrojen

Thanks for the awesome response I will be doing this quest for hours tonight! daddy needs some better jewelry!

Chris

C

Credinus

Thanks for the awesome response I will be doing this quest for hours tonight! daddy needs some better jewelry!

Chris

Sure thing. Heh, another reason to do the minotaur quest... Here's a decent PvP weapon I just got out of it:

Ornate Axe
-42% Hit Fire Area
-48% HLD
-42% HLA
-25% SSI
-42% DI

If only the HLD and HLA were replaced with HML and HSL, I'd finally have me a halfway decent sampire weapon.