• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Macros for Tamer/Peace

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The title says it all.

what are the most useful macros you usually have for a Tamer/Peacemaker?

Just looking for some words of wisdom as I have been away for a decade...

Thanks

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the years I've paid attention to anything I do regularly and tried to set macros for those things. So for a tamer I have pet commands set up on different keys. I'll have one set which has commands like "all kill" and some which are done like "fluffy kill" with the pet's name in it. This is handy if you have multiple pets hunting together :)

Before I go any further, if you're using the new Enhanced Client then it's worth looking at this guide to learn how the macros system works there.

Pet commands I use are:

"All stop"
[insert a delay of 1-2 secs]
"All follow me"
(the stop command just gets your pet to stop fighting or defending if it was in combat, otherwise they can sometimes run off to fight when they should be following you :))

"All kill"
(You can have a version of this where you target current or last targets, I also have the verbal command on its own then I can target manually clicking on screen too.)

"All stop" on it's own

"All stay"

Some tamers use "all guard me" too, so you might want to set that up as well.

As for vetting your pets, I did a post in the FAQ which explains how I used to set it up. The EC macro page I linked to above has a page on macros for vetting pets etc too. I like to have a vet macro set to cursor so I can vet a stranger's pet, then one for vetting last target if I want to continue healing that pet. Then my macros for vetting my own pets, obviously :)

If you have magery then you may also want a macro set up for casting heal on your pet. In the EC you can be sneaky and set it up to repeat a macro of casting heal on your pet. You might need a short delay at the end of the macro itself so you aren't trying to cast faster than the game lets you heh. But it's handy if you're in a long fight where you can't stand safely with your pet to vet it.

You'll also want macros for your magery stuff you do regularly too - like invis then target yourself, heal yourself and cure yourself.

Peacemaking... well area peace is one macro you'll want, the other being your macro to peace the current or last target, and peace with cursor target so you can target something manually. You might also want to set macros for the barding spells themselves if you want to use them.

Oh and if your taming new pets then you'll want to get a macro for loring and then taming a pet.

Hope that's enough to get you started, but just yell if you need more help :)

Wenchy

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the info, it's quite hepful.

I just got my barding spells after you mentioned them here. I didn't even know they existed now!

Last edited:

scynx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm using the EC and I prefer tab targeting, so most of my spells are set to 'target current', which is easy to do by right-clicking the spell on the hotbar. However, this does not work for macros. So when I try to create an 'all kill' macro which would use my current target, I'm running into some problems. I can only find a 'cursor current target' option, which brings up the cursor every time I try to use my all kill macro. The pets won't act until I click on my target, instead of moving right away.

How did you guys manage to set this up correctly, it's driving me nuts that I have to constantly click on the target.