• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best hit effect PvP

Best Hit Effect

• Lightning

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Fireball

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Harm

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Magic Arrow

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went with fireball because even though lighting does more damage it often causes a stutter effect in movement which can be an issue with bows.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
IIRC lightning takes effect before hit and fireball after the hit.
So if you use paralaze special move you'd better use lightning.

If you use moving shot special move you'd better use firtball.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ CorwinXX good point on that for the most part I am thinking like an archer for pvp your right its a toss up based on dexxer or archer.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I was thinking more of melee warrior when I made the poll. But that's an excellent point Corwin. Harm is another of those ones where I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the actual spell is based on distance from target, but is the hit effect the same and if so, at a 1 tile distance I'm pretty sure it still does less than Lightning.

I always assumed Lightning was the clear choice, but wanted other's opinions. Plus it seems like there's people who wonder these same things but never ask.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I was thinking more of melee warrior when I made the poll. But that's an excellent point Corwin. Harm is another of those ones where I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the actual spell is based on distance from target, but is the hit effect the same and if so, at a 1 tile distance I'm pretty sure it still does less than Lightning.

I always assumed Lightning was the clear choice, but wanted other's opinions. Plus it seems like there's people who wonder these same things but never ask.
Lighting does more damage and goes in first so for most things and all pvm things I use lightning. For pvp that stutter effect leads me to fire ball as well as the fact that a necro might be able to boost the damage with curse and corpse skin against lower tired suits. But for close in I use lighting on my dexxer weapons. I would say magic arrow is the least useful.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they all have their uses except maybe harm.

lightning is the most dmg, good for paralyzing weapons
fireball is the second highest dmg, but the dmg occurs after, so not good for paralyze, but amazing for spell disrupting.
magic arrow has a little bit different timing than a fireball, does the least damage, but is a great spell disruptor and cheaper (intensity) than a fireball

Z

Zero Day

For burst damage lightning does more damage and hits instantly (actually before the weapon damage)
So for Double strike and para blow use lightning.

For disruption since spell interrupt chance isn't based on damage done staggered damage works out better than burst damage, so Magic Arrow or Fireball work really well. However since damage is delayed, if you proc your spell after landing a para hit, the delayed damage will break the paralysis.
Also in double proc events, (Double Arrow, or Double strike) even if you proc both times you won't and get 2 effects, the damage will only be dealt once. Magic arrow delay, sound effect, and animation also much shorter than fireball so tend to have less rubber band effect.

Have to check, but I believe slayer damage is interrupted by spell procs, though that may just be on instant spell procs like lighting and harm.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends on what you're fighting. If you're fighting against a melee/archer, Lightning. If you're fighting against a Mage, Fireball. Since the Fireball has a delayed effect, it'll likely interrupt the next spell they try to rapidly cast. Plus, i wouldn't worry about the delayed Fireball breaking a Paralyze on a Mage. Paralyzing Blow isn't too useful against Mages, since they'll likely be in the middle of spellcasting when you hit them, meaning they already can't move or act, so you get a message like this "This opponent is already paralyzed". Especially since they put diminishing returns on the Para Blow special. Not to mention, even though Nerve Strike will fail to paralyze in that situation, it'll still expend Mana since the extra damage still went off.