• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best general build for high intensity lesser hiryu?

Jaida

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I just tamed a lesser hiryu rated at 102.99% intensity, and I would like a general build to help maximize its potential. It's a regular, so please don't tell me to scrap him for a pretty color (to no one in particular *cough* Pawain :p).

Here is a screenshot from UO-CAH's pet intensity calculator:

1676808929382.png

And this is my proposed build:

1676813750292.png

Magic/Abilities: Chiv/AI? Seems a bit boring but also seems to be the most logical and practical choice. Can anyone offer a better alternative? I already have a Bush/FzWW/AI lesser.

HP/Mana: Not really sure how to balance these two out. I read that having too much HP is a waste, so I thought it would be better to max out mana first? Is this correct?

Resists: 80/80/70/60/75. I have read a lot of posts regarding resists (made my head hurt), and this is one I haven't seen but have tried and liked. I already have pets with 80/80/45/80/80, 80/75/70/70/70, 80/80/65/60/80, 80/80/60/65/80, 75/75/70/70/75 and 73/73/73/73/73. I like 80/80/70/60/75 for a general pet. Any different suggestions?

Scrolls: I seem to be chronically poor due to buying a lot of pretty pixels I have no use for, so it will take awhile to scroll this guy properly, but I will make sure to leave enough points for all 120s. The most important skills to scroll first seem to be Wrestle, Resist, and Parry? In that particular order? Should I start with 110s on the other skills or leave them and wait what will seem like eternity for the 120s?

Tamer Build: Either Disco Weaver (love), Death Ray Weaver (seems cool and would like to try), or Necro Weaver (trying to figure this one out). I also have a 4x120 bard on another account for support.

I think I covered most of the bases. Sorry for all the questions and thank you for your time! :)

Attachments

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
With 107.1 wrestling you can give it to your sampire and use it to debuff UEV for 15 physical resist. If they switch aggro to pet -mount and it is safe.

Jaida

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
With 107.1 wrestling you can give it to your sampire and use it to debuff UEV for 15 physical resist. If they switch aggro to pet -mount and it is safe.
I currently use a triton with feint to tank UEV for my sampire with my disco weaver tamer. I like riding my armored swampie with my samp, but if riding a lesser is better for UEV, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I currently use a triton with feint to tank UEV for my sampire with my disco weaver tamer. I like riding my armored swampie with my samp, but if riding a lesser is better for UEV, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.
UEV delivers very little damage to elf with +5 enhanced armor in energy resist.
You ride lesser , start hitting then dismount and get grasping claw applied from time to time (nice debuff if you are using physical weapon)

I tried 122 Triton with 88 energy resist. Being 3-slot(but with trained healing, sure) it can tank UEV by itself with no feint , or 2*discorded UEV. So your tamer can first make something 2-slot of that lesser , just for fun. You can continue training later.
So you can combine this LH with crap Triton you about to poof , train each just 1 level (nausea +AP for Triton) and tank +debuff that UEV.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The build looks good.

Yes, I would say kill it and go get a color as you know. :)

It will make you a fine companion on your killing sprees.

Jaida

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UEV delivers very little damage to elf with +5 enhanced armor in energy resist.
You ride lesser , start hitting then dismount and get grasping claw applied from time to time (nice debuff if you are using physical weapon)

I tried 122 Triton with 88 energy resist. Being 3-slot(but with trained healing, sure) it can tank UEV by itself with no feint , or 2*discorded UEV. So your tamer can first make something 2-slot of that lesser , just for fun. You can continue training later.
So you can combine this LH with crap Triton you about to poof , train each just 1 level (nausea +AP for Triton) and tank +debuff that UEV.
I will have to give this a try! Thanks! :)

Jaida

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The build looks good.

Yes, I would say kill it and go get a color as you know. :)

It will make you a fine companion on your killing sprees.
I am pickier about pretty colored cus than lessers... maybe I'm more of a dog person than a bird person (wubba lubba dub dub!)

Ungoliant

Journeyman
(nice debuff if you are using physical weapon)
Not on the topic and please forgive me if you know this already. UEVs lowest resist is poison.. Make a 100% poison bladed staff and wreak havoc on UEVs. Kill 2 at a time using momentum strike.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Not on the topic and please forgive me if you know this already. UEVs lowest resist is poison.. Make a 100% poison bladed staff and wreak havoc on UEVs. Kill 2 at a time using momentum strike.
I know this but for physical one you don't need to reforge, some UEV have lowest in physical, and grasping claw is what I am working on now to utilize it at its best . My target is to overperform bladed staff.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
I know this but for physical one you don't need to reforge, some UEV have lowest in physical, and grasping claw is what I am working on now to utilize it at its best . My target is to overperform bladed staff.
I am picking up what you are laying down.. agreed on the grasping claw... especially when combined with momentum strike on 2 at a time.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My midnight blue lesser hiryu is like a 108% intensity or some insane craziness and has full 120's (one of only three pets that do) and I put Chiv/AI on him.

I am also partial to the Bushido/FWW build because the FWW adds Ninjitsu, and that's a natsy combination. :) But I am also partial to builds that are NOT Chiv/AI because I feel like that build is so overly used on pets. (I'm stubborn.)

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Jennifer-Marie lots depend on your tamer : skills and gameplay preferences.
If you prefer active melee style you can try 3 slot AP+Disco lesser(no STR increase , resists and HP only) with Nausea +RC (rest points in HP+resists) 2slot giant beetle. Powerful debuff combination but you need to be pretty fast in ping and hands to keep them alive. Which looks like "if mob switch to given pet heal it of poison and mount it".
Or 4-slot disco lesser for archer. Allowing you to ride ethy or swampy. Need 73-75 real taming/lore + 35 on imbued jewels and library tali to tell pet "guard me" and switch to warrior set . But also not easy to play.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I just do a straight mage/tamer build with pets. So all of my pet advice comes from that place.
Now it is time between limited time events , so I am using it to try different builds for pets and tamer. Including utilizing bushido ability to control not trained lesser.