• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

best damage type/area effect spell for different slayers

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm about to do a few new sets of pvm super slayers.

i was wondering if there is a consensus on what is the best damage type and best hit area effect for each super slayer group.

here are my guesses:

undead - fire
reptile - cold
demon - energy
repond - cold
arachnid - fire
elemental - chaos

any input would be appreciated. thanks!

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Repond is Fire, with Frost Trolls and Arctic Ogre Lords. Most other Reponds have Cold Resist that is equal to their Fire Resist. Corpse Skin makes Fire an even better option.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is no best...period. for doing baracoon champ spawn a repond with 100 energy exceeds all other if you crunch the numbers...but if you are doing arctic ogre lords it is fire.... there is no simple best. Especially if you get to elemental. And chaos damage can be a total waste, since many elementals are 100 resistant to a particular type of damage...so if chaos bow selects poison damage against a poison elemental...you are screwed. Short answer is there is no short answer...you have to figure out what you hunt and plan accordingly....then make lesser slayers for other things!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Agree with Timber, there's a lot of variance. I would say the best way to go about it is to do it for the last two levels of each champ spawn, and the monster that is the hardest out of the two. For example on Demon spawn Demons are weakest to Poison, Succubi weakest to Cold, but Demons die easier in the first place so go for Cold.

Arachnid and Undead go for Fire. Reptile is Cold for some things Poison for others, I seem to remember doing Fire for Ophidians (an invasion) but that might just have been because I liked the sound effect lol.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to bump an old thread but better than making a new one I guess.

I'm planning on making a set of super slayer short bows to use at champ spawns. I'm going to go for 100% elemental with the equivalent hit area damage.

Undead and arachnid will be fire but would repond be cold? and are the listings in the first post correct? (with regards to champ spawns).

Listing from above:

undead - fire
reptile - cold
demon - energy
repond - cold
arachnid - fire
elemental - chaos

Also with reforging the bows to get 100% elemental damage what hammer and setup do I need? I'm guessing "of quality" but what kit and do I need powerful etc?

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sorry to bump an old thread but better than making a new one I guess.

I'm planning on making a set of super slayer short bows to use at champ spawns. I'm going to go for 100% elemental with the equivalent hit area damage.

Undead and arachnid will be fire but would repond be cold? and are the listings in the first post correct? (with regards to champ spawns).

Listing from above:

undead - fire
reptile - cold
demon - energy
repond - cold
arachnid - fire
elemental - chaos

Also with reforging the bows to get 100% elemental damage what hammer and setup do I need? I'm guessing "of quality" but what kit and do I need powerful etc?
I use energy for repond slayer and physical for elemental slayer.

If you want to hedge your bets on repond, you could make the area effect a different elemental than what the primary damage elemental is.