• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Cu Ever?

• Thread starter NothingTooFancy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
N

NothingTooFancy

hehe i just tamed this cu and it is pretty crazy
hp-579
str-612
dex-125
int-280
65/45/83/49/84
4 BELOW PERFECT RESISTS thats just nuts with max str too and decent hit points
this has to be one of the sweetest cus ive ever seen its a 4.7 on the pet calculator

just to see how it stacks up post your best cu

and anyone know what a really good cu would go for? (in case i ever sell it)

P

Prudentis

Great pet.
And I know how you must have felt, since last week I tamed near-perfect WW
(70, 22, 90, 50, 50)
Gratz, on your Cu Sidhe, I haven't been able to find a decent Cu yet.

A

Antion_Vallin

<center>
</center>

The BEST Cu Sidhe would be one with around those stats, but has a colored hue. As far as I'm concerned if that was just an uncolored Cu you happen to stumble upon then it's no different than if you were farming for stats alone and isn't worth anything, at least not to me.

Not saying someone wouldn't buy it anyway, just saying I wouldn't.

B

bearsfan

<blockquote><hr>

<center>
</center>

The BEST Cu Sidhe would be one with around those stats, but has a colored hue. As far as I'm concerned if that was just an uncolored Cu you happen to stumble upon then it's no different than if you were farming for stats alone and isn't worth anything, at least not to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

To me, this Cu is worthless regardless of color. It's rating is 2.7 because it's resists suck. Stats and HP are awesome, sure, but how good are those when your pet can't resist even a little bit of fire?

I'd much rather have a plain Cu that doesn't have as good as stats, but near perfect resists. Of course, I'm a little biased, because that's what I do have.

A

Antion_Vallin

Guess it takes all kinds of openions to determine worthless and priceless. Tamed this Cu just because I wanted the color, the near cap STR and HP were just a bonus I realized only after taming it. As far as fire damage goes, why would I use a Cu against a heavy fire dealer regardless of how close to the cap their fire resistance is? Got plenty of other pets for such an occasion. Been useing this Cu lately only for the purpose of farming Arctic Ogre Lords for Honor rating.

Regardless, the question was about the <u>BEST</u> Cu ever. It's easy to find something like a Greater Dragon, Reptalon or other single hue creature with the closest perfect stats available and say it's the <u>BEST</u>, but as far as creatures like Cu Sidhe and Hiryu which come in an array of colors the color does indeed play a factor. You cannot claim to have the <u>BEST</u> of these creatures without having a unique color, at least something other than a normal color.

To answer the question, it's pretty much not the <u>BEST</u> Cu Sidhe unless it's a perfect stat blaze color.

I

imported_Sarphus

that cu isn't very good... horrible resists, but I think it's a mistake to use people's rating calculators because it leaves you at the mercy of their understanding of what makes a creature good.

I don't use anyone's rating calculator because I've yet to see one that evaluates creatures well.

as for the OP's cu. It's really good. The most important thing on a cu is resists. The next most important thing are HP. STR is pretty much irrelevant (too low of a variance) and the other stats ARE irrelevant

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

I don't use anyone's rating calculator because I've yet to see one that evaluates creatures well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm working on it

G

<blockquote><hr>

<center>
</center>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the OP's Cu every day of the week over that one, and the OP's will outperform it in virtually every situation. When it comes to "perfect" pets, color doesn't matter, performance does, and that means resists, hp's and then other stats. Color is just a variable added to appease the player base, it doesn't mean squat when it comes to determining the perfect pet. Would a colored cu with the same stats as the OP's be worth more? Perhaps, depending on color..on my shard that means white/black/blaze...pretty much any other color would add no value to the pup. FWIW.

I

imported_Desolation87

Definition of perfect

a: being entirely without fault or defect : flawless &lt;a perfect diamond&gt; b: satisfying all requirements : accurate c: corresponding to an ideal standard or abstract concept &lt;a perfect gentleman&gt;

So for a CU to be PERFECT it has to be blaze.

Sure the best would have awesome resists like OP. But perfect, which I doubt anyone will ever tame will have 100% resists and be blaze. If it wasn't blaze, the first thing people would point out is that, ' Yeh, well, it's not blaze coloured....'

G

<blockquote><hr>

Definition of perfect

a: being entirely without fault or defect : flawless &lt;a perfect diamond&gt; b: satisfying all requirements : accurate c: corresponding to an ideal standard or abstract concept &lt;a perfect gentleman&gt;

Sure the best would have awesome resists like OP. But perfect, which I doubt anyone will ever tame will have 100% resists and be blaze. If it wasn't blaze, the first thing people would point out is that, ' Yeh, well, it's not blaze coloured....'

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Again, the color is a WANT, not a defination of what is "perfection". Perfection, as you defined it, would be a Cu with 600 HP's, 612 str, max other stats and perfect resists. Color is not a factor in perfection other than an individual's color preference. Personally, I find blaze cu's to be somewhat obnoxious in color. It's not MY idea of pefection. Perfection to me would be a white or black with perfect stats. Would I take a blaze? Sure, but unlikely to keep...I would see it as a revenue source to others who do value that color. Blaze is "worth" more due to rarity of spawn, but in my view that is a different standard than judging the perfection of the pet, which is, and should be, based on resists/stats/hp's. JMO.

I

imported_Sarphus

blaze just makes it rarely colored... imo perfection is based solely on stats. rarity is based on other things

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

Definition of perfect

[/ QUOTE ]

My tamers own cu sidhe because they are useful in certain situations; however, for the most part I really don't care for them. Great resists and good stats are what I value in a cu sidhe; color is immaterial. I would keep a blaze cu if someone gave me one as a gift; however, I doubt I'll ever be tempted into spending the gold to acquire one and would have to be extremely bored to even consider spending the time to kill cus in order to force one to spawn.

G

These are my two working pups, I could care less about colour. I've just not been able to better either of these and wouldn't part with them anyway.

Epheme, the grey, has looong since been trained - these screenies are old!

Here's Percy, pretty but suffers from glass jaw syndrome. He did well at the Grim Reaper Halloween event lol.

G

The easiest way to look at this is one must qualify the word perfect. Perfect fighter, or perfect companion. A world of difference there.

Ill take a white fighter over a blaze gimp any day of the week.

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<center>
</center>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take the OP's Cu every day of the week over that one, and the OP's will outperform it in virtually every situation. When it comes to "perfect" pets, color doesn't matter, performance does, and that means resists, hp's and then other stats. Color is just a variable added to appease the player base, it doesn't mean squat when it comes to determining the perfect pet. Would a colored cu with the same stats as the OP's be worth more? Perhaps, depending on color..on my shard that means white/black/blaze...pretty much any other color would add no value to the pup. FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]You won't look as sexy as me riding a normal Cu. Believe it or not, if you can't tell by the number of players riding a neon color mount and wearing matching neon clothing, looks DO count.

<center>
</center>

Case in point, this is what my Archer would look like if Reptalons flew while ridden. I took Taming and Lore on my Archer because I could fit the skills in his template. Not for the effectiveness of said skills, but so that he could ride a Reptalon, an arguably weak yet cool looking mount.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You won't look as sexy as me riding a normal Cu. Believe it or not, if you can't tell by the number of players riding a neon color mount and wearing matching neon clothing, looks DO count.
[/i]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks don't mean squat to me when I'm getting chased down by a para baldron, ancient wyrm, or some such critter. Results count. You can't see how pretty the world is when it's all in shades of grey.

G

Ice White (sry don't want to take the time to upload pics):

599 HP

60/42/79/46/75

G

Ice White (sry don't want to take the time to upload pics):

599 HP

60/42/79/46/75

G

I dare you to wear a gold suit in RL for a week and see how many folks say how sexy you look *wink*

Seriously, I'd take the norms and natural looking coloured pups over blaze and blue any day. Blue dogs just look cold and neglected... or like a poodle that's been dunked into a pot of food colour. Big poodle mind you!

And the least sexy thing is someone who thinks they are

Wenchy

G

I dare you to wear a gold suit in RL for a week and see how many folks say how sexy you look *wink*

Seriously, I'd take the norms and natural looking coloured pups over blaze and blue any day. Blue dogs just look cold and neglected... or like a poodle that's been dunked into a pot of food colour. Big poodle mind you!

And the least sexy thing is someone who thinks they are

Wenchy

5% Luck

Mines a plain cu. 3rd one I tamed.

-3 hp
-13 resists (max phys,fire,poison)

Thats - from max Btw

5% Luck

Mines a plain cu. 3rd one I tamed.

-3 hp
-13 resists (max phys,fire,poison)

Thats - from max Btw

P

Prudentis

I hope you all see, that it si a very philosophic topic, you are discussing and that "right" or "wrong" is not possible. Only if someone doesnn't understand what I just wrote is he "wrong"
in the way, that he doesn't understand that if something defines as perfect for me than that it
IS perfect. Perception is subjective.
Aibal, you are right, but what youe are talking about is what perfect is for you.
Desolation87 has put it much better, because he defines perfection much broader. His definition includes yours and mine and anyone elses

My perfect Cu, would be a white or black one with perfect stats. An uncolored one would just be a perfect fighting Cu.

P

Prudentis

I hope you all see, that it si a very philosophic topic, you are discussing and that "right" or "wrong" is not possible. Only if someone doesnn't understand what I just wrote is he "wrong"
in the way, that he doesn't understand that if something defines as perfect for me than that it
IS perfect. Perception is subjective.
Aibal, you are right, but what youe are talking about is what perfect is for you.
Desolation87 has put it much better, because he defines perfection much broader. His definition includes yours and mine and anyone elses

My perfect Cu, would be a white or black one with perfect stats. An uncolored one would just be a perfect fighting Cu.

R

rlpederson1102

Just yesterday i got a pure white cu
hits 517,dex81,mana 290,strength 600, phys. 63, fire 36, cold 84, poison 49, energy 85. I know strength and hits are low but i usually tame for resists and color, so I think this one was and awesome find.

As a side note, anyone know what pure whites are going for, fully trained, nowadays.

R

rlpederson1102

Just yesterday i got a pure white cu
hits 517,dex81,mana 290,strength 600, phys. 63, fire 36, cold 84, poison 49, energy 85. I know strength and hits are low but i usually tame for resists and color, so I think this one was and awesome find.

As a side note, anyone know what pure whites are going for, fully trained, nowadays.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Perfect Cu.... I don't care what people say, the perfect Cu would be a Blaze with perfect stats/resists.

If you were to own a perfect car, would it have an awesome engine, drive train, suspension, yet have dents all over it and have two tone primer paint? Of course not!

Now, if you were to say Perfect Score Cu, then the numbers would be all thats evaluated. To say Perfect Cu means everything about the Cu, including it's color.

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Perfect Cu.... I don't care what people say, the perfect Cu would be a Blaze with perfect stats/resists.

If you were to own a perfect car, would it have an awesome engine, drive train, suspension, yet have dents all over it and have two tone primer paint? Of course not!

Now, if you were to say Perfect Score Cu, then the numbers would be all thats evaluated. To say Perfect Cu means everything about the Cu, including it's color.

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
<center>

I think I'd look pretty pimp if I do say so myself.
</center>

A

Antion_Vallin

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
<center>

I think I'd look pretty pimp if I do say so myself.
</center>

I

imported_Desolation87

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

Imagine this. Two CUs, both with 100% stats. Yet one is normal coloured, the other blaze. Which holds more value? The blaze. Meaning the normal coloured one could be improved and thus, not perfect.

Like Prudentis said - a 100%-stat-normal-coloured CU. Would be the perfect fighting CU, not hower, the perfect CU.

I

imported_Desolation87

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

Imagine this. Two CUs, both with 100% stats. Yet one is normal coloured, the other blaze. Which holds more value? The blaze. Meaning the normal coloured one could be improved and thus, not perfect.

Like Prudentis said - a 100%-stat-normal-coloured CU. Would be the perfect fighting CU, not hower, the perfect CU.

G

Why would a non-blaze pup be the equivalent of a car with "dents all over it" and "two tone primer paint"?

A non-blaze pup doesn't have a damaged finish, surely a more accurate comparison would be between a silver car, a red car, a black car, a blue car, metallic / non-metallic paint, chrome fittings etc... all of which are a matter of personal taste.

People prize different qualities.

A different colour isn't an indication of a damaged finish... if any pup should be referred to as having "dents all over it", surely it would be the shiny-but-weak blaze pup chosen by its owner for colour rather than ability as it will suffer worse damage in a fight, bleed more and end up with more scrapes, cuts and bruises!

I'm biased, I've never even seen a blaze cu in game and I love my pups regardless of colour!

G

Why would a non-blaze pup be the equivalent of a car with "dents all over it" and "two tone primer paint"?

A non-blaze pup doesn't have a damaged finish, surely a more accurate comparison would be between a silver car, a red car, a black car, a blue car, metallic / non-metallic paint, chrome fittings etc... all of which are a matter of personal taste.

People prize different qualities.

A different colour isn't an indication of a damaged finish... if any pup should be referred to as having "dents all over it", surely it would be the shiny-but-weak blaze pup chosen by its owner for colour rather than ability as it will suffer worse damage in a fight, bleed more and end up with more scrapes, cuts and bruises!

I'm biased, I've never even seen a blaze cu in game and I love my pups regardless of colour!

G

Doesn't that rather depend on whether blaze is universally accepted as the best possible colour (rather than the just rarest)?

When it comes to the stat and resist numbers there is a maximum, so there can be no argument on how "perfection" in that sense is defined, it must be the maximum possible stat / resist.

When it comes to an aesthetic, such as colour, personal taste is a factor and "perfection" will be different to different people.

What about hair colour? Eye colour? Skin colour? The rarest colours aren't necessarily accepted as "perfection".

Now, if the question was what would be the most valuable cu sidhe, obviously a perfect stat / resist blaze pup would fetch the most gold...

G

Doesn't that rather depend on whether blaze is universally accepted as the best possible colour (rather than the just rarest)?

When it comes to the stat and resist numbers there is a maximum, so there can be no argument on how "perfection" in that sense is defined, it must be the maximum possible stat / resist.

When it comes to an aesthetic, such as colour, personal taste is a factor and "perfection" will be different to different people.

What about hair colour? Eye colour? Skin colour? The rarest colours aren't necessarily accepted as "perfection".

Now, if the question was what would be the most valuable cu sidhe, obviously a perfect stat / resist blaze pup would fetch the most gold...

G

ROFLMAO

It doesn't happen often, but I'm at a loss for words

Wenchy

G

ROFLMAO

It doesn't happen often, but I'm at a loss for words

Wenchy