• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best bard skill for tamer

Tectop

Journeyman
What would be the best bard skill to use for a tamer to have for PvM hunting,,.I thinking peace.or disc and only have room for one
Thanks

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO, disco.

My bard/tamer has room for two bard skills and disco is permanent. I normally use provo as the second skill but I will swap it out with peace if the situation dictates.

Tectop

Journeyman
Mind if I ask what skill normal taming skill your leaving off to fit 2 bard skills.Right now my tamer has music and peace and was wondering if peace is really giving me the biggest bang for my buck

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2017-1-14_15-3-48.png 720 real skill 830 with add ons and as soon as I get another 120 Mage it will be 840 total.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I also run a peace/disco/tamer, but in my case I go with 3x120 music/disco/peace so that the peace mastery has almost full effect:

This template requires a ton of items to work, but I do enjoy it a fair bit. I am intending to make a clone of it with provo replacing disco so I can use both at the roof.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For areas where there are many monsters, I've found that 120 Music & 120 Provoke works really well. I can really do some damage at champ spawns with my greater dragon, plus the ability provoke other monsters onto each other. Provoke saved my hide many times over - when id get attacked, id provoke the attackers onto other nearby creatures.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What would be the best bard skill to use for a tamer to have for PvM hunting,,.I thinking peace.or disc and only have room for one
Thanks
If you can only pick only one, go with Disco.

You can take something like Bealank's template above... but replace the Peace with either Eval Intel, Spellweaving, or boosting up Magery and Meditation.

Good luck!

Tectop

Journeyman
I just don't see me being lasting long without meditation. When casting greater heal on drag and helping heal other drags I will go through mana fast . As of now I carry peace but really thinking about changing it.
Thank you all for your help and please feel free to add to it.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just don't see me being lasting long without meditation. When casting greater heal on drag and helping heal other drags I will go through mana fast . As of now I carry peace but really thinking about changing it.
Thank you all for your help and please feel free to add to it.
Have mana and MR on your suit also havwe a bunch of aids. There are a lot of MOBS that you can stand behind your GD and heal with aids.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I usually heal using vet. With the 27 DCI, 27% damage reduction, 19 HPR from peace and the discoed mob, my need for healing my turtle is usually greatly reduced.