• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Belfry

Grugot

Journeyman
What weapon would you recommend for the Belfry for a Sampire? Reptile double axe with what other stats?

Grugot

Journeyman
Yeah, its bad, just read that it is only self repair that falls off.

So sad. I got cold dmg after only 2... back to the drawing board

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bladed staff for AI over the ax no need for ww
I can't remember the Dragon resists but I believe the cold is still pretty low so 100% Cold double axe is going to do more damage than a bladed staff because you can use onslaught + double strike which is going to hit for more per special than AI.

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something like this if you have 100% DI on your suit. If you don't I wouldn't put life leech on it !. As Keven2002 said I find double axe/double strike is better, especially if your solo

Attachments

Grugot

Journeyman
Cool. Thanks for the advice. Now I have a couple of elemental bladed staffs that I don't know what to do with.

I also appreciate the screenshot showing me exactly the type. I kept seeing that you need a dragon slayer but a reptile slayer is just the super slayer, so why not list that. Anyways, i'm a 100% DI on my equipment and also got enough SSI on my equipment to not need it on the weapon. I should be able to make one like yours. Except on the lower defense. Would you still put lower defense on your weapon if you used the prismatic lenses?

Last edited:

egglett

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon slayer will give more damage but has less versatility (I carry enough weapons as it is :)) I get by fine with this !
Expect to die a few times when you first start trying it if solo

Grugot

Journeyman
I've tried it solo a number of times with a dragon slayer weapon and died every time. But it was a crappy weapon as i made it early on in my imbuing career.

1686871838745.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I've tried it solo a number of times with a dragon slayer weapon and died every time. But it was a crappy weapon as i made it early on in my imbuing career.
1- no need exceptional. Vendor bought 2 hand weapon is enough if you have no overcapped hit spell
2- no SSI on weapon - it'll reduce Mana leech
3- add stamina and life leech in slots where you have DI and SSI
Reforge for 70 % cold damage then enhance (success chance is pretty high holding +60 hammer)

P.S. Two Handed Axe have even higher damage if you have enough SSI on your suit and need no whirlwind.

Attachments

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't remember the Dragon resists but I believe the cold is still pretty low so 100% Cold double axe is going to do more damage than a bladed staff because you can use onslaught + double strike which is going to hit for more per special than AI.
Problem isn't the Greater Dragon's resists, it's his very high Wrest/Parry skill, which makes it difficult to land hits on him. Landing two hits in a row with Double Strike against him isn't that common, which is why AI with a Dragon Slayer Bladed Staff actually dishes out more damage to him, since DS has to land both hits to out damage AI.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Problem isn't the Greater Dragon's resists, it's his very high Wrest/Parry skill, which makes it difficult to land hits on him. Landing two hits in a row with Double Strike against him isn't that common, which is why AI with a Dragon Slayer Bladed Staff actually dishes out more damage to him, since DS has to land both hits to out damage AI.
Two 2-slot ferrets with Aura of Nausea possibly will help you hit that dragon more often.

Grugot

Journeyman
My weapon of choice. I have a bard on a second account. I brought him and did the peacemaking mastery. I didnt try discording the dragon. I will have to try that next time.

That dragon sure does hit hard. I couldnt' imagine having the life leech any lower. I'd lose almost half my hit points with one hit and regain it with my hit. Evasion sure came in handy a few times.

1687262080830.png

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if incoming damage is a problem for you you might want to switch to a 100% cold dmg daisho. Use evasion and when you're on cooldown for evasion use feint to cut all incoming dmg in half, the rest of the time use onslaught and double strike with counter attack up at all times.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The bard should discord, and the bard should use a ranged weapon with HLD [+HLA] as well (the bard won’t damage from the ground, but the hit effect applies).
you may also want to try the Provo masteries. Keep bard within range of 8 tiles for mastery.

Grugot

Journeyman
I did not think the bard could have hit the dragon with the discord from down below. But now that I think about it, the fact that I was able to honor him on my sampire should make it that the bard can discord.

I've only tried the provo masteries once and that was with Nierra. She kept casting spells and throwing stuff at my bard while my sampire was on her. Not sure if the dragon would do the same but it gets hard trying to maintain two toons if both are taking hits. Especially with that dragon.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Grugot bards area Peace +invisible spell after I jump on pedestal let's my gargoyle relogin to get pet next to her to fight the dragon. Of course with mastery turned off. I did it not many times but belfry don't switch target to a bard .

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You can peace the dragon?
you can area Peace (peacemaking on self) almost everything. including dragon, and with 100% chance. Duration is short but enough to use invisibility and foe will forget about you(will not use reveal spell). Not working on mobs who are immune to bard skills.