• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

beginning lockpicking on Siege

• Thread starter Dire Wolf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

Dire Wolf

got up to 25 on siege trying to pick a paragon chest, then it stopped, so I went to provisioners and the gains are slow, any other ideas? I am limited due to the fact that I cant have a tinker character to make chests to pick, any other ways? should i try to find some treasure chests level 1 or 2???

W

-Whiskey-

you should really be raising those skills together atleast until Rot LP & Tink

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well since Seige has similar layout to other shards go to Vesper Bank the rooms in back have locked chests. The room with the most chests are all lvl1 and 2, the other rooms are lvls 2 and 3 which makes for a good place for training. The chests relock when the room resets (should see chests be moved around in room) it resets about every 15-20mins

JasmineSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I trained LP (a long time ago) I did it by walking around Safe Haven picking (or trying to) gypsy chests. It was kinda slow, but that's how I made my gold in the beginning since killing brigands was about my only skill as a newborn tamer. SP being what it is, I met some really great people wandering around and ya, sometimes they killed me first.

Later, the guild THB was started on SP by Lindisfarne. The guildhouse contains boxes to train with, a full rune library, and supplies. THB has helped many young treasure hunters on our shard. A post on the SP shard forum or PM to either Lindisfarne or Bennos would be the best way to get their help.

On SP crafting is an important part of life and we have many fine crafters who could make you whatever items you need to train with. Most would be happy to help a young player. Instead of listing all the reputable crafters that I can think of, I think it would be better or make a post on the SP shard forum to introduce yourself and list any things that you need to train up with.

My vendor shop carries some things that you might find useful at some point, especially the skill jewery and LRC armor. If you're looking anything you can PM me or ICQ me at 95865467
if I don't stock it I'll probably know a vendor that does.

JasmineSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wolf, I'm gonna try getting you some lockable boxes and picks by trading this +15 music 95 luck brace I just dug up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go around the docks, pick the barrels. Not all are pickable, and not all are the same level, but there are lots of them about. Jhelom has 2 areas, skara has a few, Glow has some Brit hasn't. Ocllo has. Also you can pick chests in inns. Skara is good for that one.

JasmineSP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I picked up some picks and lockable boxes. I dropped them off at the THB guildhouse inside a chest on the first floor. Any THB membor or myself can get them for you when we're on.

D

Dire Wolf

I'm at 95 now and stopped gaining until i tried dungeon chests, now gaining again in Destard:

"Once you have reached 95 enhanced skill, you will no longer be able to gain from the GM boxes. Some people believe that it does help to run through them a few times, even though you will not raise from them. Whether you do this or not is up to you. The only way to raise now is to hit the dungeon chests and the harder statics in towns and dungeons. "