• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beginner, need help buying for PS2

E

EphToast

Hi all, I'm looking to buy this for my PS2 but I only have a slim one and I found out that won't work. I found a fat PS2 plus FFXI, the HDD, the network connector, and everything on eBay for a large but not outrageous price. The seller says he sold his account to someone. Can anyone tell me, if I buy this stuff from him, will I be able to set up a new account of my own on his equipment? I'm confused about what I read; it seems like POL may not allow you to create a new account on a used HDD, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding it right. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. Pls don't advise I get it for PC; I use a Mac. :)

J

jamison

you'll be able to get into the game, but you'll have to re-buy the FINAL FANTASY XI software. You need the code that is included with the software to create an account. If this has already been used, you'll need a new code.

T

tanls

Aren't you able to buy a new code from SE? Thought you could.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm fairly sure that we can only buy expansion pack registration codes, and not the main game's codes.

T

tanls

Thought you could buy for the main game too. Especially now that they have offered D2D downloading. Could be wrong. I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt to ask SE though.

E

EphToast

Thanks for the advice, as it turns out the guy is a programmer and fixed it somehow so I could use the equipment without any trouble. I'm now all set up and it plays fine.