• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been having a problem with mage casting in EC.

G

Garrett

So I'm not exactly sure what is going on when I try to cast. I'm 2/6 and casting simple things/combos I know I can do in the 2D client, but when I try them in EC the spells won't show up. I get no message about waiting to recover and if I hit the hotkey multiple times it will eventually go off but I am assuming that's now how it's supposed to be.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I'm not exactly sure what is going on when I try to cast. I'm 2/6 and casting simple things/combos I know I can do in the 2D client, but when I try them in EC the spells won't show up. I get no message about waiting to recover and if I hit the hotkey multiple times it will eventually go off but I am assuming that's now how it's supposed to be.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
My guess is you're messing up with targeting.

There is some info about that here:
http://spellweave.com/samacrosactions.html

Z

Zero Day

If you are using the new targetting system instead of legacy this will throw spell timing off.
This isn't so much on the fault of the client.
New targeting system is really similar to casting a spell while holding down your last target macro.

G

Garrett

It does it with both targeting systems. and it's more the delay between spells than how fast they are. In 2D i can just *cast**target**cast* while in EC I have to *cast**target**wait**cast* or the spell never shows.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having this same problem.

Anyone know the cause? and a fix?

This is the only problem(client side) that sends me back to 2D with frustration

C

Cloak&Dagger

I am having this same problem.

Anyone know the cause? and a fix?

This is the only problem(client side) that sends me back to 2D with frustration
I think this is a visual limitation, you are use to how the 2d client registers. I suggest it this way because for awhile I had issues with casting (would over cast constantly, and then to prevent this would cast to slow) but after (I dunno how long I have been using the EC) I am getting the hang of it, granted I can still perform better in the classic client but then....12 years or more using it so I would hope I knew how to do it.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does it with both targeting systems. and it's more the delay between spells than how fast they are. In 2D i can just *cast**target**cast* while in EC I have to *cast**target**wait**cast* or the spell never shows.
You are having the same problem i had in the other thread it sounds.

A dev said he would be looking into it this week.

Its like you cannot chain spells, exp fs, weaken weaken weaken weaken, magic arrow fireball, etc etc. All of this unless you pause inbetween your spells instead of hitting last target immediately when the cursor comes up.

Try this. I'm assuming you are using last target on your mouse wheel like i am. Make a key for last target and try it. To me it worked fine like this, but not right on the mouse wheel =(

With the new targeting system you can cast spells smooth by just hitting the spell key. The spell will auto target your "target". But it sucks because it is semi complicated compared to 2d to switch targets, target ground, teleport, etc etc etc

C

Cloak&Dagger

You are having the same problem i had in the other thread it sounds.

A dev said he would be looking into it this week.

Its like you cannot chain spells, exp fs, weaken weaken weaken weaken, magic arrow fireball, etc etc. All of this unless you pause inbetween your spells instead of hitting last target immediately when the cursor comes up.

Try this. I'm assuming you are using last target on your mouse wheel like i am. Make a key for last target and try it. To me it worked fine like this, but not right on the mouse wheel =(

With the new targeting system you can cast spells smooth by just hitting the spell key. The spell will auto target your "target". But it sucks because it is semi complicated compared to 2d to switch targets, target ground, teleport, etc etc etc
I use one of my mouse buttons for target self and target last so I can not really say if what I posted above is what is happening to you or not, perhaps I will try it with my mouse wheel...except that messes me all up heh.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i just thought of something, and i dunno if its the case until i go home today.

But i wonder if its something from spinning the mouse wheel? like you hit last target 3 or 4 items technically by moving the mouse wheel forward vs simply hitting a key? and maybe there is something with that in the ec?