• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been Gone A While...

• Thread starter imported_Viper
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Viper

does the pvp still consist of groups of archers running around insta killing people or did they fix that yet? *not flaming archers* just curious if its fixed yet because when I quit a person with little to no skill could easily take out a seasoned mage with a good bow

I

imported_JoO

nah they capped armor ignore to 35 damage and word of death only does about 20ish if you arent redlined. The new cool guy thing to do is spam moving shot all day whilst you and %randomnumber friends chase people around.

I

imported_Viper

so for most part are archers still running the game?

T

Tamara9

hehe.... I always liked Iron Bear. Fellow stealthers who competed with each other but always maintained an unspoken level of respect.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fellow stealthers who competed with each other but always maintained an unspoken level of respect

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow does anyone else think that is funny?

P

Philos

I think you are funny.

It probably still sucks Viper. But I don't know, I don't play anymore.

C

Calell

That's right...Phi got married and decided he's too good for all of us now.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

That's right...Phi got married and decided he's too good for all of us now.

[/ QUOTE ]

His girl dont like uo just like mine dont, hehe. I just still able to play a bit. owe BTW hello you too.

On subject. Viper have not PvPed in a while, but last time I did it did not really appeal to me like it used too. I not sure about archers as it was mostly mage on mage or mage on dexer. I do know that archers are still out there some, but not near as bad as they used to be. AI cap and damage work on weps and then lots of peeps finally getting some smarts and putting DCI on suits. All in all. Might try it out. Might not enjoy it, might enjoy it. Who knows. Only way to really know though is to get out and do it.

I

imported_Viper

wow seems like a lot of people quit uo around the same time looks like they decided not to fix pvp resulting in UO slowly dying

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

<blockquote><hr>

wow seems like a lot of people quit uo around the same time looks like they decided not to fix pvp resulting in UO slowly dying

[/ QUOTE ]

Two types of people have quit UO.

1. The people who couldn't stand the gimpness.

and after the PvP Publish

2. The Gimps who couldn't handle balanced PvP.

PvP is more balanced than anytime since AOS release. Templates are more standardized do to caps and nerfs, so there are less shake and bake templates. There is not 1 template that overpowers all others now.

T

Trinsauce

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

PvP is more balanced than anytime since AOS release. Templates are more standardized do to caps and nerfs, so there are less shake and bake templates. There is not 1 template that overpowers all others now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno Lefty... I'm actually thinking that the beginning of AOS was actually the most balanced it was since it's release... There wasn't all sorts of gimp templates... Mages could compete cause they were capable of having 5/9 casting... Dexxers didn't have caps so easily one type could easily handle the other... Mages were able to get off 2 spells for the same amount of damage that a dexxer could shell out in the same amount of time... No bushido, not many of the stealth archers... no ninjitsu, or even elves for that matter... The true only changes that came with AOS was the inclusion of necromancy and chivalry, mana usage on specials, and insurance... Any dexxer now can handle a mage fairly well if that mage actually decides to stay and fight... We can have all the DCI in the world but once u disarm us or even hit us with the HLD we're gonna get hit everytime... Otherwise it still resembled pre aos somewhat... Juss my thoughts on the subject... Open to debate...

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

That was a horrible time. 5/6 casting, no sdi cap, 90 hp AI, but of course it has been all bad for some time.

W

Warlock\P/

I thought when they first implemented the caps on casting. sdi. hci etc

was when it was most balanced, post aos

I

imported_Viper

I actually agree with you on that, given I myself had all the gear to do 4/6 casting at the time and felt like billy badass, a good geared warrior could still have a chance against me. That being said I have a question for you guys when I quit archers did enough damage and shot fast enough so even if I ran full speed away from them I could still die to moving shots/armor ignores, is it still like that? I know some people are thinking well just offscreen and heal well even that made it impossible to survive because with some programs those people could out run me easily but I dont want this thread to turn into a debate on speedhack programs. I just want everybodys thoughts on this scenario. Im a good mage with a good connection facing a geared out archer with a crazy bow, what are the chances of me beating this person? At the time I quit the chances were zero regardless of skill. The bows shot fast enough that you could not do a greater heal and outdamaged you if you did mini heals so basically you could count on losing 100% of the time.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

<blockquote><hr>

I thought when they first implemented the caps on casting. sdi. hci etc

was when it was most balanced, post aos

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of, but at the same time while everyone was focused on those issues Developers Speedman, Hanse and later MrTact started messing around with the archer combat and animation sequences. Right at the time of Publish 22 the archer combat loop was changed, but not announced in the Publish notes. Speedman was the first guy to make the tweaks. I found Developer posts scattered around stratics, but not in U hall and a few of us that took notice debated if it was a bug or feature. . It went unnoticed to the masses for months because back then no one considered a archer for pvp or pvm because you had to stay still for the arrow to hit. Everyone else was focused on mages and necro dexers and what not. Slowly though people found out. With each publish the devs did something to the combat loop till the rise of machine gun archers. After Publish 25 it was a full blown problem. Just through that clueless time was it somewhat balanced, but as far as game mechanics ugg....

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

I play more mage chars now than dexers. I'm terrible on a mage, but if I can beat an archer anyone can. You have to have one or more of the following. DCI, Parry, or the ability to disarm.

As far as some of the changes put in place.
To disarm you need either Wrestling (alone) or a Weapon skill + 70-90 tactics.
You will rarely see a Tactics Mage. It's more like running a 7x char with only a few skills scrolled out. You will typically see mages running with either Wrestling or a Mage weapon.

I

imported_Viper

so what is the current pvp population made up of mostly mages, dexers or archers?

G

<blockquote><hr>

so what is the current pvp population made up of mostly mages, dexers or archers?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mages (necromage) and dex-poisoners, some archers from what I see lately

M

Madchild

viper archers are basicly the same the only real change to them was that ninjitsu is next to crap for em

an archer can no longer get off a 40 point death strike while your running away,,,the max ive seen a archer get off was 15 to 20 .

as a fix for the AI run shot tactic archers seem to like mages are using mage weapons, parry and stackin on the DCI .

the necro mage is still a good template to use but is best for a choke point cuz you dont have the room for parry unless you drop resisting spells and start passin out trap boxes when ya do die .

if you look around you will see a new template about (not really new but they now see it can work) the necro dexer with a fire or poison weapon corpskin strangle pain spike and poison strike with a hit from your weapon in there .

its an ever changing game there is always one template on top tho right now the top temp isnt out right owning everyone .

C

Celtic Mistress

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to make that THREE reason....shoddy customer service and just all around lameness.

N

nine_finger_baru

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Rez me when the game goes back to being skill based and not item based. Until then I will continue to count the maggots nesting in what remains of my eye socket.

I

imported_Queen Mum

WOW!!! Welcome home Viper ... strange how names of the 'past but not forgotten' seem to be showing up more and more

Hollar if you need anything ...

*cookie hugs*