• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

been away 3 years and was wondering..

• Thread starter Rune's cousin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Rune's cousin

hey guys
like topic says..ive been out the game for a good time and i have some questions

since they ruined sendbags :coco::yell::coco:

1. is gold weight changed ?
2.or are we back to using packhorses when going on long hunts?
3.is tmap loot improved? or will be soon?

just asking because im thinking about coming back..but really cant be bothered to come back and do camping like we did pre aos

kind regards Rune

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) No, the gold weight has not changed I dont think.
2) Yes, I use packhorses on long hunts. I guess some people dont use anything though.
3) Its been such a long time since Ive dont a tmap.. But the last time I did one it was the same old loot as always, dont know if it will be improving. I havent heard anything about it.

Hope this helps :)

S

Sarphus

I don't think the weight on gold is likely to ever change.

Some people use pack animals on hunts.

tmap loot hasn't changed, but it is likely to become much more important when SA is released. There's a new skill coming called imbuing (see UO site). This new skill will consume garbage items to make raw materials to be used to make custom items.

Treasure hunting is a great way to get an abundance of garbage items, so I think people will dig up tmaps just to load up on imbuing resources.

R

Rune's cousin

thanks both :)

i read about the new skill and it sounds very kool..actuly its much like inchanting in WOW

but really i cant get myself to going back farming like we did pre aos

still beats me why the devs didnt solve the exploit some used the bag for
instead of ruining a good working item for all honest/crazy players

its like saying ..we do progress and take 4 steps backwards :(

guess ill keep luring and be back when the devs wake up and fix bag exploit or make gold weightless or weigh way less

regards Rune

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bag of sending simply made farming a little too easy - it widened the gap between causual players and hard core players too far and made life a little too easy on scripts.

I rarely use my beetle-shaped packhorse when hunting. Rather, I tend to just build my expeditions around something to do until by backpack is full then recall home - when I'm gathering scrap metal, it doesn't take long to fill up.

It has been mentioned that Tmaps and fishing may be in for a boost before SA, but even if they aren't, "junk" is going to have new value through recycling for components as mentioned above.

G

GAMBIT35

I really doubt that with the budget cuts EA is going through, they will actually fund SA. Funny thing is, that after all you guys ragging on Darkfall, it appears that SA is vaporware. Two years for a crummy expansion! Give me a break.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
recalling home every 5-10 min isnt my idea of fun :)
It's an acquired taste to be sure :)

But it would be nice to see dungeons/areas become a little more self-contained, so that you could harvest a pack full of gold or resources in one area and use it within another area of the dungeon to then gain an uncommon resource so that you didn't need to leave to have a good, fulfilling harvest.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know folks, the BOS change isn't so bad, if you get your own powder for the bags (via the matriarch - only the powder amounts from the ambitious queen were reduced) instead of depending on others. If you carry the Powder with you to reload the bag in the field, you can still get about as much gold as before - you just use more bags (and if you do the quests yourself, it's not like it's costing you that much money).

Heck, if you know someone training a new character, hire them to go kill solen for you, to collect the fungi - they get skill gains (they've always been good for gains in the 80-100+ range), gold & gems, you get the shrooms.

A tactic I often use for gold is collect up 2 piles of 60k while hunting (not like anyone's gonna carry those off easily). Stick 20k on me, recall to luna, deposit gold, (stable pets if needed), get beetle, recall/run back to rest of gold, put 80k in beetle, last 20k in my pack, recall to luna, deposit gold, stable beetle (getting pets back out if needed), return to hunt. Takes all of 3-4 minutes, plus the run back to the hunting spot, if desired, after the last deposit (5-7 minutes total, if you go back to hunting, instead of stopping after 120k gold), even for the remotest parts of Ilshenar. The only places that might take longer are Fel T2A & Fel Dungeons, and I don't go there (And for gold farming, why would you?)

It's not the gold I miss the bags for - it's leather gathering.

R

Rune's cousin

dunno if it still works that way but..
for norm leahter and horned i stacked it on ship ..just behind the mast
it used to work that way if a pile reach a few ton then it will not decay like single dropped items does
for norm leather i used to do polar bears in fel t2a (island beside the champ spawn)
use serp pillars to get back to britania and sail to cove or tukuno coast near hiroyu spawn and sail to makato..for both just leapfrog it to bank from your ship

for horned i just did fishing and skin the sea serps and after several fishing sessions..sail to cove and leap it to bank :)

i have forgotten what i did to get spined..sorry :)

D

Der Rock

If you carry the Powder with you to reload the bag in the field, you can still get about as much gold as before - you just use more bags (and if you do the quests yourself, it's not like it's costing you that much money).
Basara,you missed 1 point ,if we ALL have to do ALL by ourself,then where is the sense of an mmo??
making powder ourself
making imbuing ourself
making faction points ourself
making rep.deeds ourself
making potions ourself
making doom and bosses ourself
making anything ourself

UO looks more like a solo game these days.
the need for supporter come more and more less in uo :(
that is sad

F

Fink

it used to work that way if a pile reach a few ton then it will not decay like single dropped items does
Nope, will decay now. With the new lumber types there were thousands of plain logs being left all over the place so they cleaned it up by making heavy stacks decay.

I do stack hides/leather on a boat when I farm horned, but not overnight. I bank the skins after I'm done for the day. I farm wyverns in the Lost Lands, nice fast spawn on the islands out there, then ship it back to bank. Barbed I usually get from people farming dragons, they leave uncut corpses behind. For spined I kill lizardmen in Despise.

Oh, another thing is the Butcher's War Cleaver. Get a smith to make you one of those. It skins, cuts hides to leather, and pops the leather in your pack in one swipe. Doesn't work for bones or scales, sadly (that is, doesn't loot them for you).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you carry the Powder with you to reload the bag in the field, you can still get about as much gold as before - you just use more bags (and if you do the quests yourself, it's not like it's costing you that much money).
Basara,you missed 1 point ,if we ALL have to do ALL by ourself,then where is the sense of an mmo??
making powder ourself
making imbuing ourself
making faction points ourself
making rep.deeds ourself
making potions ourself
making doom and bosses ourself
making anything ourself

UO looks more like a solo game these days.
the need for supporter come more and more less in uo :(
that is sad
Actually, you're misinterpreting.

I prefer playing with others - it's just seemed that, for most people (not me), the big crutch with the BOS when they were in use is that practically everyone BOUGHT the powder off other players' vendors, instead of doing it themselves. Some of my most fun moments were 4 or 5 of us in a guild all getting the matriarch quest at once, and we all went to the Wind tunnels and farmed solens until we got the 200 zoogi each for everyone.

I actually amazed a few people that were going through several bags a week, by actually TAKING them on the quests for the powder & for the bags - they had NO clue where the stuff actually came from!

If more people actually collected the bags and powder for themselves, the sheer number of users vs. number of shards would been people would be more likely to run into each other and socialize, while doing it - instead of 1-3 solo players per shard having a monopoly.