• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Been a long time...

T

The Barista

But after reading all these threads, it seems like it might be time to try UO again... it's been almost 6-7 years, it was 2001 I think, I think about the time they tried to make a new 3d client or something, so I'm really not sure where to start. Has it changed so much? Am I looking to buy "Kingdom Reborn" as the client, and can I get into SP still for the old rulesets?

T

The Barista

lol, then what client am I after? Mondain's legacy? It seems like there are so many expansions, clients, and patchs, and different download links for each of them, that I'm gonna end up paying a ton of money for things I don't need!

T

Tazar

lol, then what client am I after? Mondain's legacy? It seems like there are so many expansions, clients, and patchs, and different download links for each of them, that I'm gonna end up paying a ton of money for things I don't need!
Just reopen your old account, then upgrade it to ML and you will have all of the current content. When/if you want to try it, the KR client is a free download, but it is just a user interface and not an expansion.

Safe Journeys!

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 2D (Ultima Online Gold) and KR (Kingdom Reborn) clients are free downloads. You don't pay for them (other then in terms of your monthly transfer limit). Currently both clients will let you do/go whatever/where ever you like in the game world; KR is better at some things, while the old 2D client is better at others.

SP is still running, though I gather it's not the same as the "old rulesets" exactly. Dunno, never tried it.

Mondain's Legacy is an expansion. UO is quite item based these days, and quite a few of the items require you to have this expansion. You can get by without it, sorta.

C

Connor_Graham

If you decide to try Pac as a Production shard, let me know. I'd be more than happy to give you a good head start into getting back into the game.

S

Sebrina

lol, then what client am I after? Mondain's legacy?
-just google "Mondains Legacy," and go for the free option, on one of the download sights, rather than pay for the quick download. Go wash some cloths while it downloads, then when it's loaded, get the updates. You will be good to go for the Tukano Isles and Malas and Ilshanar.

D

Devil_Woman

If you create a new account you'll have to first log onto a normal shard and renounce young player status before you will see SP show up for you in the shard selection list.

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(young) players still can't get into SP though I take it?

So once you open your account you'll need to say "I renounce my young player status" on a regular shard before Siege appears on the shard list.

Edit: D'oh!

Well.. you didn't give the holy renunciation mantra so I guess my post was still useful ;)

D

Devil_Woman

(young) players still can't get into SP though I take it?

So once you open your account you'll need to say "I renounce my young player status" on a regular shard before Siege appears on the shard list.

Edit: D'oh!

Well.. you didn't give the holy renunciation mantra so I guess my post was still useful ;)
LOL That's because I never can remember the correct wording! I have a 42 month account that still had young characters on it about a month ago when I went to run the ticket quest. I had to go look up the wording and still got it wrong the first time I tried it! :hahaha:

T

The Barista

Heh, well I'll probably play on Pacific, my old server for awhile to get back into the game (see whatever happened to my old house!) and relearn how to play before trying SP... :D

Mondain's Legacy is downloading! Can't wait to play (when I get back from shopping lol)

Thanks again for all the information everyone!

C

Connor_Graham

Heh, well I'll probably play on Pacific, my old server for awhile to get back into the game (see whatever happened to my old house!) and relearn how to play before trying SP... :D
Shoot me a PM when you get it downloaded. I'll meet ya in game and get you set up with what you'll need to get going.

D

Duke X. Winter

My sentiments reflect Connors. I too live on the Pac shard and would be happy to lend a hand if need be.

T

The Barista

well I must've done something wrong. I downloaded the Mondain's Legacy client (setup-1.46.0.3), then got into my account and reactivated it--they took the 12.99!--but when I try to play, doesn't let me in. I downloaded the KR client and can get in just fine, but it doesn't look at all like I remember (did they downgrade?!) Do I need to drop another $29.99 on an ML code, and if so is there just an old-school 2d client download somewhere i just can't find?

T

The Barista

ok I'm ******** and didn't follow directions... after patching the 2d client, I'm in AND fireballing mongbats!!!

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rest of us better watch out!

Today mongbats - Tomorrow... well, probably still mongbats! Maybe zombies :D

C

Connor_Graham

ok I'm ******** and didn't follow directions... after patching the 2d client, I'm in AND fireballing mongbats!!!
LOL!

Glad to see you got going ok. The offer of a head start still stands though. Just send me a PM.