• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bear Point

• Thread starter LadyCalina
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

LadyCalina

There have been runes dropped lately in various locations saying "D|R Haven" and challenging people to come and fight us at our homes.

I would like to say that neither I nor any of my guild members have issued any such challenge. We simply asked for peace between neighbors when others placed homes in the city we call home. This peace treaty was violated, and those who violated it initiated a war, bringing others into the battle to fight against us.

The player-run city we call home is known as Bear Point. It was established in the beginning of Ultima's history, before there was more than one facet. It was a popular town in which both reds and blues alike could come and shop in safety, knowing that if any fights took place, the one who began it would be banned from all Bear Point shops.

Almost every original Bear Point home still stands to this day, along with it's shops. The people who both established and still run Bear Point are now members of D|R, but that is no reason to wage war against the city itself.

We are defending the city, as we would not dream to do anything else, but we wanted everyone to know that we have not, and will not in anyway, instigate a battle within our city. Those who have already entered the war will be fought, but no one else.

If any of you remember Bear Point, its eldest citizens, then you know that they would never do anything like this, knowing that there are so many that would wish us and ours much harm. They may be D|R now, and the city may be mostly current D|R members, but please remember that it was not always so, and that just because it is so now, does not mean that it's citizens wish to be hunted for simply asking for and fighting for a safe city.

Thank You

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm. I've never heard of "Bear Point" .... If I can find it you may see me taking a visit there sometime. Sounds interesting.

oh...sorry about all the drama.

L

LadyCalina

Oh, its a cute cute city, tucked between the forest west of Minoc. It runs all the way arond the water of the Minoc bay. One was to get there is to go the the Brit Crossroads and just run NE until you hit water, then just look around at the buildings... the shops are all very tiny and themed. It's adorable.

I own two homes on eastern outskirts of the city, which would be some of the first you'd see if you were running through the woods on the along the water from Minoc. My Manor, D|R Pointe D'ours (French for Bear Point). And there's a 15x15 or so right next to it in the same brick called "Bear Point Guard Post". I established it when the threat was made towards the city.

J

jagarr

i used to pk there in like... 1999?
but we liked the people that ran it so we didn't interrupt their events or anything. hi lace, if shes still around.

L

LadyCalina

Aye! She is
We call her our guild mom, hehe, and she owns the majority of the shops and public establishments in the city
Her and Tron

G

I must pay your town a visit sometime soon. As a resident of an historical old town myself (Kinship) I am pleased to know that there are other players out there working to maintain these places. Other than the barkeep in the Kinship Tavern and the one porch vendor at our SCB Craft Shop we have no commercial enterprises anymore but perhaps in the future.

L

LadyCalina

That'd be great
I know Lace would love to see more people shopping around town
She has various potion/keg vendors, and all those little things no one thinks of until they really need it
Hehe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Looks like I'm taking a trip to Felluca. Um....please don't kill me. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me know when you are going...I have a red that needs a few murder counts!!
heheheh

G

i wish to find bear point and set fire to the homes within

I used to do that alot, it was suprising how upset some people got when i "set" thier uo houses on fire -_-

G

Bearpoint ,though it has no vendors now is still a place where returning Vets come and also where existing players will send new Players .Though we do not welcome those who would oppress , we do offer refuge to those that return or just start up and need our help. Please feel free to look for me in Luna ,I own the Northern most shop .I would be pleased to offer you a tour anytime

L

LadyCalina

People have been PMing me wanting to know BP's exact location and borders.
I have outlined the borders, and indicated the directions so u know which way from where to go

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

People have been PMing me wanting to know BP's exact location and borders.
I have outlined the borders, and indicated the directions so u know which way from where to go

[/ QUOTE ]

Now...........that DOES help. Thank you.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to pk everyone there years ago on Deathmaul.

Was fun, may start doing it on Goose soon!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.........here goes. (please be prepared for a rant)...

Somewhere...Someone might, maybe be asking "Why do you rarely ever PvP"? Here is why I rarely do:

<font color="red"> Reason 1: </font> I don't like using 3rd party programs...ANY of them. Not UO assist, Not UO auto map, none of them. And I'm not a computer genius...(a.k.a. master of manipulating a custom-made UO attack program) So that is my first weakness.

<font color="red"> Reason 2: </font> Few things suck more than losing an item that you've spent literally months to get...only to lose it in a one minute long battle with some jerk-smack-talking teen who has nothing better to do with his spare time than to insult and laugh at me for running out of insurance money.

<font color="red"> Reason 3: </font> I'm an old fart. I like to enjoy playing a game. In high school I was one of those "Dungeons &amp; Dragons geeks". I found it to be FUN. Getting killed and then laughed at and insulted is not my idea of fun. Now...if I had buddies who actually liked to PvP and weren't jerks about it, then I would LOVE to engage in it. I have only found this in ONE faction (which I joined) and we had a blast. However...I have not seen/heard from them in a while.

I play UO to have fun. Not to get my blood pressure up. Even when someone acts like a jerk to me, I do my best to not let it bug me. I try to follow an old friends first rule...Maybe you've heard of him. His name in-game was: <font color="green"> Grog </font>

Yeah...for those of you who know me... and for those of you closest to me, you have offered me many very valuable items for free (most of which I could never accept, don't think I'm worth it) and that is very sweet and kind. It has always been one of my "UO dreams" to achieve what...um...well the well known guild: GRI has accomplished. And that is comrodery &lt;---- (spellcheck?) . No, none of my alts are members of the guild, but I am good friends with a lot of them. But they (for the most part) do stick together.

No, I don't have a real problem with "reds" I have actually met a LOT of nice "reds". But there is a difference between a jerk and a player that knows how to play with "style" and "character". Why does it have to be a battle of "testosterone" when it comest to PvP? I think of it more like a football, or baseball game. Normal people don't wish any true harm to one-a-nother, they do it for fun. F U N.

I have one real wish in Catskills, that can be achieved. But only with friends. I like to play, not to be a jerk. People who know me, know that I'm being honest. Heck...On my tamer I tame any creature for free, because its fun. So many people do SO many things for free for me. I like to play...don't you?

G

From one "old stinker" to another: " Girls (and guys) just gotta have fun". That is best done in company of friends. This outlook led some of us old folks to form a band of rogues known as the SCB (senior Citizens of Britannia). We don't have meetings, dues, and our only rule is "Have fun". We have "goody-two-shoes characters like Barefoot and Betsy who would give you the shirt off their backs and crafters that can make you anything you need for the asking. We have begun to reclaim the historic town of Kinship which is in Scara Brea Felucca and create a few fun alter egos which are *coughs*, shall we say, more suitably adapted to covert ops. Theives, asassins, stealth warriors and even necromancer mages have new avenues of opportunity for fun and games now that gold farming (with BoS) is history and cursed arties are dropping at events. There is no need for anyone to join the guild to play along with us when we are on, just give a holler and we are always glad to join in your activities too. We love the Zoo and donate a lot of looted gold and tames. We enjoy just messing around and exploring. So Hagrid, to answer your question, we do love to play and you know who we are *winks*.

A

Akopian

This is Rainman from long long ago. I was wondering if anybody from Bear Point is still around. I miss you guys, Lace and Tron :) I used to love negotiating with the PK guilds to get them to defend us rather than attack us. Our biggest threat was not letting people shop at Bear Point. I was always proud to be a part of Bear Point.

I later gave my 2 accounts to Lace, and never really had any contact since :( So here I am today :)

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello old man .MY it's fun to hear from you where Have ya been ? And whats new with you.It's fun to hear from you brings back good memories