• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Battle Royale Will Start At Server Up This Evening

M

Merik

For those wondering about the Battle Royale tonight. Em Dudley has let us know that it will start at server up. So make sure you get there!!!!
That is all.

M

Merik

I think (some) members of FoA need to grow up and not ruin stuff by res killing then attacking an event. Then complain the Ems don't do fel events.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Just because I'm in FOA does not mean that I agree with everyone in the guilds actions. As for your "high five" comment, yes I am, as stated before i'm glad they got nerfed, I hate playing my tamer and frankly tired of hearing all the crying people have been doing about them.

V

Vortimer

I wasn't there, but that sucks that people in the guild decided to do that. Screws up the chance for more events like that.

Only downside to the greater dragon nerfings is that now they are useless for PvM.

N

Nastia Cross

Only downside to the greater dragon nerfings is that now they are useless for PvM.
Have you tested them out yet? Most people who have are reporting that there's little to no difference. I imagine the people that are complaining tamed the first GD available without checking the stats.

Deprave

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think (some) members of FoA need to grow up and not ruin stuff by res killing then attacking an event. Then complain the Ems don't do fel events.
While I can agree there I will argue that Dudly seemed to have little to no knowledge of how to gamemaster an event. The arena was set up extremely poorly. Dudly's own lack of attention was blatant as he tried calling contestant smoke twice in a row to fight.

Dudly also ignored when a combatant in the arena withered and hit the spectators, causing several archers to fire on him DURING HIS FIGHT. But I guess since this happened to an FoA member it could be alright, right? Which also brings in the very poor arena structuring. Combatants and spectators shouldn't be allowed such contact.

Free shards such as Divinity or UO: Gamers have much better events than this real OSI production shard event which is quite embarrassing for EA in my opinion.

M

Merik

Should just make spectator boxes. One fel guild in one, one fel guild in the other and make sure withers don't hit people. I'm sure soon Dudley will start making a list of names of people who grief the event. I hope he gets permission to not teleport people to it and leave them out.

Hate to see people left out but, when their is no consequence to your actions then you don't care in a online game.

Deprave

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the display put on by Dudly the other night I have absolutely no confidence in his ability to run an event. Putting different guilds in different boxes is a decent idea, but how about making the entire tourny spectator area with a tram rule-set and the combat area the only place you can fight. It's really not very hard at all if a GM is even semi-competent.

I myself have run better tournaments on free shards with rowdier crowds.

M

Merik

I dunno. When it comes to fel its really different. Maybe Dudley should sit with the guildmasters of the fel guilds. Say if they want to participate they need to have respect. If one member of the pvp guild attacks the event then all members of the guild will be banished from it. Then its really up to the people in the guilds to come down on their guildmates. I have some faith in guildmembers to throw down pressure on their guildmates to not mess it up for them. If they do then I guess your guildmates ruin it for you.

Im just not getting how hard it is for people not to attack each other. For an event geared towards their play style they sure don't act like they want it.

How about a massive royal rumble? One PvP guild sets up at their house, another at their house and so on. Then the Ems open a gate at each location to a massive pit. Will see who makes it out alive. Ems have the power to pull people so if anyone brings a pet the EMs can just pull it out.

Guess another way to deter pets is that if you bring one the EM will delet it. I believe from what I have seen they have that power.

M

Mr Moosestache

First, PvP should not involve a house. Second, PvP should not involve a house. That's my two cents into this.

M

Merik

Merikk, these events should probably be hosted by a PvPer instead of a trammy.
Well if thats the way you guys feel then tell the EM you don't want them doing fel PvP events. I mean honestly for the 10th time. I don't know how hard it is for people to not attack others at an event.

But then again. If you put me in a room with just a table and Red Button infront of me for an hour. Then say whatever you do don't press it....I'm prolly gunna press it.

Deprave

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then that makes fel Yew useless :twak: hehe
Basicly. It's not that we don't want EM's doing Fel events. It's just that there is quite a number of childish players in fel and the GM actually has to take control of the event. Not call contestants twice, not have a poorly designed arena allowing spectators to fire upon a combatant and just letting it go without notice, and not let people get away with that stuff.

You've clearly and completely missed the point every time seemingly. I hope you're doing it on purpose.:wall:

O

onthefifty

there really should be a dueling arena somewhere in fel where only the combatants can fight in the arena and the seating section is trammel, like luna bank. make an npc be the ringmaster with his gump opening a trade window where gold or items can be bet.

i dont see how this can be hard.

people will always greif these events. its human nature.

M

Merik

You've clearly and completely missed the point every time seemingly. I hope you're doing it on purpose.:wall:
Oh I haven't missed it. I'm just still not getting why (some) people cant act mature. hehe.

1.Fix the house so no one can attack from the outside.

2. Put a small house plot right at the entrance. Everyone has to walk through it to get
to the event. As people walk through it to the other side Dudley will ban them from
the house. At the end of the event ANYONE who was found breaking the rules will not
be removed from the ban list. Thus making it so they can never, ever, ever, ever, ever
participate in the Battle Royale again. (I know people have multiple accounts but, it
wont take long to clean them out.)