• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Battle Chicken (and others) Arena in Zento

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hi everyone!

In my role as Newbie house runner and event - enjoyer I have created a "battle chicken arena" in my New Player center in Zento (west side on road). I have the fourth floor set for what I am hoping will turn into a bi-weekly event where people can gather and participate in a friendly pet challenge. Does anyone else run one of these on LA? On Europa O*T has had a member running this as a bi-weekly event for about 2 years (Mondays, 8 pm UO time - 2pm central). Its a blast, and I thought LA might enjoy it too.

I'm trying to breed some battle chickens and then train them up so I can offer at least a pair or two to start with!

thoughts?

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my first egg today, I am really excited to see how this plays out. Count in my crew!

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I can't believe no one does this on LA... has no one got a coup of them?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't believe no one does this on LA... has no one got a coup of them?
A guildmate and I have coops and coops full of them, stuffed in our bank boxes. We just recently put up a guild house on LA after being absent for a year or so, so perhaps we'll have to try to get those colorful critters out again and actually get them trained. LOL I spent a ton of time breeding them to get all the wild colors and some decent stats and then never got them trained.

If you sponsor fights, were you planning to temporarily guild the fighters when it's time for a fight, since your house is not in Fel?

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks for responding Tina! Yes! That is the method. I would set up a small guild that the tamers/participants would be able to join and leave as they wish. On Europa I just have a tamer that is a part of the battle chicken guild and she stays in.

I love training up the battle chickens with a new tamer character. You can gain so quickly :)

and yea, the training the chickens thing takes a while, but they can still battle away (and sometimes win) before they are fully trained in my experience! Also, the matches would always try to pair up equivalent levels of pets. The worst thing right now for me is just sitting through getting the eggs to hatch the battle chickens. So far all I have still is the normal chicks... patience and persistence is required and I'm bad at that! LOL

A guildmate and I have coops and coops full of them, stuffed in our bank boxes. We just recently put up a guild house on LA after being absent for a year or so, so perhaps we'll have to try to get those colorful critters out again and actually get them trained. LOL I spent a ton of time breeding them to get all the wild colors and some decent stats and then never got them trained.

If you sponsor fights, were you planning to temporarily guild the fighters when it's time for a fight, since your house is not in Fel?

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my first battle chicken today, a baby bluish color my wife tells me on account of my being color blind. Hoping to train up little Chango's Wrath and win some matches.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just pulled the coops and incubators out of the bank and it looks like I have about 25 regular chicken lizards and around 20 or so battle chicken lizards. I'll have to feed them all (they must be starving by now) and see about getting some more battle chicken lizard eggs! I'll also check into setting up a stall to sell some of the extra battle chicken lizards in New Magincia.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Wonderful! I set up a larger breeding area for mine. I left LA before battle chickens came out, but I'll get some going soon enough now! Let me know when you set up your vendor and I'll buy some!! :)

I just pulled the coops and incubators out of the bank and it looks like I have about 25 regular chicken lizards and around 20 or so battle chicken lizards. I'll have to feed them all (they must be starving by now) and see about getting some more battle chicken lizard eggs! I'll also check into setting up a stall to sell some of the extra battle chicken lizards in New Magincia.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonderful! I set up a larger breeding area for mine. I left LA before battle chickens came out, but I'll get some going soon enough now! Let me know when you set up your vendor and I'll buy some!! :)
Had to upgrade the account, so that's done and I've got a bid on a stall. Hopefully I'll get some battle chicken lizards put up for sale this weekend. I promise they will be "cheep"!

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have began my training regime. There will be much blood shed in the arena.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Oh joy! Late last night I FINALLY got two battle chick eggs and now I have gotten 3. After they bond next week I start training them up!!! YAY!!

For anyone else out there who is interested, and I hope there are some, Chango has his arena, and I have one too. (Chango it looks grand! :D ) Anyone is welcome to come to my Battle Chicken Arena and practice your chicks or anything else you have you want to enter in our upcoming events! I've even seen Burras brought up against each other and I am actually training up some other species just for diversity's sake! I guess if we wind up with burras I'll have to make the arena larger! ;)

You can find my arena on the West side of Zento, on the main road. The house is "the Welcome Inn" and the arena is on the roof. There is even a tile to transport up for convenience! ;) The entire house is open to the public and I would love to see it used by anyone who wants to. I have included places for all types of recreation from Chess to training dummies and even a competitive archery range with two Archery Buttes. I placed the house close to the water so we can also hold water events like net tosses and boat races. I even put a floor for group meetings in case anyone would like to use the floor for that. I hope the house is a good resource for the shard.

Gonna go see if I can supplement my stock of battle chickens now... :) Off to Magincia! Now that I bred a few of my own I feel like a much more competent battle chicken owner. OH - before I forget... I placed a few chick eggs I have extra and a coop/incubator or two for them on a vendor on the balcony of my castle (on the edge of the swamp, eastern side, North of Britain and Cove). That way if you are interested in getting a start, you can get your starters easily. The eggs are free and I don't believe any taming is required. Anyone can easily tame them by just cracking the eggs and taming the new chickens. When I start getting spare battle chicken eggs I'll place any of them there too.

--- El

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
El Thanks so much for posting this - i still have the one chicken guy you gave me, still learning how to deal with it lol. I just got done with my first pirate attack so now i can learn battle chickens. I also placed some chicken coops and such on the vendors behind the new player center ( Veritas Vendors ) so players can also get their coops and such there as well. Its listed under expansion add ons.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
LOL Yea I know about the coops and incubators... bought some for the newb center ! I'm glad you have those, they are very convenient. I have only a very limited number of bird things at the castle, just so anyone getting an egg will have a place to put it if needed. Oh heck, I should put some eggs at Veritas Vendors near to your Coop vendor :)! I will do that today.

I wish those Chicken coops held more than just the chicken variety of small pets. For our purposes with competitions it would be nice to be able to keep the major pets in my trainers' stable as I need to and still be able to house/keep some lesser creatures like panthers and toads for some novelty things.

I bought 3 birds from Tina Small the other night and now I have six chickens I have to train up after I get them bonded next week. I can't wait! I already have a great leather hunter assistant in the first bird I got. He bonded on Sunday and I took him hunting right away. He's getting good at taking down the lesser creatures and I'm hoping he will make a nice competitor. Fittingly enough, he seems to be a Verite color, which goes nicely with my O*T (Order of Truth) "theme"! ;)

Thanks Tina Small for the birds! I am quite delighted with them, and quite frankly I think they were VERY inexpensive considering the effort it takes to hatch them! I bought the midnight blue one, the agapite, and one of the frosty blues that happens to match one I bred. I just love having 'pairs' of the colors to put up as a team!

More later guys... getting these eggs takes time now as I have like 50 of those things to feed! LOL

-- El

El Thanks so much for posting this - i still have the one chicken guy you gave me, still learning how to deal with it lol. I just got done with my first pirate attack so now i can learn battle chickens. I also placed some chicken coops and such on the vendors behind the new player center ( Veritas Vendors ) so players can also get their coops and such there as well. Its listed under expansion add ons.