• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BARTON!!!

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...also hello, and... have they put in a classic shard yet? I heard some sort of rumour that there would be some classic shard put in a few months back... tell me its true.

T

Tazar

Greetings Stuffa. Long time no see.

The rumors of a classic shard were started by Calvin Crowner (UO Producer) who said that they were "discussing the possibility" and would let us know more towards the end of the year. This started several very long threads on U-hall which basically proved that no one can really agree on what "Classic" should be.

At this point - it's wait and see.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
everyone has there mixed fealings/thoughts on this topic. i miss/love pre aos uo. but the fact is that we cannot have one.. the shards r so dead already imagine if we pulled what player base we had away from those servers to a pre aos server.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we'd draw back the thousands that quit and the productions shards as they are would remain the same. A small number would leave the production shards but not enough to make much of a difference at this point.

The group of players that would play a classic shard are the ones that left after Trammel was created.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd certainly come back for a visit if they put in a classic shard.

How is UO at the moment? Is stygian abyss any good?

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...my ideal would be if I could somehow transfer my Stuffa char from atlantic to a classic shard where all the old rules suddenly apply... and everyone has to slog it out against each other for the first few weeks with their decent chars until they balance out.... and all the new items and equipment become the rares within the shard... i dunno.

They should allow one char transfer to the shard per account for free...for everyone. no doubt there would be some epic ramifications, but i like that idea at the moment

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... although of course you could then argue there would'nt be a fair chance for new chars to start out... i do like the idea of a brand new classic shard that starts from blank for everyone

T

Tazar

Stygian Abyss has been very good - it seemed to be well balanced and offered something for everyone.

As to a potential classic shard, I am sure there would be no character transfers to it. Most everyone seems to agree that "Classic" would be without AOS properties on armor and weapons and no power-scroll skill increases. Any character from today would be too advanced to carry over.

If you do ever stop in for a visit - be sure to say "hi!"

Mister McFeely

WoW Noob!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A wild stuffa peen! Someone kill it quick! With fire..... and acid..... and bananas.... and marmots.....

Mister McFeely

WoW Noob!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stole it from Orvago. :p
Ahh then I approve o/

I don't think Stuffa is going to get back to harass. Its like after his bedtime in England. Most likely worn out from watching Doctor Who or had a bad biscuit with his tea. Quite hip hip cheerios and all that rubbish

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Team Barton vs, Team LeFay? :lol:

Doesn't matter...we all want the same thing...a Classic Shard!!!

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BARTON!!!

Any road trips lately???...like to outer Mongolia..again?

Psstt...we do need a good shard invasion Stuffa.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raw. Sorry, I ran off again.

I'll return and bartonshardinvade many shards if they ever introduce a classic shard! It must happen.

Glad to see some familiar faces still kicking about!

Cycling is the way forward over cars for me these days. I did a cycle to paris last summer... this summer I cycled to Amsterdam... and next April 2011 i'm setting off on a solo tour where I'm hoping to cycle around the world! I'll post more up about it when it gets nearer the time. I'm gonna hopefully keep an online journal. I'm expecting it to take me about 2 years.