• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bard tamer question

T

ThatOneDood

Alrite I made a new tamer alrdy worked it extensivly I just got back from over 2 year break and I have to make the choice of discord or provok I have 120 skills pts left I use a lot of jewelry skillers bhut that seems to be the norm so here's my template skills worked so far
120 vet
120 animal lore
120 taming
120 music
120 peace
94 magery
And cuz all of jewelry I can do one more skill to 120 tryin to see what would be best discord or provok.. thanks in advance for helpin old school player lol

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
kill of peace.

pick up discord.

rule the world.

(reasons, peace is..... and i hate to use such a harsh word.... useless, 120 points in a skill that you can do that same by casting invis on yourself, plus with a tamer its double dorked, cause as soon as your animal hits whatever youve discored it will break out of peace, so id recomend ya stone off the peace and pick up disco, disco anything then put a greater on it and your laughing. if ya want a 2nd bard skill pick up provo, but realistically, by the time ya disco something and put your pets on it, it will be dead before ya get a chance to use provo, id sink those points into something else like med or focus or FC or FCR or LMC ect ect ect)

5% Luck

Another route would be to either be human or wear 20 neco(midnight bracers) to hold wraith form, pick up eval and a slayer book.

Of course drop peace and pick up discord!

You might consider bringing an extra set of necro jewlery just to cast(@20 necro = min to cast wraith) the form then swap back to the normal jewlery.

The next thing is your taming stats. 120 is not necessary. The only reason to have over 110/110/100 tame/lore/vet is stable slots and you can just use yet another set of jewlery just for that if you tweak it just right! That can net you another 40 points so a total of 160 +94 = 254 for mage eval and maybe necro or med/focus.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have a spellweaving necro.
love to drop word of death bombs in wraith form.

i also have a spellweaving tamer.
i have i think its 20/40 necro/ss on him, then i have a ring and watch that give me a extra 26 in each and the blood wood tali.

i go in wraith on HIM and drop WOD bombs and i dont see near the mana back that i do with my full necro spellweaver.

the advanages so far havnt shown themselves.

im assuming that you need either negative karma go get more or higher SS to get more.

one or the other, but either way im not seeing the benefits from having it on my tamer.... yet.

but maybe im doing something wrong with it.
ive been known to do stuff wrong before.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i just went and rechecked.

my tamer has 50/50 necro and ss (ringed up)

5% Luck

With WoD its SDI only but with other spells you will in fact NEED a slayer book equipped for it to be beneficial.

I run a mystic mage tamer, elf midnight bracers ~40-60 sdi+slayer book no spirit speak and rock the area spells with "much success" on the leeching.

Then my main mage is a full necro/mage w weaving and his leeching from wraith (40 LMC inc.) almost always keeps me full save for the low int mobs.

For my bard, not a tamer I try to keep very mobile so wraith was out of the question. I ride a swampy and run gm med and ~17 MR.

For the no SS wraith running no med its more about maxing out SDI and targeting the low resist. Be sure the mob has mana and the discord will intensify the results.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so let me see if i got this right.

i have a spellweaving/mage tamer.

taming
lore
vet
magic
med 120
spellweaving 120
necro 20
ss 40

now currently my suit allows me to get my necro and ss both up to 50.

so i go into wraith and i drop WoD bombs while my dragon is tanking a mel

so your saying i need to max out my SDI to get the mana back from the WoD spell??

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
all the info i could find on wraith form mana leeching

About Wraith Form:
The mana leech is determined by that formula:
Spirit Speak / 5
So at Gm its 20% mana leech, and legendary is 24% mana leech.
But this work all the time, except a few bugs so sometimes it doesnt work like against Rotting corpses...

5% Luck

OKok..

Have ya tested it?

I know my mages with Eval@120+ "some" sdi and no actual necro/SS leech "well enough" to make running 0-50 med feasible from wraith form alone(note 20 necro skill from items holds the form or JoaT)

I am not saying its something I consider a 'make my template around" option but more if I am already on foot with a GD or a dismount role going wraith will nevertheless be beneficial from JoaT or as most of my mages tend toward higher SDI wear the midnight bracers(20 necro + 10 SDI)

My main mage like i said IS a full necro with SS and for no other reason runs wraith form. I kept droping my med as I relized how good THAT is and adding in more 120s like resist/weaving then dropping down to 70 med. Thats where i was 110 med when I started.

A few of my guildies were running only 20 necro and doing almost as well with mystic cold area spell(forget the name) as opposed to going full necro for wither like I do. And I considered the mystic mage tamer with only midnight bracers and it works great for "area spells". Meaning IF I can target multiple mobs with slayer book damage I never run out of mana.

Now when doing this I would recommend having "some med" but if you play as a tamer and use the magery "in reserve" as a damage boost. and not just mana dump on every mob and use it situationally you can get away with minimal to no med and as a human 20 med and 20 focus none is easily possible.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I don't use my magic for anything other then messing around in the spawns, I use my pets to do all the killing.

What I want to do is be able to drop word of death at then End while in wraith form and get the mana back that I'm using to cast that word of death so I can in essence chain them at the end.

What I'm finding is that with 50 necro and ss that I'm not getting that back while in wraith form.

5% Luck

I don't use my magic for anything other then messing around in the spawns, I use my pets to do all the killing.

What I want to do is be able to drop word of death at then End while in wraith form and get the mana back that I'm using to cast that word of death so I can in essence chain them at the end.

What I'm finding is that with 50 necro and ss that I'm not getting that back while in wraith form.
Whats your LMC and SDI?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i think your missing what im going for and what i was asking.

i was wanting to go into wraith on my tamer with speallweaving and chain WoD only and receive back my mana.

but after looking into it, it looks like wraith form only gives you back SS / 5 mana leech.

so it has nothing to do with SDI.

so basically ive answered my own question.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont know whats worse.

the fact that you posted that, or the fact that you posted that WHILE saying that in Team Speak!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My GD w peace will pwn yer GD w disco!
Well maybe not, but one helluva tankish thing.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I like peace because I run 10 stamina and when on foot the regen keeps me going without stopping.. also being able to stop spawn without invising is nice for my play style throw on top of that the regen for my pets =cool

I am using provo atm and the heal rates are faster it seems and being able to control multiple spawn has its uses but I am finding i like peace better except in large spawns

going to be trying disco more soon but am waiting for the new shame items with the massive regen to make a suit that i can run mastery all the time!

just my thoughts

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Miss my "peace bombs," do ya?
all right children, huddle around daddy's gonna tell a story.

so, i dont play UO with the sound on, why you may ask, well back in the days of dial up Internet if you played with the sound on it gave you more lag, so its a left over from the old days.
so now we forward to present day and the mighty hero Poo and his band of misfits are out hunting the fabled beasts called Greater Dragons. One of the people in the party is the Legendary Peace Tamer Tina Small. Now, Ms Small has a bad habit. When she thinks something is gonna go wrong she likes to hit her area peace hotkey. So if her dragon is taking more damage then she can keep up with, area peace.
if a 2nd dragon wonders on screen and targets her, area peace.
when i tell a joke in Team Speak, area peace.

so there i am running around vetting our dragons, standing infact right beside the greater dragon we are killing when all of a sudden all of OUR dragons just start to walk away from the fight... like they are lost or something, and i cant understand whats going on?
and then a timid little giggle will come on Team Speak apologizing for hitting the area peace button.

so this became the ongoing funny for us every night we went out to do a mel or whatever we had scheduled for fun.
the battle would get heated and we would all be vetting pets and casting heals and then someone would pipe up "Tina..... dont do it.... keep your finder away from that peace grenade!!!"

and that my friends is the story of the peace grenade.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all right children, huddle around daddy's gonna tell a story.

so, i dont play UO with the sound on, why you may ask, well back in the days of dial up Internet if you played with the sound on it gave you more lag, so its a left over from the old days.
so now we forward to present day and the mighty hero Poo and his band of misfits are out hunting the fabled beasts called Greater Dragons. One of the people in the party is the Legendary Peace Tamer Tina Small. Now, Ms Small has a bad habit. When she thinks something is gonna go wrong she likes to hit her area peace hotkey. So if her dragon is taking more damage then she can keep up with, area peace.
if a 2nd dragon wonders on screen and targets her, area peace.
when i tell a joke in Team Speak, area peace.

so there i am running around vetting our dragons, standing infact right beside the greater dragon we are killing when all of a sudden all of OUR dragons just start to walk away from the fight... like they are lost or something, and i cant understand whats going on?
and then a timid little giggle will come on Team Speak apologizing for hitting the area peace button.

so this became the ongoing funny for us every night we went out to do a mel or whatever we had scheduled for fun.
the battle would get heated and we would all be vetting pets and casting heals and then someone would pipe up "Tina..... dont do it.... keep your finder away from that peace grenade!!!"

and that my friends is the story of the peace grenade.
You should be so glad I can't keep up with your early morning playing hours anymore.

:lick: