• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard masteries

Grugot

Journeyman
Hello

I'm leveling up my first Bard and when I got above 90 I went with the bard masteries way of leveling. From the posts I read, once you switch to bard mastery you can let your music go up. I'm not at 118 muscianship and the gains on discord (108.1), peacemaking (106.9), and Provocation (100.9) have been real slow. Is that normal using the masteries method or should i have kept music locked at 100?

Ungoliant

Journeyman
I recently made a new 4x bard. I soul stoned over 95 provocation and ran the provocation mastery for gains in Provo. I bought up music, peacemaking, and discordance. I ran discordance on my own character as soon as it would allow me. I believe that was when music hit 120.. not positive on my recollection of that. I ran area Peacemaking (Peaced myself). Music, Discordance and Peacemaking all hit 120 before Provocation hit 120 using mastery alone. My macro on UO Assist (classic client) was something like: Use provocation mastery; pause 9000; Use Item Type (instrument); Pause 2000; Use Skill (Discordance); Target (self); pause 9000; Use Skill (Peacemaking); Target (self); Pause 9000.. My pauses may have been longer.. dont remember. Keep a large number of the same type of instrument in your bag. Count resources before you begin. Good Luck... The doctors are just now giving me a clean bill of mental health from the after affects of hitting 4x120 bard.. as a side note I put Mysticism (120) and Focus (120) on him as well .. with the right equipment set up the bard is also Magery (120)... required imbued bracelet and ring, Dragoni's Spellbook with 20 magery on it, and the talisman with 10 focus on it... was also able to fit in 2/6 casting with shield and jewels.. it is a perfect support character.

Grugot

Journeyman
I'm doing the exact same setup. Mysticism is a good add as it has some real nice spells.

I have found that using "Use Item Type" would work on a single item. So if I had 10 lap harps in my bag it would only recongize the one. Each harp does have a unique item ID.

Maybe I just need to spend a little more time on my macros.

Ungoliant

Journeyman
I'm doing the exact same setup. Mysticism is a good add as it has some real nice spells.

I have found that using "Use Item Type" would work on a single item. So if I had 10 lap harps in my bag it would only recongize the one. Each harp does have a unique item ID.

Maybe I just need to spend a little more time on my macros.
Try using count resources before you start macro so it will switch instruments when they break.