• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barbed Kits

G

So, im legendary tailor with GM Arms lore. I guess barbed leather is the best to use, cos of the resist it gives.
Now i have 8 full kits collected.. Should i burn em? I need Leaves, tunic, pants..
What are my chances to get something worthwhile to use?
8x15 is 120 uses. What would you do?

G

go on test center first, create a new character.

make them a tailor with gm armslore. ask for resources through the help commands.

go to the bank take out your resurces, make 120 items in any combination that you need, see what you might make. for example if you just need 3 pieces for your suit just make 40 of each type.

I not saying that your going to make the exact same things with your real kits, but you can get a "feel" of how many ok/good/great pieces you can generate with 120 attempts.

from time to time I make new crafters over on test center, to test new builds, see if they made any changes, etc.

and the only thing I have lost is time to set up the character, instead of burning my real resources.

then decide if you want to burn your real barbed kits.

G

I have just returned back and i have read, that there was problem with crafting. I noticed, that it has been patched and should work now. But i dont know, if theres coming more changes, so that i should wait for those. I also noticed, that TC is having different version than live? So that makes me wondering, if there is same crafting things than live.

G

Personally, I am holding off burning my barbed kits,

yes there was a problem when making a leather item (since its medable) when you "rolled" mage armor on a leather item, this mod was not replaced by a different mod. I have seen some people say its corrected, others say its still a problem.

so I will most likely go to tc this week and try again and see if it has been corrected.

no you never going to make the exact items on tc, but lets say your going to make 15 leather gorgets or burn one barb kit. Usually I get 2 maybe 3 gorgets that I would consider keep from one kit.

so... over on tc , I will make 15 at a time, if I am getting that same ratio (2/3 keepers out of 15), I might think about burning a kit.

at least thats my mad method.

as far as tc is concerned the version is current they just have not update the version number, they forgot as usual. It should be update to the current number since they are getting ready to add the next part of the moonglow event to tc.