Banking with NPCs - proposed change

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
S

Seismic

Currently, a character types 'balance' at a town bank and one of the banker NPCs returns with the value of all gold but NOT checks. This process is a minor convenience thing but it's something I use on a consistent basis.

Please either:

1) Allow the reply from the NPC to reflect gold PLUS checks in their response.

2) Have the NPC banker breakdown the difference in values. You have 'x' gold and 'y' gold in checks.

Thanks

T

The Home Guild

yeah gets old having to use a housing tool to check my full balance.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2006
Atlantic / Boston MA
agreed - but at the same time if they do update the system so the banker tells you your full balance including checks, i think it should only show up on the screen to YOUR character, and not everyone at the bank. might set someone up for attack if someone else knows they're worth a lot of money. i.e. track them to their house, wait for them to unlock something valuable, etc. i never liked how everyone at the bank can see my balance when i ask for it, and i don't enjoy seeing everyone else's either.

S

Seismic

agreed - but at the same time if they do update the system so the banker tells you your full balance including checks, i think it should only show up on the screen to YOUR character, and not everyone at the bank. might set someone up for attack if someone else knows they're worth a lot of money. i.e. track them to their house, wait for them to unlock something valuable, etc. i never liked how everyone at the bank can see my balance when i ask for it, and i don't enjoy seeing everyone else's either.
Agreed, I forgot about that.

C

Connor_Graham

Currently, a character types 'balance' at a town bank and one of the banker NPCs returns with the value of all gold but NOT checks. This process is a minor convenience thing but it's something I use on a consistent basis.

Please either:

1) Allow the reply from the NPC to reflect gold PLUS checks in their response.

2) Have the NPC banker breakdown the difference in values. You have 'x' gold and 'y' gold in checks.

Thanks
Step 1- Place empty bag in bank box.
Step 2- Place all 1 mil checks in bag in bank box.
Step 3- Convert loose gold into check form at the nearest 50k mark (so if you have 367,000 gold convert to 350k and leave balance as 1 gold stack).
Step 4- Cursor over bag to get mils, cursor over loose check to get 100k's, cursor over single gold stack to get remaining balance.

Or

Step 1- Use housing tool from anywhere in Sosaria.

Either way works pretty good.

N

Nestorius

My proposed change - localize bank boxes

If you drop an item off at Jhelom bank, you should only be able to retrieve it at Jhelom bank. Gold can remain the same, it can show up everywhere.

I think this will be a good change.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2006
Atlantic / Boston MA

If you drop an item off at Jhelom bank, you should only be able to retrieve it at Jhelom bank. Gold can remain the same, it can show up everywhere.

oh please no... although... if that change was implemented, it would increase bank storage :D 125-150 stones per bank box woot!

D

Doireann

Until the town with the item you need is invaded...