• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Bane Dragon Returned to Maximum Power with this Stew"

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know what this actually means?

I'm sure its a good thing, but I don't see any difference.

It sure would be nice if that breath attack works again, but its going to be about 10 days before I drop more stew on it so I can't really tell.

N

northwoodschopper

i'm testing this myself, i haven't fed any stew to one of mine, yet haven't had any prompt that they lost power.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I heard someone say it had to do with the level of poison they breathe.
He might have just been trying to sell his stew though ;)

N

northwoodschopper

I heard someone say it had to do with the level of poison they breathe.
He might have just been trying to sell his stew though ;)
yeah, i was either thinking it affects their breath, or puts the bane dragon into a temporary statloss. either way, it's been five days without stew, and nothing yet.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
yeah, i was either thinking it affects their breath, or puts the bane dragon into a temporary statloss. either way, it's been five days without stew, and nothing yet.
Like I'm going to feed my pet a stew with ingredients that aren't all that easy to get, and which costs 1.5 mil if you don't make it yourself, just to have it deal a higher level of poison which will be cured a nano second later in pvp and an even dozen nano seconds later in pvm - unless of course I've taken my dread swamp dragon out to hunt rabbits.

I've heard rabbits don't cure poison, but I'm concerned, what if they do? Is it worth 1.5 million on the off chance that that rabbit can't cure poison? What if there's a cross curing goat nearby? Will my stew be wasted? :stir:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Like I'm going to feed my pet a stew with ingredients that aren't all that easy to get, and which costs 1.5 mil if you don't make it yourself, just to have it deal a higher level of poison which will be cured a nano second later in pvp and an even dozen nano seconds later in pvm - unless of course I've taken my dread swamp dragon out to hunt rabbits.

I've heard rabbits don't cure poison, but I'm concerned, what if they do? Is it worth 1.5 million on the off chance that that rabbit can't cure poison? What if there's a cross curing goat nearby? Will my stew be wasted? :stir:
Umm...
I think we are just trying to determine what it does do. Not suggesting anyone actually has to use it.

N

northwoodschopper

for all we know, it might not even be something that's active yet, or not working as intended.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Umm...
I think we are just trying to determine what it does do. Not suggesting anyone actually has to use it.
And I was just being... ridiculous... :popcorn:

There was a not-so-subtle subtext that if feeding them blackrock stew does something other than typical feeding, given the cost and effort involved, it had better be pretty spectacular whatever it is.

Are people getting that message when they feed the stew to the dragons? Or is it something that was dug up out of a cliloc file (or wherever it is that those things are dug up out of)?

The devs did say specifically that there is something special about these dragons that we haven't discovered yet, and that response was given to a question about feeding if I recall correctly.

edit: Answered my own question. It's a message we are getting when we feed the dragons stew.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wish the bloody c blackrock would spawn more. 1.5 per is a bit much for food for a pet!!!

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

well, either way you'll have to feed it stew twice to bond it...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
well, either way you'll have to feed it stew twice to bond it...
I don't have any problem with that, bonding is a once in a life time thing with pets, unless you transfer ownership. But if I'm going to have to feed them bloody blackrock stew on a regular basis for them to be an effective pet, my poor bane dragon isn't going to be seeing the outside of a stable for much of anything beyond the occasional parade...

Having said that, maybe this is some kind of fun easter egg like the dread warhorse's "trick" so I'm worrying about nothing. I think I'm in a bad mood... If I was my mother I'd be putting me down for a nap... Thank the gods I'm not my mother, that would be more than a little confusing... You know, worms have that problem...

G

Goonball FC

unless of course I've taken my dread swamp dragon out to hunt rabbits.

stay away from the vorpals

S

Salya Sin

I got the point of your post and I giggled! I thought it was hilarious!

And yes... I'd like to know the point of this special feeding thing. I've been harvesting like mad just to get the 3 Banes I have enough stew to bond. I'm not going to bother playing them until an easier way comes to feed them. It's just too expensive right now... the C. Rock prices have jumped WAY too high right now to bulk buy... and they are just not dropping enough at the spawn... or in the Abyss.

I'm sure we will find out soon enough though... I have faith in the larger plan.

V

Vaelix

Anyone know what this actually means?

I'm sure its a good thing, but I don't see any difference.

It sure would be nice if that breath attack works again, but its going to be about 10 days before I drop more stew on it so I can't really tell.
Apparently (According to Other Players) The Bane Dragons Poison Breath (Fireball) is on some kind of "Charges" System... Where they have a limited amount of Firebreaths Per Stew Feeding..

When they are "Returned to Maximum Power" It means that they are "Charged Up" And can use their Maximum amount of firebreaths until they run out of power again..

Making them Quite inferior to Dread Warhorses :confused: