• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bane Dragon Griefing Continues, Day 3

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, just how long is the pop up killing of banes beaten into submission going to be allowed to go on.

That along with the taming and then hiding on server to suppress the spawn of other Bane Dragons is rampant on ATL.

There have been dozens of pages that I know about and probably quite a few more and no real suppression of this greed motivated greifing.

This is clearly a trouble area with TOS violations happening by the minute and no GM bothers to stand watch and toss violators?

What's the point of lengthy development of a killer Event with Fiction background as well as rules and TOS agreements if a couple of people can trash an entire portion of the event for profit and greed at the expense of hundreds of people trying to WORK TOGETHER (that's the point of many new ideas in UO is to foster community) to partake in the Event?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hey, Ozz. I'm upset, too. Apparently, a GM appeared on Day 1 and informed everyone that no actions would be taken . . . and she got paid for it. -__-

P

Phineas le Monge

Is this close enough someone could lure slasher into area? That may clear griefers for a little while...

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Most of the griefers that I have seen have been stealth/ninja/archers. They stealth around, unnoticed by slasher, and shoot one kill shot at redlined banes. Then, they immedately hide. If Slasher does aggro them, they're in llama form...they just run and hide.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, Ozz. I'm upset, too. Apparently, a GM appeared on Day 1 and informed everyone that no actions would be taken . . . and she got paid for it. -__-
Damn, Syrus, paid how?

You mean paid by the two guilds who's members are doing this?

Clearly this situation needs review.

There is no good reason to suspend TOS for the benefit of a few Luna Dragon sellers at the expense of every one else on the Shard.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
No, I mean she was paid her normal salary as a customer service representative. Nothing sketchy or anything, hehe.

S

Saris

Is this close enough someone could lure slasher into area? That may clear griefers for a little while...
This is could get you temp banned and a mark on your account. it is against the TOS.
any way just a heads up on that before you do it.

This is the same hiding with a pet on the server thing ppl have been doing for years.

I poseted about it over a year ago, got mostly flames for it, however I stand firm, you CANT do anything about someone in tram, so THEY should not be allowed to exploit game mechanics to ruin your fun in tram.

put them in new pets in fel too or get rid of the jackasses, EA ......

in fel you are allowed to mess with folks, not in tram. this pet is in a tram rule set.

there is no grey area EA, grieving is not allowed in tram, thats why it was created in the first place...

ooo you can grieve folks, at events, they do nothing, you can spam hatred and vulgarity at an EM public address, GMs do nothing.

I can say one little word and get a temp ban so fast.. almost makes me think the GMS paid buy someone other than EA......

so here is me extending my middle finger to the monitor in a salute of all the GM's fine service though out the years.

S

Sturdy

Siege player here, sorry if I misunderstand.

Here is what I am taking from all this.
1.They kill redlined dragons that are being tamed unless they are doing the taming.

2.You are in Trammel so you cant kill them.

3.You are sad.

It sounds like all you can do is retaliate and kill the dragons they are taming. Then they have no advantage. I realize everyone loses the ability to tame a dragon but perhaps if they are unable to tame any they will relent?

S

Saris

ummm no. I will not be an idiot to make idiots act less like idiots.

:p

ill wait it out.
few weeks no one will care, just like dreads.

still....should have made more spots to spawn.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege player here, sorry if I misunderstand.

Here is what I am taking from all this.
1.They kill redlined dragons that are being tamed unless they are doing the taming.

2.You are in Trammel so you cant kill them.

3.You are sad.

It sounds like all you can do is retaliate and kill the dragons they are taming. Then they have no advantage. I realize everyone loses the ability to tame a dragon but perhaps if they are unable to tame any they will relent?
Nah as that just lowers yourself to there lvl, what would happen if the whole world took this attitude? We'd all be killing each other and still living in caves!

Thunderz

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its very important to realize that people like this have a problem, and they cant help it. they crave attention unnaturally because they don't receive it in the real world. just do something else for a week. stop by, if they are still there go away. its pretty simple. sadly this message will not reach everyone nor will most people pay attention. but it is the only way. maybe you should party this person and see if they want a birthday celebration.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've helped both of the people you named acquire bane dragons. Terrific. -__-

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've helped both of the people you named acquire bane dragons. Terrific. -__-
So have I. Very sad. I managed to get 3 yesterday morning as there was nice little group after server up. I think they're ugly, though, and I don't picture myself hunting with one. I gave 2 of the 3 to guildies who tried all day but couldn't get one.

FireKitten

West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at 1pm est last night, a few guild members and I went down to attempt some taming of bane dragons.. no griefer was in sight but the dragon would not spawn.. I attempted to track via joat tracking to see if anyone was in the area but no one showed. It is a large area so who knows. There was a horde of hellhounds and the slasher, of course but no banes. I even checked the surrounding areas. Tis sad that the "community" this game boasted of for so long is no longer a prevalent commodity.

T

Tazar

Note: Some posts have been removed for "personal attacks". While we all deplore the situation, Stratics Rules (because character names are not unique) do not allow the character name to be posted. Posting the name and substituting one character for a "*" is also not acceptable.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Note: Some posts have been removed for "personal attacks". While we all deplore the situation, Stratics Rules (because character names are not unique) do not allow the character name to be posted. Posting the name and substituting one character for a "*" is also not acceptable.
Sorry.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update: The drag is now spawning again, but people are just killing it and interrupting tames.

F

FactionFighter

To the original poster:

I just wanted to clear things up a bit. I am from the Faction that the guy dragon sitting is from. I know him and he does have some personality flaws for sure

What's going on is wrong. No question but you lumped the dragon sitter in with the redline killers. This was a mistake. I am not saying what the dragon sitter did is right buy you have the wrong reason.

He was sitting on the dragon to grief the guys redline killing. He told this to the people around him many times. I was there and saw him. His point was that as long as he sat they could not deny anyone else a tame and tame themselves. They were in the same boat as everyone else.

This kid does have the time and the personality needed to do this kind of thing for days to get these guys to stop redline killing dragons. If they start again his point was that he is willing to sit for a few days again. Believe me this kid lives to **** people off. He loves it.

It is kind of a mutual assured destruction pact. If they start redline killing again he is gonna sit. And it kinda worked. A while after he sat bane dragon sales dried up because they didn't know when they were going to tame again.

Today after he stopped sitting people were taming again.

I'm not saying it was right but you had the wrong idea.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I prefer the kill-shotters. At least we occasionally get a successful tame, when they happen to miss or if they have to run from Slasher. What your faction buddy was doing is much more damaging.

Gantry

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. Pop shots are part of the game. Disrupting the dragon spawn is not. Two wrongs don't make a right by any means. Let the dragons spawn and everyone atleast has a chance to tame one. Quit hiding like a child in a closet with his favorite toy so one one else can play with it. It's a game. Lets have some fun. Atleast that's why I play :)

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...I just wanted to clear things up a bit...

..He was sitting on the dragon to grief the guys redline killing. He told this to the people around him many times. I was there and saw him....

...I'm not saying it was right but you had the wrong idea.
Hmmm... I have to admit that your right. He did say exactly that to the group of us.

I was too angry at the time to believe or even hear him. I just accused him of being in league with the group that was red-line killing the Bane Dragons and was convinced that it was just a change in tactics.

I see now why he was doing what he was doing, not that I agree with it, and a response like this was actually proposed by a Siege player earlier. I guess it makes a kind of twisted sense.

I see now that he wasn't trying to grief us, the group of legit tamers, but the original griefers themselves. We were just collateral damage in the war he was waging with the original griefers.

While I was there he even stated that if he did leave those guys would just pop up again and start killing tames.

In retrospect, I think his frustration may have become so great at the red-line killings that his response was to shut the whole thing down rather than let them get away with murder, so to speak.

I don't agree with it (two wrongs, etc... and cutting your nose off to spite your face) but I think I actually understand it.

Thanks for clearifying this.

S

Scarab

still a loser. still griefing. strikes me as ex post facto rationalization

roninaxx

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well there is a lot of griefing going on but last night me and a few guildies ran across a perviously tamed bane turned loose at a tram gate we tamed it and found 4 bane dragons release just outside guard zone at gate for a total of 5 bane dragons tamed with no one else around . you have to wonder at someones motovation for release them in that manner 1 st one had a ghost wanting to be rezzed because dragon killed them.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems as if now that taming has resumed people are purging their stables of lower rating Bane Dragons to make room for better, more profitable ones.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got home from work, 8:25 EST, and the bane is already tamed and hidden off somewhere =(