• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Bane Chosen Invade Magincia!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Great Lakes Tribune at gl.uorpc.net:

The much-besieged Isle of Magincia once again plays host to an invading force. The Bane Chosen have been discovered consorting with demons, mage lords at the southern end of the island.

At the behest of Lady Silverbrook, the Britannian Armed Forces arrived at the Isle several hours ago and successfully routed the invasion forces. Unfortunately, reinforcements including blackrock golems have since arrived and are attempting to take the Isle once again.
This invasion solidifies the connection between the Bane Chosen and the Daemon Conclave, thus exposing the Bane as enemies of Britannia.

Help repel this latest attempt by the forces of evil to claim Magincia!

S

Silverbrook

Good day, and thank you Martyna for that news article to bring light to the current plight Magincia, and by that Britannia, faces at this time.

I do wish for those who provide assistance to this war upon Magincia's soil that I will endeavor to keep supplies stocked for those who may need them. Arrows, enhanced bandages and orange petals will be available to those who require them. A publicly accessed crystal portal and Ankh of Resurrection can be found within my estate, if needed.

Be well... and safe travels. May the Virtues guide you in this dark hour.

T

Trebr Drab

That Ankh only works once per hour for you, so be aware of that and plan accordingly.

This seems like something that should be shard wide, yet no word on the general forum. Seems strange to me.

I discovered it by following from the Bane Chosen battle area outside of the Ophidian's Manse, to the entrance that leads through the massive underground caverns and to Serpents Hold, past the Evil Mage's complex, and through the gates that are still there, gating to Magincia. I was just off on an expedition looking for hints to the Bane Chosen.

The Chosen are in league with those Evil Mages, and their Hell Hounds are all over those caverns. and this means they are part of the same group that allied with those Evil Mages in the past. Roberto's and Frederick's group. Or the same "circles" they run in, at the least.

In Magincia, the Evil Mages are concentrated at the ruins of the old Magincia library of history, which was moved to Nujel'm.
But I found a couple of books in there, and copied them. Does anyone remember them? They are "The Heinz Lineage" and "Message to Listan". A brief perusing of the contents didn't seem to mean anything to current events, nor jog my memory of past events.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of the books currently littering Magincia are relavent to present events. Those books are all from the Partisans of Chaos plotline from 7 years ago.

Whats happening on Magincia ties into the ongoing EM plotlines as well as being the in-game representation of the official fiction posted last week. GL just got the event before the other shards.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An earnest young man who is new to the fighting tells me that several people were seen in Magincia tonight, fighting.

Fighting there periodically is going to be very important, even if we can't win just yet.

Some will remember the Juka Invasions, many years ago. Ironically it was that war that brought Queen Dawn to prominence originally. In that conflict victory was impossible for ages, but it was critical to keep fighting anyway.

The enemy needs to be kept off-balance. When the time comes that victory's in our grasp, we'll have a better chance if the enemy is off-balance.

You will see me, or someone fighting in my stead, there, at least on occasion.

-Galen
Antiques Dealer

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Two days ago I was there on an alt character and Lady Silverbrook was the only other one defending. Death was upon me and I departed waiting till the day more arrive to help in the battle.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Try as I might to assist the Ethers seem to be against me at present... but know that in spirit I want to be there helping lend a hand.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try as I might to assist the Ethers seem to be against me at present... but know that in spirit I want to be there helping lend a hand.
John, the Squire of Newcastle, will simply have to stand in for Galen and Malag.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
John, the Squire of Newcastle, will simply have to stand in for Galen and Malag.

-Galen's player
John and Galen have both been there this morning. As an experiment, with Galen I tried to whittle down the evil mage spawn.

They were surely respawning, but from what I could tell they weren't respawning as fast as they were being killed.

To the degree to which I'm right, we should be able to control their spawn to an at least marginal degree...Making it a little easier to fight there, especially if another event takes us there. (Which seems likely.)

-Galen's player

T

Trebr Drab

John and Galen have both been there this morning. As an experiment, with Galen I tried to whittle down the evil mage spawn.

They were surely respawning, but from what I could tell they weren't respawning as fast as they were being killed.

To the degree to which I'm right, we should be able to control their spawn to an at least marginal degree...Making it a little easier to fight there, especially if another event takes us there. (Which seems likely.)

-Galen's player
Yes, I and another two defeated them all, and every minute or so another evil mage would pop up. And that was it.

However, should they plan some event of evil deeds, they may ramp up their forces. It may not be that easy.

S

Silverbrook

To update...

As of now, the evil mages upon Magincia have been disposed of. It appears, however, as if the demons have grown in number and area. They now permeate the area surrounding the old Library and Museum. Bane Dragons have also arrived upon the isle to the south and west of Magincia.

Be well, and may the Virtues guide you.