• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Balm of Swiftness and Stacking and Commodity Vendors

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I was shard surfing, I saw Balm of Swiftness on a commodity vendor in Yamato.
Intrigued, I decided to test all balms and such with stacking and commodity vendors.
Balms do not stack normally.
Balms can be added to commodity deeds though, just one per deed through the normal means, which is weird because usually only stackable items can be added to commodity deeds.
The Balm of Protection cannot be added to a commodity vendor.
But the Balm of Swiftness can be added to a commodity vendor.
If you add two or more of these to a commodity vendor, and then take out two (or more) of these through the commodity vendor, you will have a commodity deed for two Balm of Swiftness (which is impossible any other way)
You can redeem this deed for these two Balm of Swiftness and you have a stacked version of the Balm of Swiftness (which is impossible to get through any normal means)
However these redeemed Balms of Swiftness no longer work (much like the fish pie bug from way back when fish pies were added to commodity vendors) even if you unstack them.
I did not try any other Balms or Lotions or such.

Of course the obvious solution is to let balms stack and let them be added to the commodity vendors and make it so they work afterwards... but I have a feeling the devs will just make it so the Balm of Swiftness cannot be added to commodity vendors...either way I guess it will be fixed. Except for this rare stacking 2 Balms of Swiftness that I have for I guess deco purpose (or any that are created after this bug is submitted)