• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Baja guilds?

NeeseO

Visitor
Hi, Octavia here! I've come back to the game after about 5 years or so and Baja seems semi dead. Most of the people I see are in guilds, however, their guilds aren't the 20 + people they used to be. I would rather not have to move all of my stuff over to another shard. What can I do to find a guild to join so I can take everyone to Doom and kill Dark Fathers again, or even a Harrower? -missin the good ol days.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Welcome back NeeseO!

If you join the General chat and speak up, you will usually find someone in it.

WildStar

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres people around. im Ol Man River/ Winter... just kicking around by my lonesome too..

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Quick summary of happenings guildwise on Baja:
Cartel and SI+Pak were the main guilds of Baja for the longest of times, most guilds are either super small or family guilds, or just people holding guild tags for nostalgia.
A couple years ago SI called it quits and in an attempt to "get away from Cartel" they started bouncing servers, unlucky for them though that Cartel was already established across every west coast server and the bulk of east coast servers, so that didn't work out well for them, then SI's GM, Cypher, made a call for everyone to make a character on Siege Perilous and that he was "cutting the dead weight" from his alliance and his guild. Which turned out to mean that he recruited a few people that he thought were the capable members of Pak, kicking JR and the rest of the guild to the curb and making sure to let JR know that he felt everything that made SI fail was his fault. Then packed up and left Baja. Cartel has since essentially adopted what is left of Pak, since all JR wants is a bit of community and we can respect that.

That leaves basically Cartel as the last active guild on the server, with Pak as it's subsidiary or child guild. There are some guilds that popup and fade out here and there, but none that really last. Although this is from the perspective of someone who lives and plays in fel, so I am also a bit ignorant as to guilds who don't enter fel.

Also, Cartel on Baja isn't even that active anymore, we're there, some of us more than others. But we're more active across literally every other server.

Anyways, welcome back. If you do decide that Baja isn't quite active enough for you, feel free to get a hold of me and I can probably answer you questions about other servers and their population.

Also this post was in part an answer to @DanteSignas's thread.

Dig

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow.. Hard to believe that SI and Cypher where still around. Is the faction system still around? Its been a few years since I logged in and fed my dark green warhorse. I'd hate to log in and have him go wild. I cant image there are many of the original dark green ones left. What faction rank is required these days to ride the horses? Does such a thing even exist?

-Dig
SISig.jpg

Sig1.jpg

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Factions dont exist anymore. Devs "Allowed us to keep" our warhorses, however they cannot be transferred to anyone. Unfortunately I lost a batch of dark green SL horses on a side account :(

Also, I haven't seen Cypher since I farmed four of his "pvp chrs" (Godwin/Tak/OxyGen/Something else I forget these days) 1v12 for like three hours between Fire and T2A and continuously dropped him in front his group. One of them told me over ICQ later that night that he actually ended up rage logging off vent, but not before calling every single person who was online "completely worthless" and "a waste of time/space in this guild" and some other fairly derogative things. Sometime after that are when the events I posted above happened.

Quite a rude dude, to say the least.

Last edited:

Dig

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions dont exist anymore. Devs "Allowed us to keep" our warhorses, however they cannot be transferred to anyone. Unfortunately I lost a batch of dark green SL horses on a side account :(

Also, I haven't seen Cypher since I farmed four of his "pvp chrs" (Godwin/Tak/OxyGen/Something else I forget these days) 1v12 for like three hours between Fire and T2A and continuously dropped him in front his group. One of them told me over ICQ later that night that he actually ended up rage logging off vent, but not before calling every single person who was online "completely worthless" and "a waste of time/space in this guild" and some other fairly derogative things. Sometime after that are when the events I posted above happened.

Quite a rude dude, to say the least.
Well I'm glad to hear people kept the pressure on his guild over the years. I still remember him starting out with oxygen as a TB faction guy and getting rolled over by us. Once scrolls came around he realized he could ebay those for real cash and started SI. After each harrower he would pull out the valuable scrolls to sell on ebay and give the junk back to the guild.

It was about this time he caught my interest when he used his guild to crush all the smaller ones that just wanted to have a fun time and get a scroll or two. He saw this as a threat to his ebay market and sent SI to kill these little guilds. This never sat well with me and was something that could only hurt the baja community in general.

So I setup an intelligence network inside of SI and farmed their members for a long time. I probably gave away a thousand scrolls I took from SI to random people that needed them. I had over a half a dozen SI members who hated him and would send me intel almost continuously on their activity.

Factions was way past its peak at this point and sadly the decline could be seen everywhere. AOS forced us to PvE for gear and the rest is history.

I did enjoy factions and SL. Good times.