• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bah! Humbug!

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, UO.Stratics loses track of all the forums. Next, I see a news item about the admins shutting down for file maintenance. OK, fine, then a week or so later, I find this mess and have to register again. Well, horse poo!

What I wanted to do was log into the dev page (which doesn't seem to exist any longer) and request a minor change to the KR client. This change would save a startup file that is deleted if the client manages to run until the player logs off. So, when the client crashes, this file is used for a quick restart. That way, just maybe, I might be able to restart the game and get back on BEFORE I end up dead, decayed and petless! KR has some decent features, but the random crash is just plain indecent!!!

T

T_Amon_from_work

First, UO.Stratics loses track of all the forums. Next, I see a news item about the admins shutting down for file maintenance. OK, fine, then a week or so later, I find this mess and have to register again. Well, horse poo!

What I wanted to do was log into the dev page (which doesn't seem to exist any longer) and request a minor change to the KR client. This change would save a startup file that is deleted if the client manages to run until the player logs off. So, when the client crashes, this file is used for a quick restart. That way, just maybe, I might be able to restart the game and get back on BEFORE I end up dead, decayed and petless! KR has some decent features, but the random crash is just plain indecent!!!
Use the support pages at EA - feedback.

As for the mess we're currently in, if you read Gallahan's report on what happened, it was not Stratics that caused this mess, but other factors, one of which I personally have had my tail in a vise over doing. Stuff happens.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But, it looks very much like nobody at EA other than some half baked mailbot ever looks at stuff posted to UO support.