• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back to Britain!

• Thread starter StaticOnAtlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
S

StaticOnAtlantic

Okay okay, I know, I know your Brit bank has changed a bit. I know most of us ran scared from the city because of the invasion of brit. Most of us ran to a city covered in a sess pool of terrible prices (Except for a Blind Mans Outlet ;) ) and washed out sandstone.

But its time to come back home.

I, A Blind Man Declare that Britain Bank is back open & Secure too! I ask of you to come back fill the city with your slander of goods. The streets are clean, The beer is ah brewing. BARTON!! also begs of you to come!

Fill The Streets! Fill The Streets! Fill The Streets! Fill The Streets! Fill The Streets!

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Word! Im just asking everyone if your going to bank sit, Go to Brit! Simple as that.

A

alosis

Hey, question for any verteran players out there, when and how did the Brit bank change to what it is today? (i.e. the stairs, the whole flora scene, the pond, etc..) I remember when it was a regular stone building and the only way to get on top would be the teleport trick. Just curious, I always like to hear about lore and the back stories.

T

Tazar

There was a contest 5 or 6 months ago (somewhere in there) to redesign the bank on the American Shards. Player designs were submitted and Draconi did the decorating in his spare time.

Dedonarrival

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss the old Brit bank. having stairs up to a roof that looks like a garden just isn't inviting to me.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Well make it inviting! Come back to Brit! *Starts Chant* We had atleast 8 players there today at one time which is good news. Atlantic I beg of you, if you are going to bank sit/sell goods GO TO BRIT!

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Start An invasion on luna.
Assemble 25 of your greatest spammers, and let them loose at the bank.
The people will run scared to britain again.

M

MariamATL

Honestly Luna is bad for business because ppl CONSTANTLY spam over each other since the space is SOOOO small. I'm ALL for the move back to brit!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is much more room for spamming at Brit bank! I can't stand everybody standing on top of each other in that tiny center cluster in Luna.

BACK TO BRIT! Count me in :)

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Tazar!

And, I'm happy to report that last night, I went to Britain for an arcane focus, and there were a handful of people hanging out there.

C'mon and do your bank sitting with some arm room! :)

K

Krrom

I tried. When I first came back to the game several months ago I went first of course to WBB....it was deserted. Figured it was only me and 5 other people who still played this game. Then of course I went through the new portal near there to Luna(thats the last place I knew GRL was at the time) and wow...lag/spam fest in the bank.

I miss the old days of WBB. You could buy a mount or whatever there. When did the said invasion take place? I really need a whats happened in the last 6 years thread so that I can catch up on all the missed happenings.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Brit invastion happend in mid 2008 and screwed everything up. Alls it would take is an invasion on Luna for like 3 days and everyone would be back at WBB.

If memory serves me right. The WBB invastion was only suppose to last like 3-4 days, but instead lasted weeks. (No updates by the team) All the town guards were deactivated, and It just SUNK the whole WBB deal.

So then they release the NEW plan to update brit bank. Which worked for a few hours. They need to change the gate location. (IE If I am in Luna and I choose brit. I go to the orignal moongate, They need to switch it so you arrive at the bank.)

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm, no.

People were back for almost a month during the contest I held. However, they left soon after the end of the contest. This basically implies that Brit bank is officially dead on Atlantic. Three day invasion of Luna is not going to cut it. Forget about it.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

I was trying to look at the glass half full. Do I think an Invastion of Luna would end luna? Of course not, but by slightly "nudging" players to Wbb, would not hurt either.

But who cares right? Brits dead...

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While you were not playing, there was also an invasion of Luna city, lasting several days. That did not seem to do any good either.

It is not about looking at glass half full. It is about the fact that Britain cannot compete with the multitude of player content, i.e. the merchant houses, which surround the city of Luna - armed with the illegal search sites. Only thing Britain offers is space (and nostalgia) and the general population has deemed that to be no longer good enough.

Here is a link to the contest that was held few months ago. As you can see from the screen shot, the bank was quite full for the duration of the contest. However, the aftermath rejects the theory that people only use Luna out of habit and if they were trained to come back to Britain for few weeks, they would abandon Luna.

I am not trying to discourage you but talking about it on Stratics is not going to do anything. You have to invest time and money. I have seen many people say a lot of things about hating Luna and wanting to come back to Brit. However, there were very few people (Vlad, Andrasta, Lady Rachel, and few other names I am forgetting now) who volunteered to help out when I was doing the contest.

It is possible to bring people back to Britain but not very plausible.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Aye, i was gone for your contest and the invasion of luna. It wasent a personal attack on you just really hard sometimes to hear sarcasim on a keyboard ;)

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those Luna invasions were sporadic, though, and not constant like the Brit invasion, so I don't think you can really compare the two in terms of effectiveness at driving out players. There was an hour or two per day over 3 days that you couldn't go to Luna; there were weeks on end that you couldn't go to Brit.

Not that Luna's going to get invaded anytime soon, but just because people went "back" to Luna and not to Brit doesn't indicate some preference to Luna... just not enough disruption.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are correct.

However, people did go back to Luna after the Return to the Brit bank event. Majority of Atlantic's population was using Brit bank primarily for several weeks during the event. After that, they went back.

M

Mirage

It is about the fact that Britain cannot compete with the multitude of player content, i.e. the merchant houses, which surround the city of Luna - armed with the illegal search sites. Only thing Britain offers is space (and nostalgia) and the general population has deemed that to be no longer good enough.

So why not just recall to Luna when you feel like shopping? Why do they all stand around in silence waiting for the urge to suddenly shop for something? Can't ya stand at Brit and wait for that?

Mir

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrugs* Don't ask me about that! Apparently, the general population gets lazier by the day.

Also, you have to keep in mind that Atlantic is like a friggin metropolitan of shards. We have lot of people from other shards, shards on which Luna has been the main bank for years and years.

M

Mirage

LoL. yeah, but I just don't understand sitting in that little cramped area for hours, on the whim that they may want to go shopping at any moment

Mir.

T

Trick Tickler

*Shrugs* Don't ask me about that! Apparently, the general population gets lazier by the day.

Also, you have to keep in mind that Atlantic is like a friggin metropolitan of shards. We have lot of people from other shards, shards on which Luna has been the main bank for years and years.
Says it all, and moving the moongate to spawn at brit bank might actually help. people from other shards do gather at luna bank, most of them anyway, seems like a bad habit.

T

Tazar

*Wonders if we can get the GM's or EM's to put up "No Loitering" signs at Luna Bank*