• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Back-to-back EM Tiberies events, Saturday June 16

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There will be two EM Tiberies events on Saturday June 16.

The 2pm event is entitled "The Awakening: What Doesn't Die."

The 4pm event is entitled "The Awakening: Neon Knights."

Both events will start at the Lycaeum (the school/monastery northwest of Moonglow) and both will involve Professor Yusef Ad-Din's ongoing investigations into Exodus.

Though the two events are related, you do NOT need to have gone to the first to attend or understand the second.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow.... i dont believe this has ever happened before... (2 events in one day on the same shard hosted by the same EM). Although i haven't seen it happen... i cant wait till saturday!!!! I LOVE Atlantic EM Events... can't wait and well done Tiberies. :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna miss both of these... Babysitting this weekend.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmmmmmmm.......... i can already tell that im not gonna like the death robes given out at these events... for all who doesnt know... go to spirituallity moongate in ish... "Gargoyal Stompers!" and i see one of em is a paragon. This is gonna be blood bath!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
hahahaha uh-huh, riggght. That can't be your real baby pic tho, there are no horns :p Both of you EM's are just this side of Evil :D

But we like it ;)

The 4pm event is entitled "The Awakening: Neon Knights."
Folks have been asking about the Neon Knights and what it means. My best guess is these will be Salah's Knights force and we will all have to wear that flamboyant eyepopping armor :eek:

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The first event was fine, but then you got a slew of annoying asses that take time to cast invis on people.. and then their buddies jump in and tell YOU to stop with the invising.. Couple that with most cuss inducing fight situations and it just makes for an over all non enjoyable experience. Think I'll sit these EM events out for now.

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The title pattern for the Atlantic events in the Awakening story arc is heavy metal songs. "What Doesn't Die" is Anthrax. "Neon Knights" is Black Sabbath.

As you have noticed by now there is also always a meaning in the context of the event. "What doesn't die" referred, for example, to a certain philosophical puzzle in fighting something like Exodus. You can't really kill it per se, as it was never alive to start with. For another example, "Metal Gods" was both a Judas Priest song and something said by Exodus's minions when they attacked Ver Lor Reg.

What "neon knights" will refer to will be made painfully obvious --in more than one way-- during the event.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Man, never would have thought I would forget so much Metal/Rock information. Reckon I did too much of that green stuff back in the 80's. :party:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dammit Kylie, you'd better remember to brief me on this. Now I'm really curious... *sighs and goes back to sitting out in the sun*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Heheehehe...

Well, we arrive, we fought, we died... ALOT, we won, and I got a drop :p

Pixie Swatter, but still a drop nonetheless :lol: told Alex I would engrave "Dropped from a Paragon Gargolye Stomper" on it and sell for 145m :D

Recap being worked on some while I wait for the 1600 event......

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Why's that Prom? Both seemed fun to me *shrugs* it beat killing graverobbers, grinding void pool or hunting paragons in Ilsh for sugar and vanilla imo. Was a fun afternoon from my side.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why's that Prom? Both seemed fun to me *shrugs* it beat killing graverobbers, grinding void pool or hunting paragons in Ilsh for sugar and vanilla imo. Was a fun afternoon from my side.

I like Tib, I really do, but at this point the events are just too similar.

1. Overuses the same mobs at every event. Now dont get me wrong, I love that he has the balls to put groundstomp in, but mix up the enemies a bit. Reskin the tormented minotaurs or something. I also get he likes Crimson Dragons, but they are at EVEEEEEEERY event he has. Again, just reskin it and make it seem new!

2. Both events ended today with a Crimson Dragon... (yawn)

3. Tib, you give TOO MUCH INFO out in your events. Telling us exactly what to expect, and telling people there is no drop at the BEGINNING of the event just ruins some of the surprise I guess.

4. Two events in one day, and neither had a drop. Don't get this wrong and say its my greed, as I don't sell my Atlantic items.

I don't know, maybe I am jaded because I attended events on a lot of other shards. I just think I have been enjoying the tie-ins to the Global Arc on the other shards more than Atlantic recently. Its a shame, because I thought Atlantic started the Exodus arc REALLY strong too.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't know, maybe I am jaded because I attended events on a lot of other shards. I just think I have been enjoying the tie-ins to the Global Arc on the other shards more than Atlantic recently. Its a shame, because I thought Atlantic started the Exodus arc REALLY strong too.

I can understand that. I am looking at it like a play. Acts 1 & 2 usually reach out and grab you. Act 3 and somtimes 4 are filling in the blanks of the plot, story line and are on most occasions not as grabbing as 1&2, in actual plays that's when I hit the bathroom - no lines and I don't miss much lol. Act 5 (and on occasion 4) ramp the intensity back up and all hell breaks loose. With the long pause we have had in the global arc, and Tib following along with it, it kind of leaves him in a lull through no fault of his own imo. No real way to advance, no real way to "ramp" it up.

On the critters, fictionally speaking... I can see to where Exodus would have assumed his minions, drakes and dragons would have easily dispatched the invading forces against him. That being the case, he would have a large supply of them. After several battles I can also imagine him sitting back trying to create something new to beat the forces of "good" into submission.

I have faith it will once again ramp up once the Global Arc advances some, only a couple more weeks before the next stuff hits supposedly. Also, I imagine Tib is assisting Bennu with the Trial of Lady Danica. THAT fiction has to be a pain to come up with. I am imagining rewrites up the wazoo for them. Could be wrong and Bennu is going solo on it... but they seem more like a team than 2 individuals to me. *shrugs*

I like strong beginning, ok middle, and strong endings better than ok opening, strong middle, ok ending. Everyone's different tho :)

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Promathia: I don't know, maybe I am jaded because I attended events on a lot of other shards. I just think I have been enjoying the tie-ins to the Global Arc on the other shards more than Atlantic recently. Its a shame, because I thought Atlantic started the Exodus arc REALLY strong too.

This could be the problem?

I was always taught if I didnt have something nice to say, not to say anything at all