Back on Sonoma!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Picard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
May 4, 2015
Hi, after years of WoW and Diablo I decided that UO was my favorite game.

Sonoma was where I started in 1998-99 so I came back. My name is Picard, and I left right around the Felucca / Trammel split. I wish i could get my blessed black sandals back but origin couldnt find my account!

It is taking some time to remember how everything works, and I love the classic client. I noticed too that my title and skill level is not showing up in my paper doll like it used to. Anyway, It is a really slow process, and it would be nice to find somebody in game to ask all of my newb questions to.

In 2 days I have not seen a single person, do people still play? Where is everybody?

Anywayz, I was stoked to see that there are spaces for houses. I will be building a miner outside of Minoc because that is what I used to do.

Hit me up, -Picard

Tarquinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oct 4, 2013
Calgary AB
Ive recently made a char here on Sonoma as well since I used to play here back in 97 - 00. It does seem rather quiet. I have seen a few people at luna a few times which is usually where you see people hanging out.

I also had issues trying to get my account back. After a few weeks of back and forth with origin or uo support or whoever it was I just gave up and started all over again. That was 2 years ago, so obviously

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 21, 2010
Hi, after years of WoW and Diablo I decided that UO was my favorite game.

Sonoma was where I started in 1998-99 so I came back. My name is Picard, and I left right around the Felucca / Trammel split. I wish i could get my blessed black sandals back but origin couldnt find my account!

It is taking some time to remember how everything works, and I love the classic client. I noticed too that my title and skill level is not showing up in my paper doll like it used to. Anyway, It is a really slow process, and it would be nice to find somebody in game to ask all of my newb questions to.

In 2 days I have not seen a single person, do people still play? Where is everybody?

Anywayz, I was stoked to see that there are spaces for houses. I will be building a miner outside of Minoc because that is what I used to do.

Hit me up, -Picard
Hey Picard.. yes it has been quiet lately on sonoma.. seems weather getting nice people must be not playing on the computer as much.. if you want lots of people you may try to make a character on atlantic as it is the most populated shard now.

I played since 98 also and still have my black blessed sandals =P of course now there not as special as they where back in the day...

if you need something just ask in global chat on sonoma you be amazed of how many people are actually on playing but you may not see them as there is so much todo in game now .

They also now have advisors which are in game at times to help with questions and help returning players.. Think we have 2 on sonoma still.. usually at luna bank or in global chat if they are online.

on the paperdoll title if you left click once on ur character it will bring up a menu.. select titles menu and u can select which title you would like it to show and where. on paperdoll or above head.. =)

Last edited:

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 21, 2010
Ive recently made a char here on Sonoma as well since I used to play here back in 97 - 00. It does seem rather quiet. I have seen a few people at luna a few times which is usually where you see people hanging out.

I also had issues trying to get my account back. After a few weeks of back and forth with origin or uo support or whoever it was I just gave up and started all over again. That was 2 years ago, so obviously
Welcome Back! =)

Reactions: Tarquinn

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Feb 25, 2004
VA
Most people don't bank sit anymore but if you speak in general chat you'll usually get replies. Welcome back!!

Tarquinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oct 4, 2013
Calgary AB
Does there happen to be any active and recruiting guilds by any chance?? Looking to get into doing some champs, or peerless or whatever. Once i get my chars up to snuff that is.

I aint opposed to some pvp either, just been a heck of a while since I've done any of that.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
Awards
Drakelord#5598
Welcome back, most can be found around Luna bank, (Sitters) the rest are running around like crazy elsewhere. I 'm an old player, 1999-2009. Took a break. Just returned this pass April.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 25, 2004
Sonoma
Welcome home!!!

As others on here have said, just speak in General Chat at normal play times and there are usually folks around, and yes, there are a lot more folks on than it appears, a LOT more. We have, as was also said, many more places to go and many more things to do than when you played before so it appears that there is no one on but we're here!!