• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Back at it, from scratch. Have questions, need help !

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Hello all,

just got back at UO with a trial account. I know I will play more then the 14 days that comes with it. But, I am soooo rusty.

I dont want IG help as it will spoil my experience, I want to do it on my own just like I did back in the early days of UO. But, any help/recommendations is greatly appreciate.

Just to give you an idea, I do have fish steaks but just cant remember how to cook them.... LOL

Which template should I start with that does not need gear (Melee) and a caster, miner, crafters ?

Thanx,
Mobidoy Querrent
Great Lakes

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
these days you need a skillet or some other cooking utensil to cook fish steaks, using the cooking menu.
When I started from scratch on a strange shard I started in New Haven doing the accelerated gain quests. If you start with a melee and a crafter as you get better at melee you can get resources for the crafter, enabling him to make better armor for you warrior, so that he can then get better resources to make even better armor.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
don't cook your fish steaks -- unless you are working on a cook. raw fish steaks can be turned in to gain town loyalty (but cooked ones can't).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I guess it all depend of what you want to become when you grow up. Do you want to be a crafter or traveling the land and animal and monsters for the resources and loot?
Do you want to craft your own armor and weapon or make gold to buy it?.
There are alot of questions

Mobidoy

Adventurer
I guess it all depend of what you want to become when you grow up. Do you want to be a crafter or traveling the land and animal and monsters for the resources and loot?
Do you want to craft your own armor and weapon or make gold to buy it?.
There are alot of questions
I want to start by hunting, in fact, all my skills are in the 50's now and hunting black solen infiltrators in the hill near despise. Was heading there to hunt reptiles (cant remember the name) but they are gone it seems lol...

Trying to find a suitable place at that skill lvl to train/get better gear.

As for crafter, yeah, later in-game, I will want to craft my own things, just for fun....

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If you need any help/gates or advice let me know. I play GL. My icq is: 66951056. A lot of times I play on Balron, not on my tamer Zandor, just because a mage is so much more fun! I was actually thinking of making a new character anyhow, so it could be fun to adventure to some forgotten about lower level spots.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Trmmel Despise got a revamp some time back it appears ... I too went there hunting Lizardmen for spined hides my tailor needs. I used UOGuide to locate places where I can get them now. I suggest you do the same.