• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Back after many years...

B

Burgundian84

Good afternoon Atlantic! I'm back to UO after being away for almost a decade, started back up on Catskills. I've realized the horrendously low populace on most shards except Atlantic, so I'm gearing up to make a move. My question is about houses, is it possible to place any more? If not, are smaller houses still available to purchase from established players? I have a lot of catching up do to on the mechanics of the UO world, any help or advice is much appreciated. I saw the active PVP here firsthand, and would love to be a part of this community. Thank you all for your time and patience with Noob questions! ;)
Signed,
Burgundy

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Welcome back to UO and welcome to Atlantic. As you have probably heard, Atlantic is the most populated shard, so real estate can sometimes be a bit of a challenge. Occasionally, small plots open up. You can use a house placement tool to place a house in these areas. If you want a larger house, you will probably have to purchase it from a player.

Most folks want 18x18s with no neighbors in front and free of any aggressive spawn. In Trammel, Malas, and Tokuno, these plots can cost anywhere from 15 million to 25 million. Smaller houses that still have maximum storage capacity are considerably cheaper: they can often be purchased for only 3-5 million. Houses in Felucca tend to be a bit cheaper, unless they are in high-traffic PvP areas, such as the Yew moongate. Houses near monsters spawn also tend to be a bit cheaper.

Your best bet might be to post a "Buying" thread here: UO Atlantic Trade - Stratics Forums. Give your price range, so folks will know what you are looking for.

Good luck!

B

Burgundian84

Thank you Syrus, I very much appreciate your timely response to my post. Looks like housing will be a challenge, I don't want a big house though so it may be easier than I think. After much research I found that Atlantic most closely resembles UO as I remember it from the past, shoulder-to-shoulder people with lots of action! I'm glad to see such a strong community still exists here, gives future to us all. Thank you again for the information sir!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
L

Lauranthalis

Thank you Syrus, I very much appreciate your timely response to my post. Looks like housing will be a challenge, I don't want a big house though so it may be easier than I think. After much research I found that Atlantic most closely resembles UO as I remember it from the past, shoulder-to-shoulder people with lots of action! I'm glad to see such a strong community still exists here, gives future to us all. Thank you again for the information sir!
Just takes some time to find em is all. I placed 1 max secure in fel for my account, and a max secure in Tram for my wife's account. Took me about a day to find the one in fel, and about a week to find the tram spot. Have a few mid sized fel plots allready marked if you need one. (one is 11x15 i believe, other is 10x15).

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are plots out there in fel,tram and malas sometimes it just takes awhile to find them. if you need help finding a spot just let me know, when i get bored i run around looking for open areas and i promise i wont even propose to you since i finally got aulbrey married off *giggles*